A truly serene resort near Chalong. About a 40-50 min ride from Phuket airport depending on traffic. The hotel is located in a remote part of Chalong. First, since the resort is set on a hill, the hotel will shuttle you around on little quasi tuk-tuk vehicles. Taxi dropped us off and our bags were secured by the front staff and they quickly escorted us into the tuk-tuk shuttle, after a 2 min ride uphill, we were greeted by the receptionist at the check in area with a nice cool towel and an beverage. Check-in staff took us on a brief tour of the grounds (pool, restaurant, etc.). Then we were escorted back into the shuttle for the 2 min ride to our room. Our room was on the edge of the property so it was very secluded. First glimpse of the private pool and I was in love. The living area flowed right into the bedroom and a nicely appointed double-vanity bathroom (wife liked that very much). The climate control right by the bed was handy and the AC was strong. As great as the private pool was, we found ourselves in the main infinity pool more than often, it was a great length for swimming. Mosquitoes were not that bad, the resort provides mosquito repellant lotion, mosquito repellant devices and candles, so there was a strong effort by the resort to alleviate the mosquito bites. Each villa has a DVD player and there was a great variety of DVDs to borrow from check-in. We got a massage at the spa and it was great, the masseuse was great and the setting/decor was very serene. Only downside is the lack of a true fitness center, there is a weight machine and a stationary bike, nothing more. We ate breakfast at the restaurant daily and the food was good. We dined in the restaurant for dinner and also ordered room service. We stuck with the Thai food, something just doesn't sit well with ordering pizza in Thailand. I'm glad to say the Thai food we ordered was good, it's your run-of-the-mill Thai food and it worked, nothing crazily creative or innovative is offered. The resort provides a shuttle service into two different parts of the island, one to the Central Mall (western style mall with lots of stores, lots of restaurants, a small food court evoking MBK, a movie theater, and a supermarket). The other shuttle takes you to Nai Harn beach.
The remoteness of the resort might turn some people off, it was at least a mile walk to the main road where there's the occasional day/night market. Most nights, when we ventured out, we took a taxi arranged by the hotel (usually 800 baht) where the driver drops you off and waits while you dine and wine.
All in all, a great place to get away from the craziness of Phuket and just enjoy the sounds of nature (plenty of roosters and cicadas). Special shout-out to "Boy" who was so informative and helpful with every question and request.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small and Intimate, nested on the heart of a hill overlooking the Andaman Sea. The Villa Zolitude, hidden in the hillside exotic jungle. Whilst tropical oasis has an air of rustic charm, it is as luxurious and sophisticated as you could wish.Each exclusive cottage is an exotic fusion of earth and Moroccan luxurious touch; a level of sophistication, stylish in accommodation and service that vividly contrasts with the primeval environment. Game drives and excursions are arranged to meet the wild life at close quarters and guests can explore their own roots, the pearl of Andaman. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Zolitude Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Zolitude Hotel Chalong
- Zolitude Hotel Chalong
- Villa Zolitude Resort And Spa Phuket/Chalong