Review Highlights
Dream Come True

I booked the PADI Seahorse Specialty certification course through Kiwidivers. The booking process... read more

Reviewed March 16, 2019
staceycO3068XB
via mobile
Fantastic dive company

Just returned from a dive trip to Thailand and i'm so glad this place is there. From the moment i... read more

Reviewed October 14, 2018
cbphs
Chicago, Illinois

All reviews kevin black underwater photography phi phi king cruiser padi open water course his passion racha noi day trip highly recommend this company vincent moy skills instructor equipment knowledge shop thailand
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

Important: save yourself some time and stop by their office instead of discussing things via email or phone. They will match you with the correct equipment and you can settle everything in under 30 minutes.

We did two day trips (Racha Yai and Phi Phi) with 5 dives in total. For each trip, we were picked up at our hotel and driven to Chalong Pier, where instructor was waiting for us. After the trip the driver dropped us off. At no point did we feel left alone or disoriented. Our instructor Divan was super professional, he did a quick recap to refresh our memory since we hadn’t been diving for over a year. The dives were great, I’d recommend doing Racha Yai first especially if you need to get used to diving again, since it’s shallow and there are only two dives in a day, which makes it less stressful. Phi Phi was great in terms of marine life - sharks, turtles and much more!

You will be spending hours on a boat so you should take a book or something to keep yourself occupied. There was food throughout the day, and an endless supply of water and coffee, and the boat staff took good care of everyone, including helping us get in and out of the water with equipment. It was a great experience and I would book again.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Dora D
Reviewed December 2, 2017

Back again for another superb month of diving With Kiwidiver. I reviewed this Dive Shop in 2011 and gave it a 5 star thumbs up - all I can say is that it has got even better! In the meantime, other friends and acquaintances have visited upon my recommendation, and I am delighted to say that they have all given me the same feedback
For North American Recreational Divers, the way diving works in Phuket is very different to the Caribbean - much bigger dive boats , and all day 3 dive excursions all leaving from Chalong Pier. You need a guide you can trust to help you keep sane on the boat and protect you and your gear from the crowds - when diving you need a team that takes you to the better spots and, again, makes the experience personal.
I would also highly recommend the beach diving at Kata which is absolutely super.
Kevin is an incredibly experienced PADI course director and in my opinion is the leading provider of Technical Dive instruction in the region, offering many new and exciting specialties - especially re-breathers! Kiwidiver is also the only Poseidon distributor in the region and has a good deal of stock of some of the best dive equipment available on the market today. I look forward to returning again soon....upon my own recommendation :)

IMPORTANT TIP IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING BOOKING In Dec-Jan:
Do so now - It's high season in Phuket - many of the boats (esp. Phi Phi) are already booked up into late December. Book your Diving as far as you can in advance to ensure you get to see all of the best dive sites!!

Date of experience: November 2017
2  Thank aquascuba
Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

I visitied phuket to dive on a liveaboard in similan. Before I go on the boat I went to kiwidiver to make a reservation for a day trip after the liveaboard. And I have to say the day trip with kiwidiver was even better than the liveaboard regarding the size of the group and enthusiastic staffs.
Divan recommended KC/SP/KDM point for me with very detailed introduction for the point. And he also accompanied me to nearby shops while I had no idea where to buy stuffs I need on the liveaboard.
About the day trip, kiwidiver offered best out of worst condition. It has been stormy for few days and the visibility dropped to 3M which was very frustrating. However, I was the only one to dive with Kiwi and there were dive masters, Kiki and Mati, and instructor Divan backing up. So even though it has been a rough dive, I felt very relaxed and secured. Mati gave me a longest and very detailed briefing and debriefing I have ever had. During the dive he kept checking my air and reminded me of deco time considering I have dove for couple of days already. Diving with kiwi was very conservative and done safely.
Divan was a very knowledgable and professional. When we did the second dive of the day, we ran into a whale shark. With Divan guiding we met the whale shark for four times as though Divan knew where the whaleshark would be. We were very lucky to run into a whale shark but I was lucky to dive with Kiwidiver. Divan also took some good pictures of marine life and me. So if you do not have a camera you still can get some nice pics. Last dive had a worst visibility but for many times Divan grabbed my fins from behind to show me some small nudibranches and fish which I enjoyed very much.
About the rental gears. You can try it on inthe office before you go on a trip so they will perfectly fit your body. Reg, bcd, fins are of top quality. They will bring it to the boat and unload it after diving. You dont need to care about the gears except for the diving time.
Overall, I would strongly recommend kiwidiver if you are diving in phuket. Their price is competitive and service is high quality. Even if you are unlucky with the diving condition you will still be able to dive safely, and if you are lucky you might also get to see a whale shark.
Special thanks to Divan, Mati and Kiki who gave me an unforgetable memory in phuket.

Date of experience: December 2017
2  Thank yeonsooy5
Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

I took my initial Open Water course with Kiwi Diver and more recently another days diving to refresh and build on what I had learned. Being a beginner diver I always felt comfortable in the water and their instructors looked after all aspects of safety and dive planning perfectly. My Open Water instructor Vincent Moy had vast diving experience and an in depth knowledge of all aspects needed to start diving, as well as all the locations we dived. His emphasis on safety and dive theory meant that once I got in the open water I was fully prepared and comfortable with the equipment and how to use it. Kiwi Diver prices are competitive and they offer a personal tailored experience. I would recommend them highly for anyone wanting to dive in Phuket.

Date of experience: May 2017
2  Thank Brett J
Reviewed January 31, 2017

During our stay in Phuket i took a PADI Open Water Diver Course. My girlfriend is allready certified but needed a one day refresher Training which was done by Vincent. His Performance as instructor and guide are outstanding. Beside perfect language skills in english, French and Thai he gained so many experience in diving, underwater photography, and at the dive spots around phuket. It was a pleasure and a great experience to dive with him. We saw so many fishes, sharks, turtles, squids....Vincent was taken photos all the time and shared them with us afterwards. We really recommend him as instructor and guide and are looking to hopefully see him again.

Date of experience: February 2017