“Live in Chalong 2 years, first time I got food poisoning!”
Review of Da Sandro Trattoria - MOVED

Da Sandro Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A family run Italian restaurant which specializes in pasta dishes with seafood and roast/stew meat dishes. The family has been making home made gelato by the name "Gelati Nature" in Phuket for 30 years, which makes our gelato a must when visiting Da Sandro.
Reviewed March 3, 2013

6 of us went to this restaurant last night, out of the 6 of us not one person said they enjoyed their food.

I got the lasange which came out cold and wasn't fresh at all. You'd think at 200baht you would get hot food at a half decent portion. Iv seen kids portions bigger and you don't even get a small side with that.

There was a few different steaks on the menu so 3 of my friends each ordered a different one at different prices to see which one was the best. The prices where between 200-400 and all the steaks looked exactly the same.
Apparently one was Aussie meat, one New Zeland meat and the other Thai meat. I'd say they where exactly the same meat.

One of the girls had the fish and she said it was crap, she had better else where for much cheaper and her portion was quite small.

The decor was crap, sitting outside basically on the side of the road. No imagination at all.

The only one thing this place had going for it was the Thai/Italian guy with fluent English. He was very friendly.

Also there was 150 baht "accidently" added to our bill.

If you want Italian food, don't bother with this place. It aimed at tourists that won't be coming back.

1  Thank Megan-Katie D

Reviewed January 24, 2013

A nothing-special place on a main road with OK food but bad service. Not good value. Yes the manager was attentive but my order was wrong when it came (wrong veggies) which did not impress. The food for two people arrived first and then fifteen minutes later food arrived for the other two. That alone puts me off ever coming back. Maybe we were just unlucky that night - might give this one another try.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have been living in Phuket for 4 years and this is my favorite place to eat. The food is excellent with a more than affordable price, excellent service and great atmosphere. It is a family run business and I always feel welcome and like I am dining with friends.

I highly recommend the squid ink pasta with fresh crab meat, the penne, broccoli and prawns and the ravioli with pumpkin and prawns is to die for..

Don't forget to try their home made gelato...

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The service is amazing the owner is a great guy and remembers his customers and their likes and dislikes, which is rare here in Thailand.

The steaks are great and excellent value for money and I personally love the lasagne

Reviewed August 28, 2012

What a superb welcome and a really tasty Italian food. Smashing grub. The ice cream is to die for. All at very good prices. The strange thing is ................. no pizza. Do not buy it from the next door!