“Not for everyone”

Tiger Muay Thai - Day Classes
Ranked #11 of 47 things to do in Chalong
More attraction details
Owner description: Tiger Muay Thai & MMA Training Camp started Muay Thai training camp in 2004 with a vision of bringing quality Muay Thai training to everyone. Although we started with just one ring, we now have seven boxing rings, an MMA cage, 36 workout stations and have over 40 Muay Thai trainers. We also have three incredible personal trainers devoted to various fitness specialties. They are also professional athletes. In addition, we are affiliated with Brazilian Top Team which is one of the most renowned Jui Jitsu gyms in the world.We are especially proud to have guests that return every year, including world champion trainers and fighters from WMC, Lumpinee, Rajadamnern, WBC, Bangkok TV and professional fighters from all over the world like Royce Gracie, Jon Fitch, Murilo Bustamante and Brian Ebersole just to name a few.What’s also nice is the amazing return rate of guests like yourself that make coming back to our camp an on-going tradition.Guests come here from all over the world with different fitness goals. We have won the award for the Best Gym for Foreigners two years in a row for 2010 and 2011.We have fighters who come here to improve technique and to prepare for upcoming fights, martial arts schools, vacationers, fitness fans, adventure junkies, and military personnel. At our camp getting fit is a priority. But we also know that finding time to relax and rejuvenating oneself is also important. Here you have the opportunity to explore places like Phi Phi Island, be awed by the Big Buddha, relax on the shores of one of many beautiful beaches.We are more than just a facility - it’s a place to reinvent yourself...a place to take a step out of the hustle of everyday life and figure out what’s really important.
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My goal was to lose weight and getting back in shape, which I indicated by email prior to arriving. There's not much of a welcome or clear explanation what to do when and how, you're rather left to your own devices. I paid a full month membership and felt it was a kind of a rip off in terms of my personal goals. The weight room is very small with old and rusty equipment some not even bolted to the floor. The yoga mats as the floor covering in the training areas soaked with sweat, seem not well maintained. Training can be harsh and no-one checks your medical condition (if you have one). Overall I felt the place to be a Health & Safety hazard and surprisingly so as the owner is an American...

For losing weight and getting back in shape safely and responsibly I would highly recommend Thanyapura, which has a very high professional level and state of the art equipment and facilities.

This review is of course based on my personal experience. I think the website is not exactly clear about their programs and basically for someone not participating in marshall arts and boxing, does not correctly reflect the reality.

I met people who booked through Xtremegap or who came for the same purpose as I did and were quite disappointed as well.

Maybe Tiger should stick to their initial activity... Muay Thai boxing or improve its facilities and especially show more concern and knowledge when "monitoring" participants.

8  Thank FlyingBird13_13
in 111 reviews
"fitness"
in 62 reviews

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The training and meal plans are great. Its not very clear on the website but the training packages only mean that you can attend all the classes but the one-on-one lessons only apply to Muay Thai.

I really enjoyed my stay and I'll be returning soon. I recommend the One Cozy as a great place to stay.

One criticism I'll say is that place could with bug zappers because the insects went to town on me.

All in all, the place has a great atmosphere and you'll learn.

1  Thank Rocknrollah
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I first visited tiger muay thai in 2008. I was scheduled to visit for one month and ended up staying for 9 months. I am on my fourth visit. I love this place!! Everyone here is so accommodating and the staff goes out of their way to help you with just about anything you need. I have met so many great people during my times at tiger.

I have been to many other gyms and can honestly say the training is one of the best in the world.

Joe Ray

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Love the facilities, lifestyle and most of all the friendly coaches. Roger Huerta , Professor 4th degree , Brian Ebersole from UFC. The best place to have your fight camp. Will come backagain !

See more reviews
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I came to Tiger after doing a thorough Google search. I chose Tiger over other camps due to it's diversity of programs. I have been 5 times over the course of four years. The first trip I trained 2 x daily for 7 weeks. I got in world class physical shape, then fulfilled a dream by stepping into the ring for the first time. I have used the discipline, healthly lifestyle and good diet I learned, then took those principles with me back home to the western world. I found it to be life altering, I have been living fit, healthy and better life ever since. Over the last four years I have seen Tiger undergo a huge transformation. They have upped their professionalism and brought on a world class team of instructors. They have two UFC coaches, a 4th degree bjj coach from Brazil, about 30 champion Thai boxers, Mr Thailand overseeing the weight room and a plethora of qualified fitness instructors. There is even a celebrity tv Chef, an interesting guy named Cheffy Baby running the kitchen. There's no place like it on earth. Highly recommended! The camp culture is a welcoming one. There are overweight people, UFC fighters and everything in between. No one is judgmental. Everyone is there for a common goal. I attribute the good vibe of the camp to the good people that are in place, Peter Hulk, Ocean Bloom, Yod, Nazee, Roger Huerta, Brian Ebersole, the manager Will and the Bjj/mma coach Fernando.

1  Thank Michael B