Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Reviewed December 19, 2017
Vincenzo F
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
via mobile

All reviews tuna racha noi yellow fin delicious sashimi these guys sailfish trolling crew boat school island phuket 10kg
Reviewed October 7, 2018

We went out and it was pretty stormy- a lot of waves and rain but by noon it had cleared off and we caught some tuna in the afternoon as well as snorkeling by an island. I think this is one of those hit or miss experiences. The crew did a nice job, the weather and the fish just didn't always cooperate.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

Booked a 2 day (overnight) trip.

Been in touch with the boss via email quite some time before the trip, asked a lot of questions and (at that time) got professional, fast responses.

But when we arrived on the boat (delayed more more than an hour) we found out that the gear on boat was in poor condition and some things even completely broken.

The staff on the boat was very friendly and tried to help, but they hardly speak any English and also did not know much about fishing, except Rock fishing for small groupers.

The boat did not have sonar or fish finder (as it was actually promised by the boss up front)

That made is extremely difficult to find good fishing spots and the staff also did not know any.

After 2 days of rather unsuccessful fishing (a couple of small rockfish and a few leatherjacks, nothing else) we came back to the harbor.

The boss told us that there would be a transfer back to the city and provided us with a phone number.

We called and have been told that we should wait a bit, because the traffic was bad.

so far so good...we waited and called a couple more times...after about 1.5hours we've been told then "sorry, i won't come to pick you up".

We had then to arrange our own transfer.

After the trip i've contacted the boss and tried to discuss these issues with him.

But he basically told me "you got what you paid for." We booked a local boat, which was not as expensive as the luxurious boats this company offers.
The boss told me "that's what you can expect".

When i asked why equipment was broken or simply missing, he stopped responding to my emails and did not pick up the phone anymore.

1  Thank Andreas A
Steve A, Guest Relations Manager at Phuket Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

This review has me totally baffled. We have had no overnight charters for 8 months, none at all from China. The review is dated 3 days ago and by looking at the weather history on Windguru, it has been too rough for about 3 weeks now, even for day charters.
I definitely do pick up my phone every time as I have booking enquires daily and certainly don't want to miss out and I always respond to emails.

I and so many other professional tourism operators are often frustrated at how our services can earn so many 4 and 5 star ratings, wonderful reviews..... then suddenly a 1 star?? This doesn't make any sense at all.
This is why independent quality assessment such as the Asia Pacific Tourism Awards shines as the most reliable source for finding the best of tourism rather than review sites allowing anybody at all, perhaps never having actually attended the business, to write reviews.

Phuket Fishing Charters is without doubt the leading Fishing Charter in Phuket. I have the biggest selection of vessels chosen over the years for service vs price, reliability and in particular, my descriptions of the various boats and services are accurate as I have no need to create false expectations. I stand behind my word.

I have private charter boats starting as low as a budget 12,000 baht to luxury over 119,000 baht. I can cater for single persons and groups. Boats are available for mad, keen fishermen (fisherpersons ?), fish, fish, fish and fish. I have boats to have a great day out for a bit of fishing, island hopping, cruising, snorkeling.

***** The best boat selection,
***** Certificate of Excellence Trip Advisor with 4/5 rating
***** The only Asia Pacific Tourism Award winner in Thailand for Boat Charter

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

From start to finish, these guys are pros. From the outset, Steve made sure he knew what I was after and worked really hard to arrange the right trip. He was superbly responsive. The guys on the boats are great. They know the water and how to land a few prize fish. We caught 30+ Tuna and the sister boat landed a Sailfish. Also, they cooked the fresh catch on the boat. Superb. Highly recommended.

2  Thank nickm007
Reviewed April 11, 2018

Steve from Phuket Fishing Charters and Captain Alex are both awesome.

Though I now live in Hong Kong, I have fished the east coast of the US for many years and so I was a bit skeptical about a booking a charter without a direct referral.

Wow - did I get lucky !

True to his word, Steve matched us with a top-notch captain, the car service was on time (and the driver was friendly) and we had a great day on the water. Capt. Alex is a super teacher and he fished hard all morning and afternoon. His efforts were appreciated and rewarded as we landed several fish.

Thanks to you both. Look forward top fishing with you again very soon !

2  Thank MHK-888
Steve A, Manager at Phuket Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2018

Hi Mark
Thanks for your kind review.

I am able to match boats to my customers' preferences as over 15 years I have acquired the best services for price and the variety of boats here for fishing in Phuket. I have at times tried others but have been let down and copped complaints so what I offer is the most reliable, and at the right price.

Phuket Fishing Charters has join-on shared boats, private boat rentals from only 12,000 baht up to over 200,000 baht for a day. We have multi-day, overnight charters too.

Your rating will support me in my certification for Asia Pacific Thailand Tourism Awards keeping Phuket Fishing Charters qualified as the Award-winning best choice for fishing boat charter in Phuket.

Call again anytime, Mark, we look forward to fishing with you again soon.

