“Value for money”

Anchor Inn
Ranked #19 of 104 Restaurants in Chalong
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Relaxed easy dining in quaint and comfortable atmosphere
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Large quantities and authentic Thai food. One of the best value for money places on the strip. Make sure you have a good appetite as the portions are huge.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I absolutely agree with ChrisC66 comment below. Although the good is great, e.g. good value for money, portions are big, food is tasty, but the service is absolutely terrible! Lady boy is the worst out of all. He literally threw the menu on the table and then brought us two (already opened) bottles of soda water, when I clearly specified we only needed one. Fair enough, I thought, we all do mistakes, and language barrier could be tough sometimes. But when I said to him I actually ordered one bottle, there was no "sorry", but rather he blamed me I wasn't clear. Anyway, I thought, $0.70 wasn't worth fighting for. After finishing our meals, I went to the counter to pay (we were a bit late to meet other friends, so I figured I speed up the process). Lady boy didn't even bother to stand up from the high chair he was sitting on near the kitchen, and have me that "what the F do you want from me" looks, so I had to wait for another waitress to come up and I could finally pay.
I only keep coming back as I live nearby, and the food is tasty.
The service needs huge improvement. Bottom line: go and enjoy the food, but don't expect basic service manners from personnel.

2  Thank AnnaMiss
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We eat here regularly because the food is great portions are generous - occasionally we'll share a meal and the prices are reasonable. Dessert is also on the menu though we can't get that far as we're full after the main meal. In particular the salads are huge and cheap.

This is a large company and cater for many of the day boats operating out of Chalong which says a lot about reliability, consistency and pricing. They will also supply takeaways.

This is also one of the few places that sell large bottles of beer served 'off the ice' so they're very cold and in coolers (condoms as they're called here).

Many reviewers comment on the service levels which can be a little frustrating at times though it's ok.

Dine upstairs, it's a little cooler!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

The food is great! Try the currys, pizzas, garlic and pepper chicken or beef with oyster sauce. Yummy. The portions are huge.
I agree, the service is normally terrible - but thats not why we keep going back. You can also get take away if the service bothers you, thats what we have often done.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Ate here a couple of times and food was always good and tasty very cheap and always busy. I had looked at reviews before we went and it was just as some had said good value and nice portions