See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

The hotel itself is just as the photos show, pool is a good size for one person. Sadly the staff seem like everything is too much effort, even checking out as it takes them away from their laptop.
I stayed for one week and not once was the placed cleaned, no change of linen or towels, for the price you pay I expected more

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Naphatwong N, General Manager at Villa Sonata Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Dear Lucy S,

Thank you for staying with us and I'm sorry to know your stay is not quite enjoyable. The problem is well addressed and I shall discuss this seriously with our team to deliver the professional service for our future guests.

We have put the signage (make up room / do not disturb) in front of the villa in order to avoid misunderstanding of our staff in cleaning guest rooms in the future.

Thank you, and we do hope to welcome you to our resort again.

Naphatwong N. - General Manager

Reviewed February 22, 2018

This place is honestly so beautiful. My partner and I stayed here whilst in Phuket and would return in a heartbeat. The room, pool, staff, breakfast and service were all AMAZING! I would recommend this place to anyone coming to Phuket!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Georgia A,

Thank you for staying with us and the great compliments which I shall forward to our team. We do hope to welcome you to our resort again for your next Phuket visit.

Naphatwong N. - General Manager

Reviewed August 11, 2017

It's fabulous! It's really a great value for money!!!
Villa is new and very very clean. Inside of the villa's so pretty and the size of the private pool is good too. Smart TV and microwave in kitchenette. Bathroom is spacious too.
Staffs are so kind. Even though their English is not very good, it's not as bad as to be unable to communicate. all of them have Thai shy smile on their face all the time..
We ordered lunch by room service a few times. Food was suprisingly delicious.
The area is very quiet and there is actually nothing in walking distance. However, it's not too inconveniet 'cause we used Grab taxi and always responses came quicky from the taxi. There are Tesco Lotus, lots of nice restaurants, fabulous coffee shops and also a view point even though not walking distance. Beach is a bit too far though.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Seon_GLeeA
Naphatwong, เจ้าของธุรกิจ at Villa Sonata Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and your complimentary which is really appreciated. I will share your positive reviews with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you to our resort again.

Reviewed August 4, 2017

I make the right choice to stay at Villa Sonata Phuket for my recent trip in Phuket. Although the place is out of patong and it's located in the hideaway area which require own transport to get around but it’s still 1 of the best "Hidden Gem" Villa with Modern design which I would strongly recommend if you want peace and enjoy the companion with your partner. The private pool is just in front of the villa facing the main gate which is a bonus point to the Villa. They also provide wifi and the network is awesome during the stay. I also love the fridge as i can go to the supermarket and get all my drinks, fruits and snacks and simply enjoy it by the pool...

The room I stayed, Sonata Duplex, the bedroom is located on the 2nd level and it’s is very spacious and clean.To me the water pressure is important during my stay and Villa Sonata Phuket didn’t disappoint me on this. The toilet is spacious with separate standing shower and bathtub. During the off peak season, they even serve the breakfast and bring it to the villa for me as i don’t even have to step out to the cafe and make me realise what is Enjoying Life . There are only 2 words to describe this villa. : Simply Awesome!!!!!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank 843davisn

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your holiday in Phuket. I'm glad to know your stay is enjoyable and I will share your compliments to our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you to our resort again.

Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

A secluded villa tucked away in Chalong opened for business in Jan 2017. It would be advisable only if you rented a vehicle as there is barely any amenities in the resort and the closest mini mart is probably 3mins drive away. It is walkable but really wouldn't recommend it.

Pros
If you picked this villa, you would have expected it to be away from the crowd so no surprises there
We booked the duplex and size of the villa is relatively decent
Bathroom is of a good size, has all the necessary toiletries available.

Cons
Now... where do I start?
For the price of the villa, and for it being so new, I would expect the rates to be some sort of opening specials so that they can manage to sort out their issues while they get into the hang of things.
The management photos do give a relatively accurate description of what the place looks like, however the finishings seem to be of inferior quality.
Bed was king size, though the bed was pretty hard and the sheets were of a lower quality.
Water pressure was good on cold water, and not so great when on hot water. Plus, it seem to be the drainage gets clogged up to a certain level before it drains out.
Hordes of mini houseflies around the property, and when u're lying by the pool which makes it not very pleasant
Seen chips on the floor tiles, bathtub that was fitted in carelessly, bathroom door that looked like certain areas were painted or grouted over to cover mistakes, bins that are rusting, hand-shower head that sprouts water the wrong way, watermarks/lime buildup/starting of mould on ceiling, stains on the poolside daybed.
Units are built very close to one another, which means you would not get full privacy when u're in the villa by the pool, plus most of the walls aren't concrete but boards.
The reception was also functioned as a mini mart for emergency items but I think they do close by a certain time of the day (was back before 10pm and the reception was locked!) Think the staff starts work at 8am, if you are planning to check out earlier than that, do let them know the day ahead.
Wifi password is something you actually have to request for, its not provided on check in either.
The level of English spoken in the minimal, so don't expect answers to anything beyond the basics.
Day 2 - asked for the room to be cleaned, 2 extra pillows and instead, no extra pillows and they removed the spare blanket that I used to elevate the flat pillow they provided.

Checked out the suites, which didn't seem any much bigger than the duplex, and still no privacy by your villa pool.
Overall, it was a mediocre experience.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry to know that your stay was not so enjoyable. As the resort has just finished renovation earlier this year then some issues were not well organized/operated. I shall recheck all your suggestions in order to improve our resort facilities and services for our future guests.

We do hope to welcome you to our resort for your next Phuket visit.