See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 5, 2017

My experience staying here was all very nice until the end. The staff were very nice and friendly and greet you with a smile. Mama is super friendly and very hospitable. The rooms were kept simply and clean. I was concerned about the concrete flooring but it was surprising clean to walk on. I loved the bathroom's plant feature, it made you feel like you were showering outdoors. There were gecko's and a cockroach but these are minor and expected of its jungly surroundings. I would definitely stay here again though!

I asked to hire a motorbike but you won't be able to get one if you don't have a valid license so the outsourced somewhere else for you who would allow it. I got my motorbike across the road. They kept my passport for security and I highly regret doing that. When I returned my motorbike the lady who held my passport was at a wedding ceremony and didn't pick up her phone. It took me almost an hour to get my passport as we even had to go into her house and rummage for it. Mind you, I had a plane to catch so I was super stressed. I luckily made in time. Very unprofessional and highly unacceptable.

Mama's kitchen had very cheap and healthy food. I ate here most of the time because food on my main fitness strip was a slightly more expensive. So I just ate here most of the time.

Room tip: No laundry service. Motorbike or vehicle is handy.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 3, 2016 via mobile

Forest bungalows were great. Great location. Safe, clean, comfortable. From the time we arrived, they went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. I'm definitely going back,stay longer.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2016 via mobile

I'm here for 1 month. Coming to the end of my training 'holiday' now. Forest Bungalow is a perfect place to stay if you have training in mind. Rooms cleaned twice per week, Mama has been super helpful with anything I've needed. I stayed in Bungalow F7. I also spent 4 nights in the luxury apartment aswell, bigger room, small kitchen and cable TV. The bungalow has served its purpose perfectly, a/c is 100% etc.
Forest Bungalow is tucked away of a side street on the main strip so it's very quiet if you want to get away from the action on the strip. Cannot fault this place and I will be returning when I come back to train. Thank you Mama!

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2015

I stayed at a bungalow F9 near local people house. It was noisy in the evening, because children playing football behind a bungalow. Other time was really quiet. A bungalow was really nice, cable TV, fridge, air con, hot shower, free wifi too. I asked for a kettle and DVD player, she gave me with 200 baht and 500 baht deposit. A food at their restaurant is the best. I were full with only 45 thb for Thai food dish with rice. Mama really took great care of me, all staffs were really nice and friendly. They don't understand english that well (except Mama, some guys and girls at restaurant), but I didn't have any problems communicate with them.

Room tip: Just ask Mama, an owner.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Natanan
Reviewed May 7, 2015

My and my partner had the best month staying here. Down a little side-street in Chalong you will find Forest Bungalows and Mama's Restaurant, a perfect location to stay during your time training in Chalong.

Services include restaurant, motorcycle rental, airport transfers, massage, pool, laundry, free wifi, computer room, library and a tour agency.

Bungalow included wifi, fridge, cable TV, safe-box, hot shower, clothes airer and air con.

We were training at Tiger Muay Thai, a 5-10min walk from the bungalow, but other gyms such as Unit-27 are much closer. We rented a motorcycle for the month, which cost around 3000 baht (£60), and we had a few issues with the bikes, but they happily swapped them for us free of charge. There are several staff on hand all day, and service was some of the best we experienced in Thailand.

The restaurant was cheap, healthy and great value for money. They have hundreds of healthy options, protein shakes, protein dishes and also standard Western Meals such as Pizza, Burgers, etc... although you tend to pay more for these. The average Western meal would cost around 100-150baht (£2-3), whereas Thai dishes cost around 50baht (£1). The staff also let us bring our own food in occasionally, as we were regular customers. Vegetarian alternatives can be ordered, you just have to ask.

We rented the bungalow for 12000 baht (£300) for the month, which was a bargain, especially for two people. Room is cleaned twice per week, you can arrange this with your personal cleaner. Also leave them a tip when you leave, you will only have one cleaner for your room and they will do a great job in hope that you will tip. Even the smallest amount is a lot for them.

We saw several lizards/geckos and one snake while staying here. Definitely added to the 'Forest' vibe.

When I return I will be staying here again for sure!

Date of stay: April 2015