“Very professional team. You'll be in safe hands...”

Sea Bees Diving - Chalong
Book In Advance
More Info
$149.97*
and up
Full-Day Phi Phi Islands Scuba Diving Tour from...
Ranked #3 of 54 Tours in Chalong
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to the world of Sea Bees Diving. With more than 23 years of experience, our dive centres in Phuket, Khao Lak, and Pak Meng welcome divers and snorkelers, beginner or experienced, to make the most of the world-renowned dive sites of Southern Thailand on either daytrips or liveaboards. Join us on our state-of-the-art fleet for fun, relaxation, small dive groups and personalised service. Adventure in good hands!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I opted for a Super Sunday day-trip, which included a night dive. I had not dived for quite a number of years, so I was a little apprehensive but excited. Prior to my arrival in Phuket, I made a lot of enquiries, and finally settled on Sea Bees as they managed to answer all my queries to my satisfaction, and promptly as well. They offered what seemed like a fair price for the services and facilities they could provide.

They put Thomas to be my dive leader, grouping me together with an elderly couple, who apparently also had not dived in a while. Unfortunately for me, the weather that day was bad, and the old lady was not a good diver, and could only go down to 12m. I had some initial re-adjustment issues, but Thomas was there to remind me of my training. Towards the end of my first dive, I was fine. The second dive was much better. I was able to just relax and enjoy the dive, even managing to take some videos with my iPhone (in an underwater casing).

Sadly, though, the weather did not improve, and we had to cut the day short after only 2 dives. Too bad as I was really looking forward to the night dive... I will not fault them for the weather, rather, I applaud their sense of safety, and willingness to call off dives in the interest of safety.

Apart from that, their logistics & equipment set-up and procedures are very well-organized, and they make sure everyone knows what's going on. The rented equipment was all clean and in good working order. I've seen (but never used) other operators whose loan equipment looked very dodgy and didn't inspire confidence in me to use. At no time was I given any cause to be concerned about anything (except the weather).

Overall, a very good experience, and I am already planning a return dive soon. Hopefully, this time, the weather will be kind and my dive buddy can go deeper than 12m.

1  Thank SingaporeStu
Holger S, Inhaber at Sea Bees Diving - Chalong, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear SingaporeStu,
Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, we cannot control the weather especially during the monsoon season but we are grateful for your understanding with respect to our decision and safety concerns. Although it had been a while since you dived, we are happy that Thomas was able to get you "in the groove" again and we also know the importance of reliable and well-maintained equipment - thank you for noticing as it does make a difference to your dives. We very much hope that on your next trip, there will be perfect weather and dive buddies and look forward to seeing you again soon.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"experienced divers"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I particularly recommend the "Super Sunday" trip to Koh Phi Phi with very beautiful dives (turtles, leo sharks, beautiful coral...).
The price may seem a little bit expensive but the top-quality service is worth it (great boat, superb food, very nice staff, clean showers, perfect equipment etc.). Special thanks to Terry for his kindness and smile!

Holger S, Owner at Sea Bees Diving - Chalong, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Sophie75010,
Thank you for your review of our Super Sunday trip. It is a unique outing and we're glad that you found that all parts of the service, frm the food to the boat made it worthwhile and a great dive day out. I have passed on your thanks onto Terry which is appreciated who is keeping a space for you on the boat for when you return.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I found Sea Bees just by reading their reviews on tripadvisor, and rest assured, they were all true! My friend and I spent two days diving with Sea Bees -- 2 dives the first day 4 dives on "Super Sunday". The guys ran a super efficient and well organized operation. We rented half of our kit which took all of 5 mins to organize with them. Then we were off to th boat which has to have been the nicest dive boat Ive ever been on. Included with their dive packages, breakfast and lunch were served -- with dinner on the longer day -- and the food was great. Our kit was top notch, the boat super organized and the groups well split up so that we didn't end up seeing each other under water. Ricardo, our dive instructor on Super Sunday was fantastik. Not only did he do really thorough briefings and tell horrific stories of past dive adventures -- he suprised us by doing up our tanks before each dive.

I also usually get really sea sick but this time, I had no issues at all and not simpy because the sea was so flat, it was that the boat was open and really stable and we could go up to the upper decks to get loats of fresh air.

We had one mishap on our last dive -- the night dive. My friend and I both rented torches as this was our first night dive. After having been told what to expect and having Ricardo really keep an eye on us to make sure we adjusted ok, both of our torches died. To Ricardo's credit, he quickly gave a spare torch to my friend and then pulled me close and kept me with him for the duration. What could have been really dissapointing and scary was smoothely resolved. Later, when we told the guys in the office what happened, the torches were removed from our bill. That to me says a lot about what kind of company they are.

I would absolutely dive with Sea Bees again and would recommend them highly.

2  Thank Amandizzle
Holger S, Owner at Sea Bees Diving - Chalong, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Amandizzle,
Thank you for your kind review and that the reviews accurate from your own experience.  We very much appreciate you noticing the various parts of our service including the equipment, boat, food and your dive guide, Ricardo. We do try our best but also know that occasionally things are not always perfect but are pleased that we could make up for the mishap. We very much hope you do "absolutely dive" with us again and look forward to it.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Been diving with Sea Bees twice a year (10-15 dives per session) for several years, and whilst I’m familiar with most dive sites out of Chalong I continue to get the wonderful experience that Sea Bees organization offers. Having tried in the past other dive companies there seems nothing to compare with the overall experience the Guys at Chalong offer. Introducing a colleague this trip also provided a winning experience for him. I will continue to join Sea Bees and may take a change with Sea Bees with additional week at Khaolak.
Special mention for the dive boat crew, boat boys and catering staff. Wonderful and helpful.

1  Thank davidball_13

Dear davidball_13,
We very much appreciate your review. More than anything, the fact that you have been a regular diver with us and that you have found the overall experience still consistent. Thank you for bringing along your colleague - another convert! We have passed your thanks onto the mentioned staff and are looking forward to your next visit and let Khao Lak know you're heading their way.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have just finished an Open Water dive course with Sea Bees Diving in Phuket.
I went to Sea Bees because some very demanding friends of mine spoke so highly about a holiday experience they had with Sea Bees some 3 years ago . My choice was completely vindicated . The company proved to be efficient in every detail and the quality of instruction excellent .Our instructor was bi-lingual ,relaxed and very experienced , in fact just what you want for an adventure of this kind. In addition “Blackey “ was a really cool guy.The equipment supplied was new , top of the range and all fitted perfectly. As a bonus , the sites we visited for our training were highly desirable dive locations introducing us to the delights of the underwater world and many of the creatures we have only seen in the aquarium .
I understand their dive boats run daily and you can hire equipment on a daily basis . We will be using them again !

2  Thank peter D

Dear Peter D,
Thank you very much for your kind review and congratulations on passing your course. We are pleased that your choice was vindicated after your friends' experience and that you found all parts of our service to your liking from the instructor to the equipment. We will pass on Blackey's "coolness" to him! So, when you decide that you will be using us again and we hope it is soon, we look forward to welcoming you onboard and giving you free dive equipment every time you dive with us!