“Very Beneficial Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chalong
Phuket Meditation Center
Vancouver, Canada
“Very Beneficial Experience”
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Although I only stayed at the Phuket Meditation Center for a very short 3 nights, (meditation retreat), it was a valuable experience that gave me additional tools to use in my everyday life to improve my mind and well-being.

Note - this isn't one of those trendy retreats that will keep you busy by giving you a roster full of activities like yoga and various tutorials and sessions. Rather it's much more authentic and thus basic, borrowing from the Tibetan Buddhist tradition under which Tobi, the owner was trained. It will give you what you need if you are really interested in meditation and creating lasting inner peace and happiness.

The accommodations are comfortable and clean, and not adjacent to the center itself so daily walks to and from are necessary (which was great for me, because I love to walk). Food is simple, and lunch and dinner are brought to your room.

Tobi and Parn, who run the center are kind, extremely helpful and genuinely interested in helping you find the right way to meditation. They are clearly interested in providing what they believe is an important service, rather than profit.

Basically, Phuket Meditation Center can give you the time, space and coaching to find yourself and peace while in Thailand. For those open-minded and ready to lead a happier, healthier life, and ready to commit to whatever it takes, this is definitely the place to go.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ulara80
PhuketSamadhi, Manager at Phuket Meditation Center, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
This is an excellent review - thank you very much! You made a very valid point by saying that Phuket Meditationis the place to go "for those open-minded and ready to lead a happier, healthier life, and ready to commit to whatever it takes". This is right! It takes commitment and an open heart to learn meditation. It was an honour having you two here, studying meditation together. I always tell people that this retreat works best if you really need to do it - if you really want to change your life. I guess you did exactly that. I am so happy to see that you are still working with the tools you got here!
Best regards from Tobi and Parn

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 4, 2011

When we arrived to Phuket, I had a big need to relax, clear my mind and let go of stress and other feelings that were affecting me more than I thought.
Toby provided me with very easy-to-follow meditation techniques and Parn was wonderful at massaging. The environment is very quiet and visually not crowded, lots of positive energy that aids concentration.
Their English was very clear and their instructions and kindness encouraged us to take more and more lessons. Qi Gong exercises were great for my husband's very sore neck muscles and headaches.
I'm going home with a sense of long-lasting interior peace, and a different insight in the way I interact with others. It's clear they do their job because they enjoy it, beyond any economic retribution. They really give you a meaningful holiday!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MaxDXB
Thank you so much for your positive review. It was really nice having you come over here so many times. I hope we can soon make it to Dubai and meet you again. I really enjoyed our sessions as well and hope to continue with our work as soon as possible. I also hope the neck is better by now and the Qigong helped.
Best wishes
Tobi and Parn
hove
Reviewed December 15, 2010

Fantastic teaching and a real chance to re charge and spend some reflection time . The bungalow accomodation is first class . The center is run by lovely people who are not in this for the money but a genuine desire to teach and guide .

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank willsonak
Dear Andrew,
It was a pleasure having you as our guest! Thanks for your positive feedback and your support so far. We are really happy that our program could help you to improve your life. We look forward to meet you again in the future.
With warm regards from Tobi and Parn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chalong
The Signature Phuket Resort
Cocoville Phuket
Cocoville Phuket
#1 of 54 in Chalong
Coco Retreat Phuket Resort and Spa

Been to Phuket Meditation Center? Share your experiences!