“Finding one's path in life”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chalong
Phuket Meditation Center
Beijing, China
“Finding one's path in life”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I'm sure people will get different results from the experience of a retreat with Tobi and Parn, but what I can say is that no matter where you stand right now in your life, you'll find two warm hearted individuals who strive themselves to help others in whatever is needed from them. Tobi's meditation guidance is clear, precise and given with the best of intentions. Parn is a lovely lady, who makes sure everything goes smoothly, and she was a fun companion to the daily yoga sessions. I really appreciated the moments we've spent together and the lessons I've learnt. Before going to Phuket I didn't know exactly why I was trying with meditating, now I know. As it's said, there's no better gift then teaching and learning the Dhamma. I can say I've been given and have received it wholeheartedly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank gtanno
Dharana-Phuket, Owner at Phuket Meditation Center, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Grace,

Well, what can we say - that's a lovely review! We are so happy you found your way here and hope to see you again soon :)
Have a great time!

With love,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My daughter and I have just been lucky enough to spend time at the Phuket Meditation Centre with Tobi and Parn. I chose this venue after reading some wonderful reviews about other peoples experiences. We were collected on time from our hotel and brought to the centre to be greeted by Parn, she greeted us with such warmth and sincerity we instantly felt relaxed and at home. The Centre is in a quiet area surrounded by beautiful trees and bird song, Our chalet was spacious, clean. air conditioned and comfortable, we were looked after in every possible way, whether it was the daily cleaning of the room, the wonderful variety of very tasty food or just made to feel very comfortable with all the amenities. Plenty of sun beds and seating around a beautify pool also a steam room and sauna. Only a few minutes walk took you to a shop. It was very peaceful and quiet, the staff were friendly and very helpful. Tobi and Parn were the perfect hosts. Parn was so helpful in every possible way, nothing was too much trouble, her kindness and consideration to our needs was so appreciated and she was always asking if there was anything else she could do. Tobi and his teachings were inspirational, he talks from the heart, it's not every day you meet someone who will make such a difference to your life. Loved the early morning meditations at various locations, what an amazing way to start the day, peace, tranquillity, meditations and knowledge, I felt so at one with the world and all its beauty.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Chrissie R
Dear Chrissie,
Thank you so much for this deeply touching review here. Both - me and Parn - are really happy that you liked it so much. You see, this is the reason for us to do this work here. Nothing better then helping people finding happiness within their heart!
Stay on the path and meditate well :)
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just the most incredible experience truly........
I've wanted to do a spurital retreat with my mum for a while and this lived up to everything we hoped and more!!
Tobi and parn are so friendly and welcoming I had a great Thai massage with parn my first experience she is very professional and I very much enjoyed it always so friendly and full of smiles nothing was to much trouble!!!
Tobi...... What can I say so incredibly grounded in life I could listen to him all day I had quite a few light bulb moments I connected totally with everything he said my life truly has been touched!!! Every body needs a Tobi in there life how lucky am I to have his wize words, with me always!!!!
Loved getting up early to do meditations with the sunrise what better way to start your day??
Yoga was brilliant our teacher really helped me move on with my practice excellent !!!
The food was great really enjoyed the Thai cuisine!!!!
All in all an amazing experience !!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tamskabella
Thanks for your lovely Review, dear Tam!
We hope to see you again sometime soon! Have a great time and keep meditating well everyday :)
Warm regards,
Shanghai, China
Reviewed March 16, 2013

After some research and emails back and forth to friends and family regarding spending a bit of money on a 14 day 15 night retreat, I did it. Thanks to the warm support and friendly nature of Parn and Tobi, along with two other wonderful guests, I eased into meditation my first week. This meditation retreat was a wonderful first step for someone like me who had never done much in the way of meditation or read any heavy literature surrounding it. As a teacher myself, I really appreciated the fact that Tobi asked you to practice on your own, as learning on your own can increase retention and understanding. Tobi never offered too much information with regards to "telling" me what to do surrounding my practice, rather gave helpful tips and advice when I ran into struggles and challenges. I really began to deepen my practice during my second week of the retreat. I so appreciate and value that I decided to do 14 days and 15 nights. It wasn't until the last day of my retreat that I realized the importance of mindfulness. Note: I would bold "I" in the previous sentence if I could. Mindfulness was missing in my life. I realized it was a major cause for my suffering.

The meals were wonderful. I actually ended up having smoothies for almost every meal during the last week of my retreat.

The resort area was clean and quiet... for the most part. There is a church across the street that likes to have jamming sessions every now and again. I used these jams in my meditation practice though and slept very well at night thanks to the "hum" of the AC.

The pool is wonderfully warm. There is a jacuzzi, but I found it a bit cold. The sauna was great. There were two when I was there, but only one was working at the time.

While I was on the retreat I received a wonderful massage from Parn. She really is gifted and a very kind person. I found her English wonderful because she was able to communicate with me and teach me the words in Thai I wanted to learn. I still use the Thai words I learned with my Thai friends when I speak to them. I also met with Dr. Gerald while I was there who is an expert in Traditional Chinese Medicine. He was very honest, kind and professional. He shared some wonderful information surrounding my health with me and I am currently using a recipe he created for me to bring harmony to my body.

