All reviews weight loss ice baths life changing aqua aerobics life style morning walk energy levels healthier lifestyle healthy eating kick start every single meal blood sugar long term spent weeks great fitness yo yo short period of time
Reviewed August 25, 2017

Well, my second visit to PWR is almost over and I'm sorry to leave but I know I'll be back. If you are considering a visit here, don't think twice, just sign up and make your way to Phuket to meet the AMAZING Danielle and her equally AMAZING staff, and find your way back to health, or to even better health, or weight loss, rest and "reset" or all of the above!!!! The food is scrumptious, the retreat is pampering and comfortable, and set in an idyllic neighborhood with plenty of fresh air, palm trees, and flowers. Aaaaahhhhh
The supporting staff that visit the retreat will bring your knowledge of so many things (fitness, nutrition, spiritual and mental health, and on and on) to new levels in fun, relaxed, settings among great people. (Thank you Clay and Craig especially!) All of them are tops in their fields and will answer your questions and give you personal attention. You WILL achieve your health goals or at least get well on that road. Stay as long as you can, but even a week would be a great re-set for your health and happiness.

Room Tip: There is no bad room here! All are lovely! Several have bathtubs.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
daniellemarten, Owner at Paleo Wellness Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Thank you Jody for your very special review. We love hosting our returning guests because there is already such a trusting alliance between us we can get straight to moving forward with your goals. You bring so much knowledge and experience to us that we have learned so much from you on each of your visits. Thank you very much for the suggestions you offer us on how to make our retreat even more special for our guests. They are nuggets of gold. I am really excited that you have the breakthroughs that you do when you are with us, your positive energy and commitment are a real gift to yourself and those around you. Cannot wait to see you again! With love from our staff and myself, take great care and enjoy everything life has to offer you, Danielle and the Paleo team.

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

Well what can I say about this Paleo wellness retreat.one word AMAZING.life changing place. I honestly can not say enough about this place and the staff and the owner. It's just truly life changing. I came here with a dubious mindset at 116 kg and 52 year old male that was pre diabetic with sore joints, sore everything really. Totally unhealthy in all aspects when I landed here. Now after 3 weeks it's my last day here and I've lost nearly 10 kilos and feel the best I have in 10 years and I am very sad that I must leave this place and the wonderful people that run and work in this place. These are people that care about everything they do and care deeply about changing lives for the better.they don't just phone it in as a lot of places do. Everything is controlled and personalised for you the individual. I went from sedentary lifestyle to a dynamic new me who's looking forward to training and eating clean for my future. I'm now jumping out of bed without pain and walking an average of 7-8 km a day with no pain at all anymore. All it takes is a commitment of just 3 days to start to feel the huge difference that sugar and bad carbs have on your body and mind. There are days that specialist nutritionists like craig (who is a great person again who cares about people deeply)
And yoga specialists, thai boxing coaches for those that want a super workout and gentler fat burning exercises that anyone can do.there are way to many people to thank but especially the staff and Danielle who is great to talk to and to hear her stories on how this place has changed her life. No robots here just to make money. Do yourself a favour and just do it.try to commit to a minimum of 2 weeks if possible to change habits. One thing I forgot to mention is the food. You definitely don't go hungry and the food is first class organic ethically sourced highest quality food. My favourite is the steak and the chicken, actually everything was great. Just do yourself and your body and mind the favour it needs. You will thank yourself after you have done it.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple

Mike! You are just awesome, thank you so much for taking the time to talk about so many facets of our retreat. We loved having you and your wife with us, it was amazing to see how quickly you responded to this new health program. Your results were great and it really was a pleasure to share this time with you. Even more importantly I am pleased to hear your health improvements and weight loss has continued since you returned home. This is really what is important. Congratulations on sticking to the changes you made! We would love to see you both again any time, don't be a stranger. Big hugs from me and our very special Paleo team.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

I was part of a couple with fifi o for six days and fifi persuaded me to extend my stay a further twelve days, so glad I did. The management and all of the staff have one thing in mind through the duration of your stay, that is you and your requirements to achieve your goal. The retreat and its staff have provided a template for me to succeed in my aim to reshape my body and live a healthier lifestyle for a longer life. I think my wife has covered all points in her review and I echo all of her words and thoughts.

Room Tip: All rooms are fabulous but I loved the seaview room even though at 6.2inches i had to stand on tip toes to see the sea.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Graham S

Thank you Graham for this review, it really means alot to me and all our staff to get this positive feedback. We really want the best for all our guests, while they are on retreat with us and importantly once they return home. You had a great attitude and were so charming and lovely to work with - and not without a challenge here and there! Thank you so much for your open mind and the many gifts you offered us. See you again soon! Best of everything to you and Fifi, from Danielle and the Paleo team.

