“Very interesting”

Half Day Chalong Bay Rum Masterclass
Ranked #1 of 1 Food & Drink in Chalong
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Come and enjoy a refreshing CHALONG BAY MOJITO while visiting the one-and-only DISTILLERY of Phuket and learning about how this international award-winning natural rum is produced. Chalong Bay Distillery prides itself in producing 100% natural rum using only 'best-of-crop' Thai sugarcane and centuries-old French distillation methods. Our distillery is open for visits every afternoon every day. Hours of Operations : • Shop: 11am to 10pm • Bar: 11am to 10pm (Last order at 9.30 pm) • Distillery tour: 2 pm, 3 pm, 4 pm, 5 pm and 6 pm (450thb including the tour, a mojito, and tasting of our products) • Cocktail Workshop: upon booking You love cocktails, but you do not know how to make them? We'll teach you to make delicious refreshing tropical cocktails at the heart of the only distillery of Phuket! (2 hours experience including 3 cocktail making and sipping, distillery tour for 1,700thb per person - upon booking)
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Just did the tour of your distillery. Very small production compared to other brand rums but very informative. Explains the process of making rum and how they make it. Great value with a drink included.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I had the great opportunity to have a personal inspection at Chalong Bay Rum Distillery. I was impressed how efficient the little Distillery is working. No big factory machines and industrialization. Everything is made by hand and the people are dedicated to produce the best Rum possible. Finally I had the chance to try the Rum and I was blown away. The best Rum I have ever had. Tasteful, fruity, rich. If you are in Phuket don't miss the chance and pass by far a tasting. You will never drink any other Rum than Phuket Chalong Bay Rum. It's truly much better than many of the famous names available.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank Oradie
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Was there beginning of 2013. Extremely interesting and tasty.
First there are nice French people working on site. They are speaking French , English , Spanish, Thai and to my big surprise very good Russian (!!!) . No problem to communicate.
You will be immersed in the magic world of creation of The Rhum by these passionate people. They will show you old traditional french alambic (distilling machine) from Armagnac region, which was transported from France especially for giving the best taste.
Ask them questions - you will be astonished by hundreds details about their profession.
And of course, what is the Rhum if it is not tasted?! Be ready, they know how to surprise you!
After writing this post I felt a strong desire to prepare one of those exotic drinks and to dive into sweet memories of our trip to Thailand. It seems that I steel have kipping half of a bottle.

2  Thank Oleg_Kaydalov
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I would like to shar my fabulou day at Chalong Bay Rum Distillery. It was very fantastic day..., warm welcome from them. The rum was very good . It mark me feel,.... Yes, ....this is Natural Rum made from sugarcane in Thailand. , the best rum in Phuket. Really!.... I will invite all my friends to visit the Chalong Bay Rum

1  Thank Monthirakanpai
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Sometimes jewels can be found where you would not expect.To sip or mix, a wonder. The best rhum I have tasted for ages.

3  Thank Rikkou