“Amazing”

Full-Day Scuba Diving Day Trip to Racha Noi
Ranked #2 of 52 Tours in Chalong
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to the world of Sea Bees Diving. With more than 23 years of experience, our dive centres in Phuket, Khao Lak, and Pak Meng welcome divers and snorkelers, beginner or experienced, to make the most of the world-renowned dive sites of Southern Thailand on either daytrips or liveaboards. Join us on our state-of-the-art fleet for fun, relaxation, small dive groups and personalised service. Adventure in good hands!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed in the JW Marriott in Mai khow area in Phuket for our 4 day honeymoon, wanting to fit so much into a short trip was not easy. we only had 1 chance for diving, after many many e-mails from David prior to our trip we were recommended to do the Super Sunday trip as value for money was the better option with 4 dives including a night dive,we checked into the hotel late and didn't have time to meet the dive staff there, we were asked for our sizes by e-mail and assured that the equipment would already be on the boat.
At 6:45 David came to meet us at the lobby with fresh towels from the hotel, the taxi was already there waiting.

It took just over an hour to get to the main office, we were greeted by their staff and taken to the boat, WOW this is not a diving boat its too luxurious for diving, polished wood everywhere, spotlessly clean throughout, hot showers and excellent food.
The diving was fantastic although the viz was not the best for that time of the year but our 1 dive we did drop straight in to see a Black tip shark :-).

There was lots of space to relax during the diving served with food all day long,

The only thing missing was the red carpet :-) we were really made to feel welcome and special.

A massive thank you to David and the whole company for making our honeymoon a great event.

We hope to see you all soon.

Cheung.

Holger S, Owner at Sea Bees Diving - Chalong, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear cheung x,
Congratulations on your nuptials and for spending a valuable honeymoon day in our company. So glad that the Super Sunday trip turned out to be the right trip for you both and that you noticed all the different parts of our service which, when brought together, make us what we are and you happy! We hope we will be able to welcome you back again and will try to get a red carpet ready for your arrival ;-)
Best wishes from Team Sea Bees

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had a group of 6 new divers complete the open water diver course over 4 days and our group has nothing but good things to say about Sea Bees, the course itself, instructors and additional staff. We liked that the course was divided by being in the pool/classroom on days 1 and 3 and being out on the boat days 2 and 4. Our instructors (Mike and Buelent, as well as Thomas for 1 boat day) were very professional, friendly and knowledgeable. They gave each diver individual attention throughout the course and dives in order to ensure we were comfortable in the water and understood what was being taught. We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and hope to return for a live aboard adventure in the near future!

1  Thank Pamela K
Holger S, Owner at Sea Bees Diving - Chalong, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear Pamela K,
Many congratulations to all of you on completing your courses and thank you for your very positive review. Having your feedback is very important because a well-conducted entry level course can make such a difference to you as divers and to the environment. The fact that you are already talking about a liveaboard safari means that the boys did their job well and you have got the dive bug! We very much look forward to having you all back with us soon ad wish you great dives in the meantime.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I dove with Sea Bees on my short break to Phuket. From the first email enquiry, through the diving day out to a farewell drink they were first class.
Staff are extremely friendly and professional. My guide was Ricardo who made me feel very safe (I'm an absolute beginner) and showed me lots of interesting stuff underwater. The boat boys took a great care of us and equipment and always had an eye on the passengers ready to help.
The boat itself (Excalibur) is great - spacious, clean and modern.
Staying at Palm Garden Resort (a gem itself!) I met a lovely couple from the US who's been coming back to Sea Bees every holiday for the last 10 years. I know why :-)
Sea Bees, thank you for a great day out and my first ever wreck dive - it was awesome!
See you soon!
D.

Holger S, Owner at Sea Bees Diving - Chalong, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Dori111,
Many thanks for your review. As you can see, whether a beginner or repeat guest for 10 years, there is more to diving than just the dive itself and we are pleased that you noticed all aspects of the service which, when added together, is what makes Sea Bees Diving. We have passed your comments onto the crew and especially Ricardo, your guide. And, as you took advantage of our dive & accommodation package, that you found the whole experience positive. We look forward to having you as a guest again and yes, definitely soon!
Team Sea Bees and Team Palm Garden Resort

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I opted for a Super Sunday day-trip, which included a night dive. I had not dived for quite a number of years, so I was a little apprehensive but excited. Prior to my arrival in Phuket, I made a lot of enquiries, and finally settled on Sea Bees as they managed to answer all my queries to my satisfaction, and promptly as well. They offered what seemed like a fair price for the services and facilities they could provide.

They put Thomas to be my dive leader, grouping me together with an elderly couple, who apparently also had not dived in a while. Unfortunately for me, the weather that day was bad, and the old lady was not a good diver, and could only go down to 12m. I had some initial re-adjustment issues, but Thomas was there to remind me of my training. Towards the end of my first dive, I was fine. The second dive was much better. I was able to just relax and enjoy the dive, even managing to take some videos with my iPhone (in an underwater casing).

Sadly, though, the weather did not improve, and we had to cut the day short after only 2 dives. Too bad as I was really looking forward to the night dive... I will not fault them for the weather, rather, I applaud their sense of safety, and willingness to call off dives in the interest of safety.

Apart from that, their logistics & equipment set-up and procedures are very well-organized, and they make sure everyone knows what's going on. The rented equipment was all clean and in good working order. I've seen (but never used) other operators whose loan equipment looked very dodgy and didn't inspire confidence in me to use. At no time was I given any cause to be concerned about anything (except the weather).

Overall, a very good experience, and I am already planning a return dive soon. Hopefully, this time, the weather will be kind and my dive buddy can go deeper than 12m.

1  Thank SingaporeStu
Holger S, Inhaber at Sea Bees Diving - Chalong, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear SingaporeStu,
Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, we cannot control the weather especially during the monsoon season but we are grateful for your understanding with respect to our decision and safety concerns. Although it had been a while since you dived, we are happy that Thomas was able to get you "in the groove" again and we also know the importance of reliable and well-maintained equipment - thank you for noticing as it does make a difference to your dives. We very much hope that on your next trip, there will be perfect weather and dive buddies and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I particularly recommend the "Super Sunday" trip to Koh Phi Phi with very beautiful dives (turtles, leo sharks, beautiful coral...).
The price may seem a little bit expensive but the top-quality service is worth it (great boat, superb food, very nice staff, clean showers, perfect equipment etc.). Special thanks to Terry for his kindness and smile!

Holger S, Owner at Sea Bees Diving - Chalong, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Sophie75010,
Thank you for your review of our Super Sunday trip. It is a unique outing and we're glad that you found that all parts of the service, frm the food to the boat made it worthwhile and a great dive day out. I have passed on your thanks onto Terry which is appreciated who is keeping a space for you on the boat for when you return.