“Rude and cursing staff, horrible experience”

Bread O’Clock Bakery
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in Chalong
Description: Bread shop with traditional style sourdough bread, sandwiches, breakfast sets, home made spreads, and premium tea.
Reviewed December 28, 2018

My visit to Bread o'clock today was by far the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Arrived at around 12:30 pm, it was closed but a notice on the door said I could ring the bell and someone "will come to serve you".
After a min a Thai guy came down opened the door, shirtless, seemed half dreaming.

I pointed and asked if a loaf of bread was multi grain, which the staff mumbled something back, he opened a paper bag and was about to put the bread in it for me. I said, please hold on, because I wanted to take some pictures of the bread so that my girlfriend can pick what she wants.

Then shockingly, he threw the bag down, yes he THREW it down! He then went behind the cash till, start mumbling and cursing, as if I were there just to disturb him. I was utterly shocked and didn't know how to react.

Nevermind I thought, I can put those into a bag by myself. One of the loafs looks bigger than a bag so I asked the staff "can it fit?", which he grunted out a long "yessssss" with an extremely impatient voice.

At this point I was really pissed, so I raised my voice a little and asked him, "What's your problem?"

He stood there, cursed and mumbled something more.

My girlfriend wanted a "honey walnut bread", I didn't see that on the shelf. So again I asked the guy, which was a mistake.
He just stood there, ignored me, as if he didn't hear anything. So I asked again, same result, being ignored.

I was only in the bakery for about 5 mins, I felt I was unwelcomed for every second there.
Never once in my life I have experienced such horrible service.
If it wasn't for my girlfriend I would have walked away without buying anything.

Dear owner, if your staff isn't ready for such kind of ring-the-bell-i-will-come-down-serve-you service, please take that notice off your door so he can have his sleep and you won't leave the customers having bad taste in their mouth.

I will recommend everyone not to visit this place to avoid having a bad day!

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Found this shop courtesy of Aussie Divers. Aussie uses this place to get breakfast for divers on its speed boat dive trips. Pesto Chicken sandwich was good, but I preferred the egg salad. The bread was very good and familiar from a western standard.

I later visited for a quick lunch and had the tuna salad.

Made as ordered and very good.

Date of visit: May 2018