All reviews weight loss ice baths life changing aqua aerobics life style morning walk energy levels healthier lifestyle healthy eating kick start every single meal blood sugar long term spent weeks great fitness yo yo short period of time
Reviewed September 5, 2017

This is my third visit to this wellness retreat, and I’m already planning my next trip there. I love it. There were other people there who had been before, some go for weight loss, some for rejuvenation or or detox. I guess I go for a re-set from my hectic life at home, I particularly liked the new meditations they had this time and the educational seminars, they focused on nutrition, mindset, and learning different techniques to help with focus, achieving goals and clarity. It is the perfect healthy holiday, great food (paleo style - and if you don’t know what that means it is very similar to a mediterranean diet), the staff there are gorgeous people – really! Everyone is invested in helping you achieve your goals, whatever they are. There are plenty of activities on the schedule, there is no pressure to attend the fitness classes but I like to do 1-2 each day, Brandon’s mobility class was awesome. After 2 weeks I left feeling focused, energized and I have renewed energy to direct my business and make some lifestyle changes. I take so much with me from this retreat and cant wait til I’m back there in October

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
daniellemarten, Owner at Paleo Wellness Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Hello skwa57, Thanks so much for the lovely review. We love that you join us at the retreat each time with such a sense of trust to guide you on your rejuvenation and re-boot journey. Its so important to keep balance in our lives, between work, rest, exercise and play. We all work very hard, but if we are not enjoying our lives and what we are working for its time to take time to stop, reassess and realign our values and energy for the future.
You really embrace every thing we have on offer and its a joy for us to share our program and ourselves with you. Cant wait to see you next time. Best from Danielle and our paleo team.

Reviewed August 30, 2017

The hardest thing to do is try to explain how wonderful PWR is. It is truly something that a person would have to experience to appreciate.This retreat was a life changing place.
First, I have read every review before going to try to get a glimpse of what I was getting myself into. I found that just about everything that was constructive in feedback is being implemented. Daniel does well with listening to the needs of her clients! I had emailed Danielle what seemed to be a million times before going. I thought that she would have been sick of me and my gazillion question, but yet she was so kind and gentle! The staff is phenomenal! Every person went far above and beyond to make sure each guest was happy.
The food at the retreat was amazing! I loved all the cooking demos. In fact, I spent a lot of time in the kitchen trying to learn how to make most of the meals myself. I highly recommend doing this so that when you return home, you know what to do.
The walks in the morning were fantastic! It was great that they changed the locations daily to add variety. I loved Muay Thai with Shark, and the meetings were very informative. The meetings helped with dealing with the mindset, which to me is more important than just trying to lose weight.
Although they offered plenty of sightseeing trips, there was still enough time for down time for people like me that needed a little quiet time.
If you are in need of a real lifestyle change, please don't hesitate to go! Believe me when I say you will be happy with your decision. It's one of the best investments I could have made. I made a lifestyle change that I can keep up with, met wonderful people, and was pampered by the top staff in Phuket. PWR is a game changer and comes highly recommended. I most certainly will be returning!

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo

Wow, you have written such a thoughtful, positive, and heartfelt review. Thank you so much for sharing your experience here, it means alot to me and our staff, we enjoyed working with you so much and all of us felt like we had made a very close connection with you. We congratulate you on making your health and lifestyle choices a priority and I am so happy to hear you are continuing all your great work. We would love to see you again back here at our retreat or just if you are in the neighbourhood. Take great care of yourself, love from Danielle and the paleo wellness retreat staff.

Reviewed August 26, 2017

My curiosity to try a 'paleo lifestyle' got me to spend the most fabulous 7-8 days in Phuket this month. It was the best solo time off I'd had in years. Danielle Marten and her awesome staff made sure I was well looked after answering every query with politeness and a smile. It was more like 'home' with few guests which made the whole experience inclusive and warm.
The focus was on understanding and adopting a 'paleo lifestyle' and how fitness, nutrition and healing (both physical and emotional) played a role in each of these. The day would start with a refreshing morning walk along the beach or a lake (the villa folks drive you up there and get you back in time); the amazingly delicious food (yummmeeee!!) and many activities through the day (aqua aerobics; steam and sauna; mobility training; talk on nutrition (Craig) and mental detox (Clay); singing bowl meditation; cooking demos) that kept you occupied. The highlight of the stay were the 'ice baths'. Of course I shuddered just thinking about it but braced myself to immerse in one (for a whole 20 minutes) which to my surprise turned out to be an awesome experience. I shivered like crazy for the first 10 minutes and was told that shivering actually helps in the fat/weight loss.
While I had the most relaxing and happy time of my life in those 7 days, they were clearly not enough. If you want to see true change it's best to commit to at least 2-3 weeks. I for one am definitely returning next year.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo

