“Awesome!!!!”

Freedom Divers Phuket
More attraction details
Owner description: The "Bubble" Version: We are a bespoke diving operator. We offer an array of services, expertise in Scuba Diving, Digital Underwater Photography and Videography, and unique liveaboard destinations around South-East Asia. We work across a range of brand-sectors: marine biology, photography, film, food & drink, travel, accomodation and equipment. We've been doing what we do since 2006, at some of the most exciting and inspirational dive sites out there. What we love? To share our passion, to explore the Oceans , to create legacy. We cater for many Nationalities including English, French, Japanese, German, Norwegian, Swedish & Thai. The whole team look forward to welcoming you to Phuket very soon.
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Just got back from a 2-day dive trip to the Similan islands with Freedom Divers.
It was a really awesome trip. Nico was awesome, and Ania, our lovely Dive Instructor, was also awesome.

I completed my Advanced Open Water PADI certification on the trip. Ania was an excellent instructor/teacher, and becoming advanced with her was great.

I wasn't on one of Freedom Divers boats, but the boat they had us on (a South Siam Divers Boat) was excellent, the crew was great, and the food was good too.

As for the Similan Islands and the diving itself, it was spectacular, BUT, if i were to do it over, i would organize my trip in a way that ensured that i would get to go to Richelieu Rock. It is the dive trip that really puts the Similans on the map.

In hindsight, all it would have taken was me asking Nico, because he was very good about accommodating requests. Also, he recommended a bunch of other fun stuff to do in Phuket, which turned out to be really great.

There are newer reviews for Freedom Divers Phuket

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I decided to treat myself for the new year with a private charter during my recent holiday in Phuket.
Though there were numerous options to charter a boat in Phuket, there were very few that offered the luxury experience i so craved.
I found Freedom Divers' page and the rest.is an extremly present history. They were the only company i found that offered what they call a "Dive Butler" service- essentially a combination of private chartering, privatised scuba diving, and some of the best service i have ever experienced.
The vessels tjemselves are spectacular. We were lucky enough to be on an Azimut, my favourite vessel!
The whole team had a great knowledge of the area: they knew exactly what time the dive boats woulf be gone, allowing us to dive alone on the reefs- not another diver in site!
They also organised an amazing itinerary for us. We were given the option to choose our own itinerary but decided to trust the team, and they didnt disappoint.
The day ended with a glass of champagne on our own private beach, surrouded by nothong but the blue grandeur of the indian ocean.
My only regret? Its not the sort of activity i can afford to do everu day. Its expensive but worth EVERY last baht!
I cant recommend the company,boats and service enough. If you fancy a day of absolute luxury, look no further. 5 stars!!!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I took up my diving course with Freedom Divers while on vacation in Phuket, Tomo is a very experience and STRICT instructor who doesn't joke around when it comes to diving but once we are out of the water we were laughing our heads off. She has the patience as to coach anybody from 8 to 80s and doesn't believes in having short cuts to diving, I still remember clearly while doing my OW with her I was actually having some problem with my buoyancy and guess what? Yup, a good trashing when we arrived at the surface. Can you imagine being lectured by a much much younger lady, well I certainly am grateful she did that because it key into my mind and with that I'm always keeping her advise and tips.
There is something about this dive instructor is that she is a diver with a heart, I remember during one of our leisure dive around Ratchai Noi she actually pull off a fishing line around a coral whereby in a lot of my diving trips divers would just fin away pretending nothing is happening.
Tomo did more than just taught me how to dive but she also showed me how to be more aware of our underwater world and to help up keep it, she is also known as the mermaid of Freedom Divers because she knows the secret place of the biggest school of fish...

1  Thank Wayne T
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Used Freedom Divers twice now, 1st time in April to certify my 11Y old son. Can only say they are very professional and cut no corners - definitely plan to use them again in the future

Jens Rasmussen

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have been diving for over 30 years, however had only my Open Water Certificate. Over a 10 week period I completed with Nico, Tomo and Takuya all of the levels required preparing me for the PADI Instructor Exam. I also did 7 specialities with them. They are incredibly passionate about the marine environment. They are great mentors and their positive encouragement guided me from Recreational to Professional levels of diving, completing over 80 dives with them in the 10 weeks. Not only did they rekindle my passion for diving, they helped take it to a whole new level, where we will now explore the worlds diving sites and share their teaching skills in the process. I highly recommend them for ANY diving you may wish to do in Phuket.

1  Thank Cotlands