Happy Thai New Year to all !!

Reviewed March 27, 2018

After a frustrating time trying to contact several companies, I called Steve at Phuket Fishing Charters. Steve was able to give me a few options and we quickly sorted out exactly what we wanted, a good boat and crew to fit our budget.
We really messed him around by changing dates twice but it was not a problem at all.

The day started well with on-time pickup, and a nice driver, straight onto the boat and heading out for such a beautiful day. The morning trolling was quiet and we only picked up 4 small tuna which we ate with lunch and for fresh bait in the afternoon. The afternoon off Racha Noi island was the highlight with a dorado and a barracuda and my wish for a sailfish came true although, not so big at about 12 kg but I am thrilled anyways. We let it go to grow for next year!
Food was good, gear and lines were tops and the boat clean and tidy.
Phuket Fishing charters has just about all of the boats, and it is nice to speak to someone with so much local knowledge. It seemed Steve knew nearly everyone on the jetty which gave me confidence we had booked with a good company.
I will recommend to others and certainly be back.

3  Thank jimgra2004
Reviewed February 20, 2018

My husband and I decided to go deep sea fishing while staying in Phuket at the end of January. We found Phuket Fishing Charters and spoke directly with Steve who was very responsive and friendly. We booked Phuket Pro with Alex as it is the fastest fishing boat in Phuket! Alex made this experience so fun for us! We caught several tuna and a trigger fish. In the afternoon we went to a secluded beach off of Racha Noi and went snorkelling while Alex prepared lunch for us. The snorkelling was amazing! The water was so clear and there were so many fish, this was a great extra touch to our fishing trip. After snorkelling we ate fresh sashimi that Alex had just prepared for us with the fish we caught...incredible! Alex, thank you so much for the amazing experience, so much fun!

3  Thank NikkiDonovan
Steve A, General Manager at Phuket Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2018

Hey there Nikki and thanks so much for your kind review and rating. Alex told me that you all got on very well and he also enjoyed his day with you.
Racha Noi is really a special spot and to get away from the mass Chinese crowds, swim in clear pristine water with all of the fish, is what Phuket was known for so many years before the crowds of cheap tour groups swarmed the closer beaches.
For Alex, ever since he came to my office several years back to ask if we could work together, I have had total confidence in his fishing knowledge and ability as well as his honesty and dedication to providing every customer, every time the best day possible within the daily conditions he must work in.
Anybody looking for an expert, professional fishing guide and a fast boat to fish the best spots, contact me and I will be happy to hook you up ( excuse the pun!) with Alex.
I have also bigger cruising boats for bigger groups, all on my website, also with highly professional Captain/ crews which I can provide.

I came to Phuket nearly 2 decades ago, I know the industry well and only refer the most consistent performers at the fairest prices.
See you next visit, Nikki!

Reviewed January 28, 2018

I sent the deposit money to my son, who lives on Phuket. The money was received, and trip was confirmed by Steve. The tipoff should have been when Steve suggested that we had an interest in using illegal drugs during our visit. When we got to Thailand and tried to confirm the reservation, Steve was full of excuses and we had no trip. This guy has no boat, no office in Thailand, (we went to his supposed office address) and little. if any integrity. He did offer to arrange another boat, for fishing another day, but vacation days are limited in number and ours were booked. A shame because I was hoping that the planned fishing day would be a high point in our time in Phuket. I felt most fortunate to have finally gotten our money back. DO NOT book with this fool!
All of the fishing boats he represents have independent websites. You can contact them and book the boat you want leaving Steve of Phuket Fishing Charters out of it. That is what I would recommend/

Steve A, General Manager at Phuket Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2018

Wow, Illegal drugs, fool??? tip off ?. To whoever is behind this slander, you have broken the defamation laws of Thailand and cyber-crime laws which attract heavy penalties. The police have been notified.
It is so clear that you have never been my customer. What are you trying to do?
To my readers..
I have over 12 years experience on the water in Phuket and after 17 years living in Chalong, Phuket, I have intimate knowledge of each and every boat and crew, many are personal friends after these years working together.
I have never publically slandered or rubbished any competitor, ever. I send business to them if I do not have enough boats.Everybody needs to make a living and endeavour to promote the wonderful recreational fishing industry here.

To use Tripadvisor in such a manner is potentially harmful to all of the hard-working people I represent, not to mention their families and staff who rely on my referrals for their livelihood. To whoever is behind this, do your business in an honest, trustworthy manner,fair pricing, refund when appropriate and offer quality service.
Do your business like I do and you will find success without the need to slander and defame.

