All reviews weight loss ice baths life changing aqua aerobics life style morning walk energy levels healthier lifestyle healthy eating kick start every single meal blood sugar long term spent weeks great fitness yo yo short period of time
Reviewed September 26, 2017

My wife and I returned to the Paleo Wellness Retreat in June 2017 some 2 years after our first visit. The good news, we were both lighter than the last time we arrived! I won't go into the detail of the programs or the visit, you can read my previous review for that because nothing much had changed, it was still all great. The only thing that we added was a game of golf at the nearby Phuket Country Club for which the PWR crew organised transfers. The addition of the golf really helped break up the stay and it is something we would do 2-3 times on our next visit as it is a great way to get a walk in. It might also encourage a few more husbands to attend PWR with their significant others, the PWR experience is a good one to share as it sets you up well for when you return home if both of you are trying to stick to a healthier lifestyle. Again the crew were amazing and couldn't be more helpful and supportive. We again lost weight and again are maintaining a healthier life style now that we are back home. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

What more can be said of this retreat that hasn't been said before? Words are not enough to describe the feeling this retreat evokes in me.... Coming back to PWR feels like coming home ...
I returned here after a year. In my previous review, I stated with conviction, that I knew I would be back... and I did... this time for 3 weeks. I learned so much here last time and solidified many new habits and skills but I knew I needed some 'fine tuning', nurturing, more knowledge and to 'reboot' my health journey.
One year post PWR, I was proud of myself for adopting many wonderful practices in my everyday life that have stayed with me and benefited my health and well-being greatly.
I feel privileged that I found this place that has literally changed my life .
Everyone has their own journey in life and faces day to day challenges. Sometimes we are so overwhelmed with information we read , hear etc that we feel confused. PWR's founder and owner Danny and her highly experienced practitioners and staff are bursting with knowledge and know-how to make us be the best versions of ourselves we could possibly be... it's a leap of faith but well worth it.
Coming to PWR is a gift I give to myself. I feel strong, grounded, healthy, and very grateful .
Congratulations and thanks to Danny for your vision and creation of this place of healing on many levels .
I will be back.....

Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2017

What can I say? This health retreat has it all. Delicious food, attentive staff, a grounded, sane philosophy and excellent fitness coaches. This is no bootcamp, there is a well thought out schedule that keeps you busy, gets you fit but allows for personal preferences and chill out time. Mindset and lifestyle choices as well as fitness and nutrition are all as important as each other at this health spa, I learnt so much but mostly I just had a great time. The results I achieved here speak for themselves, I look and feel 100% better. I will be going back again next year. I stayed in the pool room, it is large, stylishly decorated and very comfortable, I enjoyed the baths with magnesium salts, scented oil burners and candles. This place is amazing, thank you Danielle , Gypsa and all the staff

Room Tip: The pool room is lovely
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2017

So you say you desire a holiday on a beautiful tropical island with gorgeous beaches, friendly locals, great food and an incredible exchange rate? You want plenty of great beaches, all kinds of adventure, all levels of shopping, some of the best masseuses on the planet and fun fun fun? What if you could do that AND rejuvenate your mind, spirit and body? How would you feel returning home more healthy and happy and equipped with the tools to maintain this new you? If you are intrigued, the Paleo Wellness Retreat is just that kind of Fantasy Island.

Looking to take a break from it all, I booked a short stay ready to add Thailand to my passport. I had heard so many charming things about Phuket, and the promise of a different type of holiday truly spoke to me this season. Usually I come back from holiday bloated and exhausted from the experience promising myself that next time will be different. So often we get stuck doing the same old thing but in different places. This time was different though. I took the plunge, and the whole experience was so wonderful that I extended to 2 months.

The Retreat itself is a large but quaint mansion sitting high on a tranquil mountain overlooking much of the island and the many clean beaches. The beautiful Burmese staff is stellar and attends to every detail, the food is amazingly delish, and the activities are engaging, informative, and fun. Most of the happenings are in a group setting with other guests from all over the world, but there is plenty of leeway for alone time when desired. But the really great thing about this Retreat is the connections made with staff and guests I have created that I never expected, friendships that will last a lifetime.

I found the island and the locals very inviting and tolerant of Westerners. The main economy is tourism here, so the whole are is tourist friendly. There are so many beaches here, elephant sanctuaries, Muay Thai fighting, Temples, shops, world class restaurants, shopping, adventure tours, speedboats to small islands out in the sea, really anything you could imagine. There are money exchange booths all over the island, and the rates were very consistent from place to place throughout my 2 month stay. There is also western style stores where you will find all the daily things you sometime can't in some parts of the world. The island does everything right here for the traveler.

All in all, I give this trip and the Retreat 5 stars. It is easily one of my top 3 trips. I came for a little break from the day to day, and I left a new man. I mean that literally. I learned so much from the owner and staff, and I had so much fun and adventure, that I can truly say I am a different person than when I arrived. And guess what? I actually lost weight on this trip and came home more fit and mindful. Imagine that? Oh, ask for the bacon zoodle. So. Damn. Perfect.

Room Tip: I recommend the Orchid Room on the 2nd floor overlooking the p salt water pool with 2 full walls of windows.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
daniellemarten, Owner at Paleo Wellness Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Wow! Bruce this review is amazing :-) you were such a hungry guest. Hungry for info, experience, health, change and transformation. The growth you undertook demonstrated serious work on your behalf and all the benefits and outcomes are truly due to your attitude and effort. We each learnt a bunch of good stuff from you, I particularly enjoyed your humour, thank you. We hope your journey herewith is full of love health and happiness, look forward to seeing you again soon! Best from all of us at paleo wellness retreat.

Reviewed September 18, 2017

My fiancé and I stayed 2 weeks at the Paleo Wellness Retreat in Phuket, Thailand in February 2017 and the only regret we had was that we didn't stay longer! The next time we're there (and there will be a next time!) we hope to stay for 3 weeks. The owner, Danielle Martin, was very involved in the day to day operations and made sure that we had everything we could possibly need! The staff were kind and helpful and it was so interesting to get to know the other guests, who came from all over the world! We had no idea that fresh, healthy food could be so incredibly tasty and well presented....and they demonstrate just how easy it is to prepare! We highly recommend the Paleo Wellness Retreat as an amazing vacation retreat with the added bonus of re-setting your health and wellness and educating you on how easy it is to continue after you go home!

Room Tip: No need to over pack! They do laundry every day so you really only need 3-4 days worth of clothes at the most!
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple

Hello Dianne, Thank you for your lovely review of our health retreat. We all enjoyed your stay and it was very special to be part of your growing union! You guys were a delight to work with, please join us again very soon! Sending lots of inspiration to you guys. In health, Danielle and team paleo.