“I LOVE TIGER MUAY THAI!”

Tiger Muay Thai - Day Classes
Ranked #12 of 47 things to do in Chalong
More attraction details
Owner description: Tiger Muay Thai & MMA Training Camp started Muay Thai training camp in 2004 with a vision of bringing quality Muay Thai training to everyone. Although we started with just one ring, we now have seven boxing rings, an MMA cage, 36 workout stations and have over 40 Muay Thai trainers. We also have three incredible personal trainers devoted to various fitness specialties. They are also professional athletes. In addition, we are affiliated with Brazilian Top Team which is one of the most renowned Jui Jitsu gyms in the world.We are especially proud to have guests that return every year, including world champion trainers and fighters from WMC, Lumpinee, Rajadamnern, WBC, Bangkok TV and professional fighters from all over the world like Royce Gracie, Jon Fitch, Murilo Bustamante and Brian Ebersole just to name a few.What’s also nice is the amazing return rate of guests like yourself that make coming back to our camp an on-going tradition.Guests come here from all over the world with different fitness goals. We have won the award for the Best Gym for Foreigners two years in a row for 2010 and 2011.We have fighters who come here to improve technique and to prepare for upcoming fights, martial arts schools, vacationers, fitness fans, adventure junkies, and military personnel. At our camp getting fit is a priority. But we also know that finding time to relax and rejuvenating oneself is also important. Here you have the opportunity to explore places like Phi Phi Island, be awed by the Big Buddha, relax on the shores of one of many beautiful beaches.We are more than just a facility - it’s a place to reinvent yourself...a place to take a step out of the hustle of everyday life and figure out what’s really important.
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have to admit that many that go to Tiger Muay Thai are nomads. Traveling the world, seeing many things. But that being said it's amazing the friendships that you forge in such a short amount of time with people from all over the world. It's crazy to be in a country that speaks a totally different language and still be able to experience it, but not feel completely closed off from other people because of a language barrier. Whether you go because you want to improve fighting skills, or because you have a fitness or weight loss goal, Tiger is an incredible place to make home base and experience the beauty of Thailand. I am making all efforts to try and make it a yearly trip. I hope to go again very soon!

2  Thank MsTracyLee
in 25 reviews
"fighter"
in 34 reviews

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Tiger Muay Thai has everything a athlete or someone who wants to get in shape can get. From beginners to fighters Tiger has the most amazing gym to train at and world class coaches who take good care of their students. I spent four months at Tiger camp and it seems just like yesterday, never a boring day at the gym. After staying at camp I was in great shape and even better my mentality was solid and clear. If anyone would ask me where to go to train, get in shape, learn something new, meet the most amazing people from all over the world and eat good food I'd definitely recommend this crazy beautiful life experience. It was a dream come true to go to Tiger and now that I have done it I dream to go there again.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I first visited TMT back in 2010 as an 18yr old and had an amazing time it was the best thing I have ever done to date. Training was good the people there were very friendly and welcoming made some fantastics friends that I still see today. I returned in 2012 and again had a very good time. However I have just come back from a trip over to Phuket and was planning on training at TMT once again. I am not a fighter but thoroughly enjoy the training, however from the moment I walked in the gym this time there was a strange atmosphere it just seemed flat no one seemed too enthusiastic there were quite a few guests walking round with huge egos that didn't even want to say hello in passing. Prices have also gone up which now makes the training very expensive! Yes their packages include so many different things which seems like a good deal when you buy it but you've got to remember you're body can only do so much you wont be able to fit it all in. Its such a shame as it seems that the place has been poorly managed and they have become far too greedy! As another reviewer mentioned you just feel like a number they do not care about your welfare at all and the office staff are useless (Apart from Joey who is especially friendly and welcoming and will always try her best to help you out).

Its safe to stay I didn't stay there long, couple of days max, after doing a bit of research and talking to a few people I had met on my previous trips, I started training down in Rawai and Phuket Fit at the Training for Warriors classes.

6  Thank JAH2013
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We have already booked up to return in November.
Admittedly, the admin team are just rubbish, they forgot to arrange our airport transfer and it took them 15 minutes to write a reciept for a pair of hand wraps!
The gym bikes are falling apart, but the staff are dilligent in sanitising the mats and bags etc.
Some of the accomodation is remisent of a Turkish Prison, so i'd recommend staying offsite.
However dispite everything, our stay was one of the best experiences I've ever had.
The trainers are just sensational, absolutely 1st class, Mr Myagi, ChockChai, Songram, Chana, Em, they were all inspirational.

1  Thank BigDeeDubya