There are other guests other than those on the retreat at the resort. I befriended a few, but I was pretty much alone most of the time I was there (by choice). I also befriended some of the staff at the resort and enjoyed practicing Thai with them and offering an English language lesson when I could.

Amazingly enough after my trip, and upon my return home, as I began to make positive changes in my life I was in an accident. What could have been a fatal one, turned out to be a less severe one. What was SO incredible was that I actually found my accident fascinating. I know this is going to sound totally nuts to some of you, but it was like watching a national geographic or BBC documentary, only it was real and actually happening to me. Now, the reason I'm writing about my accident isn't to say that if you go on this retreat you'll have an accident, rather to share that what you gain from this trip, this retreat, is a way to support yourself when life happens. Throughout my accident and the healing process I was mindful. Before this retreat my normal reaction to things would be to total freak out and imagine the worse. That did not happen. Instead, I acknowledged what was happening and how it was affecting my body. The crazy part is... and mind you I am an American and painkillers are handed out in my country like candy mints... I did not need any pain killers throughout my experience. Our minds are so freakin' amazing, people. Honestly, if I had insane amounts of money at my disposal and could give a gift to every member of my family and all my friends... the one gift I would want to give is a chance to learn from Tobi on this amazing retreat in Phuket (and it would have to be a 14 day/15 night journey to soak up every ounce of information and have time to practice).

I hope to continue being mindful and to keep practicing. I am just so grateful to all that's around me all the things I am able to experience and know. Nothing is permanent. Nothing is owned. Just enjoy what is there and chill. Do this retreat. If you're reading this, don't second guess yourself... just do it. Thanks! Have a wonderful day and fill it with love and kindness!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Norway-Mel
PhuketSamadhi, Inhaber at Phuket Meditation Center, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Mel,
Thank you so much for your lovely review! You had an amazing time with us and you went through a deep transformation. This makes us really happy. Thanks for sharing it.
Sydney
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was a long weekend retreat that I squeezed into my schedule following overwhelming positive feed back on Trip Advisor. I just resonate what others have said. There's a very warm welcome and hospitality every step of the way, accommodation that is comfortable and reliable, very nice vegetarian meals... but the highlight is the morning teachings, the meditation excursions and evening Q&A and the opportunity for re-connection back with self. Tobi also provides guests with one on one sessions and these are invaluable in helping you with your personal challenges. The other guests were also fabulous company. I'm coming back for my meditation tune ups. Thank you Tobi and Parn for providing the opportunity to re-connect with my meditation and with me. Matt W

Room Tip: This experience is not about a first class beachfront resort holiday. The accommodation is reliable...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank MattWSydney
Dear Matt,
We seriously look forward having you back here soon. It was a great time, a wonderful group and an unforgettable experience for us as well. Thank you for your kind words.
Best regards from Tobi and Parn
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 28, 2013

A truly rewarding and unforgettable experience. The location and surrounds were beautiful and Tobi and Parn were warm, welcoming and supportive.

Tobi is a wonderful teacher and I found his passion and outlook inspiring and humbling. At first challenging, I quickly adapted to and appreciated the quiet and relaxed approach to life and came out with a greater appreciation for the benefits of awareness and mindfulness.

It was truly a wonderful and life-changing experience and I hope to return one day.

Thank you Tobi and Parn!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Freya S
Dear Freya,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It was a very nice group and both of us, Parn and me, enjoyed your presence a lot. Remember to practice meditation - and we hope to see you back here soon.
Highlands, North Carolina
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My friend and I began our 5 country, 6-week travel journey by first flying from the U.S. to Bangkok, and then on to Phuket for a Yoga & Meditation Retreat. Our week, or so we thought, was to be 80% yoga practice with 20% meditation. It turned out to be just the opposite. For a split second we wondered how were going to make it through the week, but Tobi was intuitive to our concerns and we soon had a complete change of mindset. The first morning we got up early and went to a beautiful beach to meditate – a very powerful way to begin our week. There were several yoga sessions throughout the week, but the main emphasis was the importance of incorporating the practice of meditation into our daily lives. Tobi’s teachings were amazing and we benefited immensely from his meditation guidance. He possesses a wealth of knowledge, has a gift for teaching, and a passion for sharing his knowledge. Both Tobi and Parn are very kind and caring and Parn gives great messages! The resort itself is absolutely beautiful, surrounded by abundant native foliage. The meals served were all vegetarian and quite good. During our free time we enjoyed the pool, a welcome relief to the very warm temperatures. We adapted to and appreciated the quiet, relaxing life we were experiencing and it was sad to see our week come to an end. It was truly a wonderful life-changing experience and we hope to one day return to the beautiful island of Phuket and to the Meditation Center.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank travelover09
Both of you are lovely people. It was a great time having you here and we a re glad you like our program. You did fantastic and we are happy about your good results.
Best regards
Tobi and Parn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chalong
Kalima Resort & Spa
Cocoville Phuket
Cocoville Phuket
#1 of 54 in Chalong
Coco Retreat Phuket Resort and Spa

Been to Phuket Meditation Center? Share your experiences!