“Perfect location for people training”
Review of Cocoville Phuket

Cocoville Phuket
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Absolutely gorgeous tropical resort in perfect spot to get to the training camps in the area. Really nicely designed grounds and rooms. The staff were very friendly and ever helpful. Great food and onsite massage was just perfect for me. Will have to bring the family back next year.

• Stayed: May 2013
There are newer reviews for Cocoville Phuket

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have spent my last three months staying at Cocoville, training at Tiger Muay Thai. Over three months of training there have been some hard days and if it was not for coco I think I really would have struggled!

The rooms are kept very clean, the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. There is nowhere better to relax than by the pool after a long day and many of the resorts on the road do not offer that opportunity.

Philip (the manager) has gone out of his way to help my friends and myself on a few occasions beyond the point that would be expected and I am very grateful for that!

My only negative could possibly be that the restaurant have got a few orders completely wrong, and although they have no hesitation in taking your food back to correct your order, you can be left waiting for a very, very, long time!

All in all, my last three months have been incredible and I could not have stayed anywhere more comfortable and well situated than Cocoville for my training holiday. I would highly recommend the resort to anyone and everyone that is coming to Thailand.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed May 6, 2013

stayed at this resort for 1 month and was very pleased it is in a great location for any training t any of the camps very easy to stumble back to after hard training.
all the facilities are clean and well maintained and i had no reason to fault them at all food served in the restraunt was good seemed to have a good variety and also a healthy menu as well.
staff was very friendly and always happy to help i would definatly return to this resort if i would be returning to tiger muai thai again i had a great month out there and a great stay enjoy your self.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have stayed at Cocoville twice now whilst training at Tiger Muay Thai. It really is the best place in the area to stay, the only one that feels like a 4 star resort. It has a very relaxed atmosphere, great swimming pools and luxury apartments. The staff are great, friendly and helpful and very hard working.
If you want to train hard at the Muay Thai gyms but also enjoy your holiday and relax there is no better place to combine the two.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Cocoville was great. The reason for staying at Cocoville was because it was near the Tiger training camp. I am not sure I would recommend it for anyone not training near by as there isn't that much to do around.
The rooms were big and very clean. The bed really comfortbale. The bathroom big. The 2 swimming pools are great and so lovely. The food at the restaurant is really good. They have a special fitness menu and a ot of salads, protein shakes, fruits but also Thai food. A lot of people from the outside used to come for lunch/dinner which is a good sign.
The only bad experience was the massage that i had. I would not recommend it. The girl didn't lnow what she was dong. The AC was cranked way up. I would go somewhere else for massages.

The staff was really friendly and helpful.

I wiuld recommend it to anyone staying arund Chalong. The pools are such a necessity as it gets really hot there.

I would definetly return there.

Room Tip: I had a deluxe room by the pool but I hear that the best room is upstairs by the second pool!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Date of stay: 13/03/13 and 16/03/13

Cocoville is a very nice compound with several bungalows among lots of vegetation and with 2 swimmingpools.

Bungalows are nice, clean and quiet. Staff is very welcoming and smiling.

I have to say it's a very nice place to relax though I don't think it's for everyone... (I stayed here because it's near the bay where the ferry is to go to Phi Phi Island)

Indeed, Cocoville is quite far from any toursist activities and there is not a lot of things nearby (I mean by foot).

In fact, most of the people I saw were staying there to work out because Cocoville is surrounded by Muai Thai camps... So the hotel is full of boys with big muscles and slender girls (some might like this ;p)

I stayed in a standard bungalow the first night and a deluxe bungalow the second night and I did prefer the standard bungalow because the bathroom was nicer.
More important, the deluxe bungalow was near a coop or something like that so very early on the morning the roosters woke me up and that, I didn't appreciate.

Be aware:
- Breakfast was not included in the price of the room so you have to pay to get one but it's not very expensive and quite good
- Wifi is available everywhere in the compound
- You can book a driver to pick you up or drop you off at the airport for 700 baht (suppose to be cheaper than if you take a cab)
- Ask for a bungalow far away from the roosters!!

Hope it helps

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Staying at Cocovile is like home from home this is my 5th stay at this paradise and believe you me Fillip and all the staff are fantastic and will help you out with any concerns or problems.
Location for my stay is perfect training at Dragon Muay Thai which I believe is the best training camp in the area for one on one and for learning the real art of Muay Thai.
Food at Cocovile was excellent with a variety of healthy options and thai food my only one concern that the rooms are getting a little dated now and need a bit of a makeover even though they are still very clean and comftable all in all I would not stay anywhere else for a relaxing time after a hard days training.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chalong
The Signature Phuket Resort
Chanalai Garden Resort
#12 of 56 in Kata Beach
The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket
Palm Garden Resort Phuket

Been to Cocoville Phuket? Share your experiences!