All reviews great location mama motorbike health fitness
Reviewed April 26, 2015 via mobile

This place is very well looked after. Friendly & professional staff, cozy, clean and equipped bedroom (tv, a/c, fridge). The restaurant offers a healthy menu as well as local food. Very tasty! Good value for money.

Date of stay: April 2015
Reviewed February 22, 2015 via mobile

Value for money. Forest bungalow is a non expensive hotel in which what you pay is what you get. Rooms are big very spacious. Good air condition,cable tv. Something didn't like is that when you take your key all the outlets are turned off. So yo can't live you camera or cell phone charging. Another thing didn't like is that you have to ask for house keeping. If not your room is not cleaned and towels are not changed.
Service is spectacular and is near to gyms and fighting stadiums.
I will come back in training mode. This visit was just recognition of the area.

Date of stay: February 2015
1  Thank Leo R
Reviewed November 9, 2014

Well this is the second time I have stayed here in 18 months and I love it. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are spacious, clean and well equipped. They have a TV, Hot Shower, Safe and AC. The restaurant is very good with a lot of different choices on the menu. Thai Rd Chicken and rice is my favourite and takes about 3 minutes to come out from ordering. There a lot of different people that stay here but most of them train at the local Muay Thai and other gyms in the area. The swimming pool is a nice place to relax after a heavy training session. I stayed at the end of off season and the place was very quiet. If you want to come when it is busier then come in Feb/Mar time. either way you will have a very pleasent stay.

Room tip: I like the bungalows, although the single rooms and the new boutique rooms are very nice too.
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Stayed in forest bungalows as my partner had stayed here previously and liked it. We stayed in one the new luxury rooms as were staying in Chalong for 1 month. We got a deal which included the room and rental of a scooter.

Pros: daily cleaning, large room, great location to gyms/ restaurants etc set off the main road, majority of the staff are friendly enough.

Cons: Mama did not inform us that just after a few days of arriving the swimming pool was being renovated. Mama seemed to do the deal and then disappear.
They said it would take 7-10days but 3weeks on and it's still not been finished. I found this extremely disappointing as although we came here to train we wanted somewhere to relax by in-between training and on rest days. After all this was our vacation. There was no where to sit and relax and to enjoy the weather. We payed more money than we intended too to stay here so it was very frustrating having to pay extra to use other hotels swimming pools. I would of preferred her to notify us of the renovation before we payed upfront for a month.

The restaurant is over priced in comparison to other places on the street.

Our room had a glass door into the bathroom, which is fine if your on your own but not when your travelling as a couple! Mama you need to get a blind! Also we had to buy our own mosquito prevention as because of the outdoor bathroom we had lots visiting us and got bitten often. The hot water tripped daily in our room too.

Overall you could get more for your money else where on the street. I wouldn't stay here again based on Mama not informing us about the pool.

Date of stay: May 2014
2  Thank Lowra R
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed at forest bungalows for a month as a solo traveler. The room and bathroom was clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. Not all of them speak English very well, but they really are eager to help and ensure that you enjoy your stay. The food at the restaurant is good and affordable. And Mama is an absolute sweetheart. I would recommend staying her to anybody.

Quick note, if you do stay here, you may want to consider renting a motorbike in order to see more of Phuket. Mama has really good rates for that as well.

Date of stay: December 2013