Reviewed December 19, 2017 via mobile

We had an amazing day with the join on fishing trip! Some beers, friends, great talks and awesome weather. Unfortunately we did not catch anything by trolling. However everybody on the boat got some grouper catching them by handline on bottom fishing. The fresh cought fish was a deliciouse lunch. Also the snorkling stopover was a great refreshing and stuning. It would be great if we had the chance to spinfishing, but this is an other trip they told us

1  Thank Vincenzo F
Steve A, General Manager at Phuket Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2018

Long time...no response! Sorry I overlooked it.
Thanks and yes, this day trip is a really nice getaway from the crowds, out on the Andaman and pick up some fresh fish. If your Captain is not at all confident that the pelagics are not around, he will go for the bottom grouper and snappers. The difficult decision he must make is that the sail fish often bite after lunch as the surface cools and if he sticks with the trolling and gets sailies, he is a hero and I get rave reviews. If nothing bites, we cop the poor rating! Oh well, at least I can vouch that every day that any of my boats and crews go out, they work to get fish. This is our job! and we love our job.
See you next year.

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

First of all I’d like to say Steve who organises the trips was most helpful, he helped with everything I needed in a timely manner. I went out on wahoo 4 for some trolling the weather was fine and the boat was comfortable with lots of refreshments. The lunch onboard was also excellent. The guides and captain were good and answered any questions and tried to get us onto the fish, however as I said in the tittle fishing is fishing, sometimes you go hungry and sometimes you can feed a small village. Unfortunately we were left empty handed, however you can’t beat a good day out on the water in the sun. Would definitely recommend!

Steve A, Guest Relations Manager at Phuket Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Hi Rob
Thanks so much for your time to review Phuket Fishing Charters. Fishing is so unpredictable as just the next day, Sunday, on a private charter, my clients had a great day, eating fresh tuna for lunch and taking a dorado back to their hotel restaurant for dinner. The crew was happy to take the rest of the catch home too!
I enjoy my role in connecting the better boat options with the many different requests I get. This is how I am so different from every other as I am not "selling" my own thing, I am not pushing my own boat and I have no bias. have been in Phuket so long now, I have only the good boats relative to price and most importantly the reliable Captains and crews at a range of budgets from a join-on day at 3,900 baht that you enjoyed to luxury charters of several thousand dollars.
Your review has kept me in the top certification for the Asia Pacific Tourism Awards/Thailand, putting Phuket Fishing Charters up to the number 1 spot in Thailand....thank you and see you next time.

Reviewed July 8, 2017

My wife and I have fished many times at many places and countries. This time, we planned to have the trip with four of our teenage sons and daughters from Krabi, at first. I then found Phuket Fishing Charters in the internet and emailed them, hoping they have the charter from Krabi. Steve replied my email soon after I sent it and he explained they did not have the boat leaving from Krabi, but he gave me information, advice, and tips to get one from Krabi. So he was very kind and helpful even though he thought I would not hire his boat.

I love fishing because it connects me to nature, and nature is uncertain. So if you are like me, you know not every fishing trip produce many or big catches, and that's what fishing is about, uncertainty! Many times we got monsters, also many times we got nothing. When you always get big catches on every trip, I bet you will not get the same sensation when you get ones. So I do not judge a fishing charter based on what I catch, it is not relevant.

Go back to Steve, we finally decided to hire his boat, so we had to go from Krabi to Phuket. It cost us us extra money for the transport and time, but it turned out, it was one of the best fishing charter we have ever experienced.

We had 4 Thai crews on board, one of the crews, Eep (sorry if it's misspelled) speaks English quite well, the others do but limited. So Eep always kept close to us to communicate and checked everything we need. The other crews were also doing their job well to keep everyone safe, maintaining the equipments, cooking, cleaning, etc. Eep was very friendly, the others were bit quiet but I know, many Asian people are shy.

We got picked up at 9 AM at our hotel, went to their office first to sign for our insurance, then we were boarded at around 10 AM. We had trolling, deep sea fishing, snorkeling, and lunch in the boat served with the fish we caught - sashimi, and cooked. The meal was tasty too! We had to finished the trip earlier, at 4 PM because the whether turned to become nasty at that time. We caught some tuna and some other fish.

So, if you are looking for a good fishing charter in Phuket, I highly recommend you to book it here from Steve. And if you are looking for a big fish, I would recommend you to go to a fish market. :)

Cheers!

PhuketFishing, Public Relations Manager at Phuket Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2017

Hi Wiguna, I am very pleased to say a big thankyou for your time to review your trip with Phuket Fishing Charters. As a member of Asia Pacific Tourism Organization, APACTO, your rating has elevated us to being close to achieving our certification award with the Asia Pacific Tourism Awards.
Phuket Fishing Charters is the leading Charter company in Thailand close to this achievement.
Not to mention our recent TripAdvisor Excellence Award! 2017 is a big year for us.
These standout achievements would not be possible without the best range of fishing boats in Phuket and the best tournament-winning crews which I have carefully selected over the past 14 years.
It was unlucky to have missed the bigger fish on that day as just the day before our guests landed and released some big sail fish and a beautiful dorado. I will upload a picture shortly.
I do look forward to seeing you and your friends next time you come on a holiday and for another sensational day of fishing in Phuket with us at Phuket Fishing Charters.
Cheers and Thanks again!