Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM

Outstanding

Reviewed April 15, 2018
Carl M
Northampton, United Kingdom

All reviews chris owen open water breakfast and lunch via email idc padi instructor training thailand safety liveaboard noi organisation
Reviewed October 7, 2018

Chris is really nice ever since my first email inquiry. He recommended the boat Latitude for my family including my wife and four-year-old daughter, which turns out to be perfect for us. The boat is really comfortable and the day trip to Racha Yai is very relaxing. I can enjoy diving while letting my family hang out on the boat and do snorkelling.

My guide on that day is Mike, who's quite good at spotting small critters for me. Forgot to let him sign my dive log though. Hope I can make it up next time when I'm in Phuket :-)

Chris O, Owner at Indepth Dive Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Thank you for your review Howard, that is very kind of you, and AWESOME to hear you had a great day out with us. It was great to have you guys spend time with us and we very much look forward to seeing you next time you are on Phuket.

Chris

Reviewed April 15, 2018

From the first e-mail to our final dive Indepth Dive (Chris) was outstanding. We (wife plus 2 kids, 11 and 14yrs) wanted to complete our Open Water referral dives in Thailand. Chris recommended boat 4 (complete with paddle boards, slide, kayaks and rib to the beach) which was perfect for us and smoothly handled all the arrangements. Communication was excellent.
Our instructor, Sean, was brilliant with us, especially the kids, relaxing, funny but still gave us confidence in the sea, nothing was too much trouble. We couldn't have asked for someone better. Incredibly professional company and staff.
100% recommend In depth Dive without hesitation.

Chris O, Owner at Indepth Dive Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2018

Hi Carl,

THANK YOU for your feedback and Trip Advisor Review!!! GREAT to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We thought Boat 4 would suit you and your family, and I thought Sean would be the perfect instructor for you and the family.

We looking forward to hearing about your future dive adventures and hope to you see you again one day!

Happy Diving,

Chris, Nok, Mike, Sean and The Indepth Team

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

I’m so pleased I chose In-depth to complete my Padi Open Water Certification, I was impressed at how much the company is involved in promoting and raising funds for Marine Conservation through various social media. My Instructor for the course Michael Taylor was faultless, very organised and easy to approach. Pre-dive assessment briefings were fabulous with helpful tips and advice. Thanks to all the team for being well customer orientated and for arranging my Similian Islands Liveaboard with AOW. I am very excited and grateful.

Hi Aroona,

THANK YOU for much for your Trip Advisor Review and your feedback, Very, very pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Also very happy to hear you had an awesome Liveaboard to the Similan Islands and your Advanced Open Water Course. You had the experience which everyone is after - Whale Sharks THREE DAYS in a row !! With photos and video ...

Have a safe trip back to the UK and enjoy your Egypt Liveaboard!!

Chris, Nok, Mike and The Indepth Team

Reviewed March 23, 2018

We just completed our PADI certification with Indepth and we couldn't have had a better experience. From the first interaction, these guys were SO helpful and went above and beyond to accommodate unusual scheduling needs of ours. There are bigger "chop shop" type dive shops in the area that were priced higher for less personalized education. This was a really great value. Mike was the perfect instructor. So patient, knowledgeable and encouraging. He really wanted to see us safely succeed and was just as excited as we were, when we did. If you can't learn to dive from this guy...you can't learn to dive! I did the research on all the shops, and this one was the right choice by far. Save yourself the trouble and just call them. You'll be glad you did. Thanks Chris, Mike and Nok...

Hi Heidi and family,

Thank you for your Review and feedback, very, very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We are indeed a small shop, we prefer to focus on small, personal, and professional courses, and it looks like it worked well for you guys.

We hope you enjoyed your holiday on Khao Yai and hope to hear about your future diving adventures and maybe see you all here again one day.

Happy Diving!!!

Chris, Nok, Nok and The Indepth Team ....

Reviewed March 12, 2018

My fiancé and I flew all the way from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada so he could get certified in PADI training last January. The weather was great. Chris helped us find accommodations and transportation through his many contacts. There was a nice pool to practice skills in and the open water was amazing. Lots of nice places to scuba dive. Would definitely recommend it.

Chris O, Owner at Indepth Dive Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2018

Hi Claudette - it was awesome to have you both over for 3 months and we are so pleased that Victor and yourself enjoyed your time here with us!! Victor's Rescue, Divemaster and IDC were fantastic and I am pleased you enjoyed the dive trips you did with us.

We look forward to seeing you when you come back to Thailand.

Happy Diving!!!

Chris and The Indepth Team ....

Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

Excellent communication from the word go, took time to answer my many questions, really felt that Chris was going above and beyond for me. Had a great time getting my advanced open water. Would highly recommend Chris and the team.

Chris O, Owner at Indepth Dive Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2018

Hi Lucy,

Many thanks for your feedback, GREAT to hear your enjoyed your PADI Advanced Open Water Course and your Liveaboard to The Similan Islands!

Thank you again for the feedback and we hope to see you back next year !!

Chris, Mike and Oor

Reviewed December 26, 2017

Out Standing PADI Dive Centre and Amazing Instructors had a very good experience .Michael Taylor was my Instructor and i must say he is very good Instructor .Chris owen owns the business and he is a well reputed Instructor many people got trained from him from Pakistan and was highly recommended by my fellow divers i am glad i have done my AOWD from Indepth Dive Centre

Hi Syed,

Many thanks for your review here, apologies for the delay in replying but we are in Peak Season now. GLAD to hear your have enjoyed your diving with us here on Phuket and FANTASTIC to hear you are coming back for your Divemaster Course and PADI Instructor Course later this year.

See you soon and thanks !!

Chris, Mike and Oor

Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

I just completed my OWD with Mike...what can I say, very professional and patient instructor, really super. I was very worried at the beginning but now I can say that I had a very nice experience and after 3 days of hard work today I was rewarded with the last dive which was amazing!!! The feeling of weightlessness is something which cannot be explained by words,,,flying underwater , exploring another world....thanks again Mark and of course Chris and Indepthp school..I hope to see you guys again maybe for some nice free diving!!! Excellent!

Hi Salvo,

Thanks for the review, much appreciated and as you said it was just the beginning :) see you in two weeks for your Advanced Open Water Course !!

Chris

Reviewed November 11, 2017

We joined Indepth for a Discover Scuba Dive course which involved three dives over three different dive sites from a big boat off the islands Koh Racha Rai and Koh Racha Noi.

We organised the dive via email with their Course Director (Chris Owen) who instantly bounced back a lot of enthusiasm and excitement over what we were trying to achieve (my partner had never dived before, so we wanted to get her on the PADI Discover Scuba Diving course, and as a qualified diver I wanted to join her and the instructor from Indepth in the water). Throughout the organisation of the trip, Chris was very prompt to respond to my emails and extremely accommodating (I have a BSAC background, so he arranged one of his instructors with BSAC experience to take us on the course).

On the day, we were picked up from our hotel by taxi (arranged by Chris) and dropped off at the Indepth Dive Centre, where we met our instructor for the day (Mike). He then escorted us down to the boat we'd we diving from. I believe it is standard practice for the big dive boats in Phuket to include breakfast and lunch ( fresh from the boat's kitchen), along with all the tea/ coffee water you can drink (you don't need to worry about bringing gallons of water and snacks to keep you going!).

At this point our instructor started to take my partner through the basic theory you need to understand before your first dive. This was done at a relaxed pace, expanding on any areas she didn't understand/ wanted to know more about. Needless to say we found our instructor to be extremely knowledgable, and throughout the day he kept my partner at ease both in the preparation for the dives and in the water. At the end of the day we were met at the Dive Centre by the same taxi driver to return us back to our hotel lobby - great door to door service!

My most important take home from the day diving with Indepth is that I felt our safety was always being considered by the centre/ our instructor. This came to the fore when my partner was having some issues equalising her ears on the initial descent of the final dive. Throughout the day, our instructor had been keeping tabs on how we were feeling after each dive and explaining we only had one set of ears, so it was best not to push them to breaking point for the sake of a dive. So when my partner couldn't descend, they come to the safe conclusion it would be best to jump back on the boat and give her ears a rest. To his credit, he and I then continued with a normal dive.

Overall, I'd highly recommend diving with Indepth. They were easy to arrange the trip with, extremely knowledgable about both diving and the local area during our day with them, but above all I could see they took the safety of those under their instruction very seriously.

Chris O, General Manager at Indepth Dive Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback, and very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you both had a great day's diving with us. Safety and FUN it's what it is all about : ) Happy Diving and we hope to see you again one day!

Your Indepth Dive Team

Reviewed November 9, 2017

Absolutely amazing experience. Was so lucky to have Mike and Adam (trainee instructor) with me for AOW lessons. Mike is super patient, funny and experienced. I would love to come back for my Rescue Diver sometime soon~

Chris O, General Manager at Indepth Dive Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2017

Hi Chiara,

Many thanks for your review, we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and CONGRATULATIONS on your PADI Advanced Open Water certification! Mike and Adam enjoyed working with you and we look forward to seeing you again one day. Happy Diving ... Your Indepth Dive Team