“Nice stay”

Vancouver, Canada
“Nice stay”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Hello,

two females we stayed there for 5 days it was great. The AC was good and the washroom was small with little space for our washroom supples but good enough and clean.
Mama who owns it is very sweet. They are on the ball there I got my key stolen along with iphone, watch and $100 american at kata beach I placed it in my moto which was locked but someone broke in and Mama offered to help take me to the police. Very helpful. even though the hotel key was stole I still had to pay for it $250 baht. Oh well.

Pool is really nice and the restaurant is great. I would go there again if it was short stay if you have a longer stay you can hit up cheaper hostels on the same road.

great location to work out at the muay thai gyms

The beds are wayyyyy to hard but i think all of thailand was like that. I was in pain for the week.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I love this place!! Run by "Mama" (your new thai mum) they cater for every need of the young 'farang' fighters/wanabee fighters that train at Tiger Muay Thai, Phuket Top Team, Unit 27 or others.

Mama is always there with a friendly smile and helpful information (even when you crash one of her motorbikes - charged me very fairly and was more worried about my health than that of the bike....)

Decent pool, great restaurant, social people, Live and Replay UFC - what more could you want :) :)

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Spain
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

A fantastic guesthouse. The restaurant has good Thai and Mexican food and offers you a lot of choice for great prices.
Mama takes a personal interest in her guests. She took my husband shopping to get a few items and when he rebooked for a longer stay she gave him vouchers for the restaurant. Another guest was having some health issues, and Mama took hom to the pharmacy and helped him the medication he needed.
There was some construction but all guests were given free breakfast for the inconvenience (which wasn't very inconvenient really).
We will return to Mamas and book our family here next time we go to Phuket.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I cant say enough great things about forest bungalows and 'mama's' resturaunt. 'Mama' owns the place and truly lives up to her name. Her staff are so friendly and helpful, the rooms are great, good value and mama looks after you like her own. It really does feel like home. Show mama some respect snd you will get it back in love ten fold. Great place, wonderful people.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Mamas Forest Bungalows is a excellent place to stay, a must if you are visiting the area. The restaurant is one of the best places to eat on the whole street and surrounding area. The accommodation always exceeded my expectations. But what stands out the most is the service. It was so personal, they went out of their way to make you happy. For example the air con was not working to well in my room and they had it replaced with a new unit that same day while I was out. Amazing. The rooms where clean with massive beds, cold air con, fridge, tv, room safe and DVD player. The swimming pool was a great place to relax and was always clean. Forest Bungalows was waking distance from the Muay Thai training gyms and was an absolutely warm and positive experience to stay there. Would recommend anyone to stay there. I know I will be back there next time I visit!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Deanmiddhat
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Forest Bungalows is a really decent place to stay in Chalong. The restaurant is great, serving all cuisines at very good prices. I stayed in a bungalow and found the room great. Big comfy double bed, NetSuite, tv, and fridge. Also cupboard for clothes and a portch to sit on. The rooms are very very clean, no issues at all. The staff are very friendly. There is a good swimming pool to relax in and an on site massure giving Thai massage for 200 baht. I cannot praise this place enough. really easy walking distance to all the training gyms in Chalong.

• Stayed March 2013