“amazing”

Tiger Muay Thai - Day Classes
Ranked #11 of 46 things to do in Chalong
More attraction details
Owner description: Tiger Muay Thai & MMA Training Camp started Muay Thai training camp in 2004 with a vision of bringing quality Muay Thai training to everyone. Although we started with just one ring, we now have seven boxing rings, an MMA cage, 36 workout stations and have over 40 Muay Thai trainers. We also have three incredible personal trainers devoted to various fitness specialties. They are also professional athletes. In addition, we are affiliated with Brazilian Top Team which is one of the most renowned Jui Jitsu gyms in the world.We are especially proud to have guests that return every year, including world champion trainers and fighters from WMC, Lumpinee, Rajadamnern, WBC, Bangkok TV and professional fighters from all over the world like Royce Gracie, Jon Fitch, Murilo Bustamante and Brian Ebersole just to name a few.What’s also nice is the amazing return rate of guests like yourself that make coming back to our camp an on-going tradition.Guests come here from all over the world with different fitness goals. We have won the award for the Best Gym for Foreigners two years in a row for 2010 and 2011.We have fighters who come here to improve technique and to prepare for upcoming fights, martial arts schools, vacationers, fitness fans, adventure junkies, and military personnel. At our camp getting fit is a priority. But we also know that finding time to relax and rejuvenating oneself is also important. Here you have the opportunity to explore places like Phi Phi Island, be awed by the Big Buddha, relax on the shores of one of many beautiful beaches.We are more than just a facility - it’s a place to reinvent yourself...a place to take a step out of the hustle of everyday life and figure out what’s really important.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

i trained at this camp for 1 month and it was amazing the staff are so friendly and happy to help with any thing the training was secound to none that i have ever had before things seemed alittle bit more expensive than other camps in the area but you could se y so many trainers and so much choice of classes to do i would with out doubt return to this camp.

1  Thank bear548

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Felt like i found a second home.... will be making it an annual trip.. i used it for much more than the muay thai, like the crossfit and yoga, and western boxing. i got the meal plan which i was happy with, but there are PLENTY of other places to eat on the strip and i probably wouldnt get the meal plan again just because i like to choose where i wanna eat each day.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I spent a week here in late March and enjoyed every moment. TMT has plenty of activities / training sessions to do, different disciplines in Muay Thai that cater for everyone and both an outdoor and indoor gym to use.
Contrary to what some of the other reviews say, the trainers are very friendly. On my 1st day, they were beckoning me over and showing me the ropes. They watch you in group sessions and correct your technique in a polite and friendly way. I made an effort chatting to these guys and joked around with them, which helps develop a bond. It was sad to leave them, even after a week.
Your development and skills progress the most from one on one sessions. I think one 1on1 session is equivalent to ten group sessions in terms of growth. The group sessions are still decent and there are very good ratios of trainers to students. I've read on other reviews that it can be a bit crowded and commercial however I did not experience that. I think I went at an ideal time in March since I missed the crowds yet still got the great weather. The afternoon sessions tend to have less people. The group training sessions are intense and have a duration of 2.5 hours. Make sure you take plenty of water and electrolytes to stay hydrated at these sessions. I didn't have water for my 1st two training sessions and that made it tough. Water did taste like wine that night though.
People of various nationalities attend the camp, which adds to the experience. You learn more about their cultures and way of life. When I went, there were people from Russia, Norway, UK, Hong Kong, America, Australia, Dubai and Canada. The majority of people come from the UK and Australia. Most people who attend are pretty fit, which is inspiring and motivational especially when you watch the intensity they train at. There are also people who aren't that fit and come to get into shape. I met one guy who said he was 120kgs the first time he came and lost 40 kgs over a period of 3 months. It is the perfect environment for improving your health and fitness - great facilities, friendly trainers, constantly surrounded by fitness enthusiasts and plenty of healthy tasty food on offer at the canteen.
TMT has plenty of other activities to do apart from Muay Thai. There is yoga and body fit which is where the majority of the females went. Some females attended Muay Thai however I would say there were only 3-4 females out of a group of 20 in the classes each time. On the flipside, there were about 20 females who went to the Body Fit and Yoga classes run by Ocean Bloom. Both those classes were good fun! Furthermore, TMT offers MMA and other martial classes throughout the day.
Meals are fairly good at the canteen. There are some gems in the menu however there are also some duds. I just found my favourites and stuck with them over the week. I would just go, try out a few meals and then decide. I don’t think the meal plan is worth it. The average meal there is about 150 bhat and it actually works out cheaper just buying your meals individually than buying the grill plan for a week. Yep, I’m a nerd at heart, I did the maths.
In terms of equipment, you’ll need 16oz gloves, 2 sets of hand wraps, a towel, mouth guard, sparring shin guards & groin guard. I didn’t need the last two & if you do muay thai spar they have shin guards on hand. If you like travelling light, you can rent all the gear or buy it from the TMT shop or the FIGHTLAB store across the road.

The only negatives I found about TMT were that:
1. It is in the middle of nowhere, since Chalong is fairly rural. It would have been nicer if it was closer to the beach or located in a better part of Phuket.
2. Group sessions do become a bit repetitive, especially if you are doing them twice a day.

The daily training schedule I will follow when I return is:
7am – 8am: Yoga
8.30am – 9.30am: Body Fit
11am – Midday: Weights
1.30pm – 2.30pm: 1on1 Muay Thai Lesson
4pm – 6.30pm: Muay Thai Group Session

Till next time.

10  Thank Subs_Paven
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Trained here for 6 months and loved it, it was my first time ever training in something like this but all the trainers made me feel so welcome, I was extremely scared on my first day as there seemed to be very few females training but after the initial first day I fell in love with the place. The head trainer in the beginners Dang (the thai version of mr miyagi), seemed very scary at first but he's really nice once you get to know him, and he just wants you to be good at it, Their all lovely (M and Nai are my favourites in the beginners), After a while we moved to the intermediate, the training becomes more about technique and less about cardio although its suggested you train outside of hours also. Again the trainers are lovely, Poot is the head trainer and lovely, and Nong is my favourite trainer out of everyone, he is small in height but he is so strong and fit and continues to win a great deal of competitions, he puts so much time and effort into you while your there and trains you the best and he's extremely loyal, he not only becomes your trainer but a great friend (love him and miss him lots), Tiger itself is nice, the onsite campus is a little basic but there is plenty of optional accommodation in the immediate area. It is positioned on a street that you'd swear was in the middle of nowhere, but you have everything on it, food is nice in Toni's, Mama's, Baan Thai and Siam. You should rent a bike (scooter) from toni, this way you can travel up and down to the beach as its not far, Patong is a drive away but if u share a taxi down and back is not too bad. The Phuket night market is great it runs at the weekend and you can find anything you need, its even good to and grab a bucket or cocktail at it, while experiencing all the lovely food. There's a seven eleven on the adjoining road from Tiger so its easily accessible and there's a large shopping center with loads of nice shops not far, it also have a large cinema and lovely dining spots (again its best to get a scooter for all this). Hope this helps and enjoy :)

2  Thank Vicki O
Reviewed March 16, 2013

a great place to learn to art of muat thai boxing beautifull surroundings great teachers,hard work but worth every moment

1  Thank bondibrummie