Review Highlights
Dream Come True

I booked the PADI Seahorse Specialty certification course through Kiwidivers. The booking process... read more

Reviewed March 16, 2019
staceycO3068XB
via mobile
Fantastic dive company

Just returned from a dive trip to Thailand and i'm so glad this place is there. From the moment i... read more

Reviewed October 14, 2018
cbphs
Chicago, Illinois

All reviews kevin black underwater photography phi phi king cruiser padi open water course his passion racha noi day trip highly recommend this company vincent moy skills instructor equipment knowledge shop thailand
Selected filters
Reviewed April 15, 2018

My wife and did the Phi Phi island dive. We completed three dives. From beginning to end the process of diving was flawless. First we were fit for equipment, which was all well organised and in great shape. The day of diving we were picked up at our hotel and taken to the boat. The boat was a great experience with coffee, food, and friendly staff. The dive instructor Febian was knowledgable and great to be around. The dive sites were fantastic and we ran into zero through the day trip. Would highly recommend this company if you are doing any sort of diving while you are in Phuket.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Me, my partner and his mum went on a trip out to Phi Phi with this divecenter. My partner went diving with Kevin while I got to snorkle together with a smaller group. My mother in law stayed on the boat to get some sun.

Kevin is very friendly and service minded and they offered us some coffee or water while making our booking. The shop is very clean and an even bigger plus is the AC!

Like many other diving companies they rent a space on a boat together with other diving shops which makes it very crowded and it feels a bit like a big industry.

Even though it was very crowded Kevin was very good at making us, especially my partner, feel welcome and briefed him about the different dives.

I would definately use Kiwidiver again if I were to return to Karon!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed February 14, 2018

My friend and I decided to take diving lessons during our holiday in Thailand last week and we had the most amazing time doing a PADI Open Water course. Our instructor was great and took care of us the whole time, making us feel comfortable with all the equipment, helping us get in and out of the water and being very patient while we did all the exercises. For the course we went to practice in the pool and at the beach and on the third day we went to Racha Noi island with the dive boat. You should know that all the beginner courses are done at the dive spots of the Racha Noi and Racha Yai islands because the conditions are easy and there is no current in the bays. There are nice and shallow spots with good visibility, which really lets you get comfortable being underwater.
We really wanted to see the Phi Phi islands, but since they are a protected marine park, beginners are not allowed to dive there so that they do not damage the corals. Once you are certified however, you can book the trip and this is what we did. The boat ride there is around 3 hours from Phuket, but it is very enjoyable, as there are big sun decks where you can soak up the sun. The diving was beautiful - we saw a shark, Nemo fish and many colourful corals.
The dive center is very professional and quite big. They have a retail store in case you want to get your own mask or snorkel. Also a separate equipment room, 2 classrooms and showers.
We can olny recommend the school and will come back to go to the other dive sites next time we're in Phuket.

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank Polly Z
Reviewed February 2, 2018

I booked a day trip with Kiwidiver in Jan 2018 and had an awesome day. Other than the main street dive centres, Kiwidiver uses higher end equipment, as they are specialised in Technical diving. So for all courses and day trips they use Frog BCDs and APEKS regulators, which are owned by and serviced at the dive shop (and not rented).

I booked 3 fun dives at Racha Noi and Racha Yai. Meeting point is the Kiwidiver shop, where you'll be fitted in your scuba gear and from there transferred to the peer, which is a mere 5min drive from the dive center.

The dive boat was large and did not feel crowded. There is breakfast, lunch, snacks, water, tea and coffee provided.

Dive time is 50min at each site, so make sure you've set up your equipment and are ready to jump. Your instructor will tell you the boat time before starting the briefing.

Between dives you can stretch out on the sun decks and enjoy the cruise.

Don't forget to take your own towel, sun lotion, sun glasses and maybe a book if you're travelling solo. Also some cash, so you can leave a tip for the boat crew!

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Isidora D
Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

Important: save yourself some time and stop by their office instead of discussing things via email or phone. They will match you with the correct equipment and you can settle everything in under 30 minutes.

We did two day trips (Racha Yai and Phi Phi) with 5 dives in total. For each trip, we were picked up at our hotel and driven to Chalong Pier, where instructor was waiting for us. After the trip the driver dropped us off. At no point did we feel left alone or disoriented. Our instructor Divan was super professional, he did a quick recap to refresh our memory since we hadn’t been diving for over a year. The dives were great, I’d recommend doing Racha Yai first especially if you need to get used to diving again, since it’s shallow and there are only two dives in a day, which makes it less stressful. Phi Phi was great in terms of marine life - sharks, turtles and much more!

You will be spending hours on a boat so you should take a book or something to keep yourself occupied. There was food throughout the day, and an endless supply of water and coffee, and the boat staff took good care of everyone, including helping us get in and out of the water with equipment. It was a great experience and I would book again.

Date of experience: January 2018