Hello Binny, Thanks a lot for this great review. Yes we love the intimate atmosphere at our retreat, we have a unique, personal experience with each of our guests. I am so happy to hear we felt like home to you, this is really our goal, and of course giving you the opportunity to experience a paleo lifestyle and some great changes in your energy, weight loss and health. Its amazing how apprehensive some guests are about the ice baths, and how most people (myself included) really come to love them. We cannot wait to see you again, we have new recipes, new experiences and some great speakers to share with you next time. Best of health to you always, and hello from the paleo team.

Reviewed August 25, 2017

Well, my second visit to PWR is almost over and I'm sorry to leave but I know I'll be back. If you are considering a visit here, don't think twice, just sign up and make your way to Phuket to meet the AMAZING Danielle and her equally AMAZING staff, and find your way back to health, or to even better health, or weight loss, rest and "reset" or all of the above!!!! The food is scrumptious, the retreat is pampering and comfortable, and set in an idyllic neighborhood with plenty of fresh air, palm trees, and flowers. Aaaaahhhhh
The supporting staff that visit the retreat will bring your knowledge of so many things (fitness, nutrition, spiritual and mental health, and on and on) to new levels in fun, relaxed, settings among great people. (Thank you Clay and Craig especially!) All of them are tops in their fields and will answer your questions and give you personal attention. You WILL achieve your health goals or at least get well on that road. Stay as long as you can, but even a week would be a great re-set for your health and happiness.

Room Tip: There is no bad room here! All are lovely! Several have bathtubs.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo

Thank you Jody for your very special review. We love hosting our returning guests because there is already such a trusting alliance between us we can get straight to moving forward with your goals. You bring so much knowledge and experience to us that we have learned so much from you on each of your visits. Thank you very much for the suggestions you offer us on how to make our retreat even more special for our guests. They are nuggets of gold. I am really excited that you have the breakthroughs that you do when you are with us, your positive energy and commitment are a real gift to yourself and those around you. Cannot wait to see you again! With love from our staff and myself, take great care and enjoy everything life has to offer you, Danielle and the Paleo team.

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

Well what can I say about this Paleo wellness retreat.one word AMAZING.life changing place. I honestly can not say enough about this place and the staff and the owner. It's just truly life changing. I came here with a dubious mindset at 116 kg and 52 year old male that was pre diabetic with sore joints, sore everything really. Totally unhealthy in all aspects when I landed here. Now after 3 weeks it's my last day here and I've lost nearly 10 kilos and feel the best I have in 10 years and I am very sad that I must leave this place and the wonderful people that run and work in this place. These are people that care about everything they do and care deeply about changing lives for the better.they don't just phone it in as a lot of places do. Everything is controlled and personalised for you the individual. I went from sedentary lifestyle to a dynamic new me who's looking forward to training and eating clean for my future. I'm now jumping out of bed without pain and walking an average of 7-8 km a day with no pain at all anymore. All it takes is a commitment of just 3 days to start to feel the huge difference that sugar and bad carbs have on your body and mind. There are days that specialist nutritionists like craig (who is a great person again who cares about people deeply)
And yoga specialists, thai boxing coaches for those that want a super workout and gentler fat burning exercises that anyone can do.there are way to many people to thank but especially the staff and Danielle who is great to talk to and to hear her stories on how this place has changed her life. No robots here just to make money. Do yourself a favour and just do it.try to commit to a minimum of 2 weeks if possible to change habits. One thing I forgot to mention is the food. You definitely don't go hungry and the food is first class organic ethically sourced highest quality food. My favourite is the steak and the chicken, actually everything was great. Just do yourself and your body and mind the favour it needs. You will thank yourself after you have done it.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple

Mike! You are just awesome, thank you so much for taking the time to talk about so many facets of our retreat. We loved having you and your wife with us, it was amazing to see how quickly you responded to this new health program. Your results were great and it really was a pleasure to share this time with you. Even more importantly I am pleased to hear your health improvements and weight loss has continued since you returned home. This is really what is important. Congratulations on sticking to the changes you made! We would love to see you both again any time, don't be a stranger. Big hugs from me and our very special Paleo team.