Reviewed July 7, 2017

We are delighted that we found this wonderful retreat! A very comprehensive program is provided and executed exceptionally well. Sincere and heartfelt thanks to each and every member of staff who contributed to our experience. The 'wellness' goal is approached from every aspect and is well thought out, and, researched. The food provided is delicious and the staff are more than happy to accommodate any personal preferences within the diet. The exercise options are carried out by experienced and qualified instructors. Our daily walks were varied to a number of different locations all of which were enjoyable. Wonderful information and support is provided by Danielle and Craig. Craig is a sport scientist and nutritionist who is passionate about his subject. We were also lucky to have the benefit of a guest speaker, Scott Stevenson with an insight into the mindset aspect of choosing a healthier way of life. The location is in a calm and relaxing setting, and, a home away from home environment. We shared the experience with lovely guests and it made for an enjoyable time. In essence, the Paleo Wellness Retreat offers, at a minimum, a relaxing and enjoyable opportunity to destress, detox and rejuvenate. It also provides the optimum opportunity to re-educate yourself about healthy living and change direction to a healthier way of life. Every tool necessary is made available to attain this goal. I have no doubt that each and every visitor will benefit in many ways from a visit

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fifi O
Reviewed June 1, 2017

I would like to tell you about my personal experience going to this retreat.

It might be long so I apologize in advance. The good news is that I lost 6 Kg at the place in just 10 days and I added another 9 Kg back home and it is all because of this great place and the people.

I was at a point in my life that I needed a big change. I am overweight, over stressed and just needed an escape. I went online and started to search for "Weight Loss retreats" and this place came up. I am not sure if by them changing the name this will help them as many of us who are desperate search the net for weight loss and not wellness. Anyways, this is their decision.

I looked at many places online and most of them are heavily focused around working out. I am a 45 year old man and still believe I am 25 so working out sounded pretty good to me. I would have chose any other place but this one but something just drew me to the this place. It appeared different and focused on the total weight loss experience and not just on working out. I read the reviews like you are doing now and the people spoke highly of it. I was at a point in my life that I had to make a change so I just booked it and went without knowing what to expect.

I arrived there and the service was exceptional. Here are the things that I loved:
1) The pick up from the airport was wonderful so I did not have to worry about this.
2) Getting weighed as soon as I arrived and monitoring my weight everyday was a plus and a huge motivator. They also measured my blood sugar which also went down significantly after I went through their program.
3) The staff are incredible (Kez, Gypsa, Su x2, Pu, and the rest) are all amazing. During my time also there was a lady called Anette who kept us all in line. I loved her, she was wonderful.
4) They do your laundry. I wish I knew this in advance, I would not have brought lots of cloths. This was done daily. This was so cool.
5) The food was so great. Who said that good healthy food should taste bad. They prepared amazing food (even shrimp).
6) The consultants they brought (Clay - This guy plays with your mind and he is incredible. I needed to speak about my pain and he listened and did something in our hypnosis session that made me stick to my diet until now. He is a must on your retreat)
Craig - the nutritionist is so well versed with nutrition and diet information. I loved every minute we spent together. He makes sense and I learned a lot on what to eat and what not to eat.
7) Tina was the best fitness trainer and has so much energy. When she said she is a grandma and she has a body like this. It is crazy. She is beautiful inside and out.
8) I loved having a structured program of activities everyday so I knew what to expect. Lots of activities and lots to do to contribute to your weight loss
9) Temple visits - we did 2 of them and they were great
10) Daily 1 hour walks are incredible as the beaches we went too are so amazing

What I advise:
1) Go with a friend. I was so fortunate that I met another guy over there were we bonded instantly and we pushed each other. Having someone like that is wonderful. "Tray I am grateful to you"
2) If you do not have a friend to go with, just go, you never know who you will meet. It is a must if you are at a point in your life that you need a big change. You are worth it.

Things I did not like personally but were very important to be part of the program:
* I did not like the Vinegar water in the morning. I know it is very good for you. I just did not like it so much. I highly recommend you stick to everything they ask you even if you do not like it as everything is based on studies they made and it is beneficial
* I hated Ox tail dinner. I am so happy that I tried it though as Food has always been my reward and because I ate this, I now consider food as just a source of energy and not a reward. Some people like this, I just did not but I am happy I ate it.
* Ice Bath - They dip you in a tub full of ice for 20 minutes twice a week. This burns fat they say. It hurts. I am sure it is beneficial for you. It just was painful. Again, I advise you to do it like I did.....

The only requirement they have is for you to do the walks in the morning and stick to your meals. The rest is just a bonus. I did everything and today I can say I am 15 Kg lighter because of them.

I can not thank them enough for everything and I highly recommend the place and the experience. Go Go Go.... You are worth it, they will take care of you, like they took care of me.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo