“The hidden side of Phuket”
Review of River Rovers

Private Monkey Jungle Cruise: Phuket Day Eco Tour
Ranked #7 of 51 Tours in Chalong
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Phuket, the pearl of the Andaman, is famous for its white beaches and tropical nature; offering so many off the beaten tracks to explore and experience. If you’re a nature lover, planet lover, or simply just want a holiday to love and always remember then you've come to the right place...River Rovers Eco Cruises!We are an independent Eco-Tour Company, taking small tours to all of the out of the way places, to see the natural beauty and Ecosystems that surround Phuket. We take no more than 6 guests on our Live-a-Board tours and a maximum of 10 guests for our Day tours, taking you away from the crowds of tourists, to show you the real Thailand with all of its treasures on offer.With our shallow draft of only 8 inches, we can pull up just about anywhere, without climbing on dinghies and clambering up the side of boats, perfect for all ages and abilities and wheel chairs are welcome too.You will experience a wonderland of wildlife, unspoiled by tourism.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I love heading out to the smaller islands to relax and avoid the crowds. I ran across River Rovers and read great review after great review so we decided to spend a day with them. We had a great time traveling through beautiful uninhabited islands. It felt like we were in a different world. The natural beauty and animals were impressive. These islands are fantastic and peaceful hidden gems. The food and hospitality was also excellent. If you are looking for a memorable and unique experience, definitely go on a River Rovers tour.

2  Thank Everett S
hotsoxyPhuket, Owner at River Rovers, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Hi Everett, looks like you all had fun and enjoyed the day relaxing on our boat, the food was great too, thanks very much for your review and we look forward to meeting with you again..

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is our second trip with Gordon and Luck. What a great day...This time with friends, who loved their trip equally as much as we did the first time out...Plenty to see and do. swim, canoe, eat. OMG-Luck is the most exceptional cook..Kids loved jumping off the boat(again)..It is great as it is a slow paced, relaxing day out..Thanks again Gordon...Hope we've converted you to Hawthorn now!!!

hotsoxyPhuket, Owner at River Rovers, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Hi Maddaysophie,
So glad you all enjoyed the day with River Rovers, the kids certainly had fun, but they enjoyed the first trip as well, your friends thanked me on Facebook ask them to please put a review here.
I have become a Hawthorn fan now, I watched half of it when I got home, it looked like Sidney was going to win at one stage, but hooray The Hawthorn's made it, well done.
Glad you got all the pictures I sent of your trip.
Best wishes

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I just can’t say enough about our Eco Tour experience with River Rovers. Having been to Phuket several times and participating in many excursions that the island has on offer; I can say from experience that Gordon’s river tour has to be the best in Phuket.
We chose to explore River Rover’s jungle monkey cruise, an encounter we will always remember. The monkeys were very gentle and we were able to feed them straight from our hands. Gordon and Luck could not do enough for us, what special treatment!
Luck is one of the best Thai cooks in Phuket, her food was prepared on the boat and there was plenty of drinks and food for everyone. It was such a relaxing and informative tour event and I would recommend River Rovers to anyone who wants to get away from the standard overcrowded speed boat excursions and a chance to see a bit of the real Thailand, at a relaxing and leisurely pace. I will definitely be back next year. Thank you Gordon and Luck for making this trip to Phuket one of the very best ever!

1  Thank DeeMac_13

Hi Dee Mac,
Thanks for the great review, the food was all cooked on the boat so it was as fresh as you can get, we don't warm up the food from the night before and present it to you.
Yep! the Monkeys were on form, loads of them and they were very gentle, the kids love them as well,
Thanks and your welcome to come again.
Gordon, River Rovers.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I cannot commend this experience enough. Being a city persona nd mostly chained to a desk, this was an epiphany. It was soul cleansing. Being on a river on Phuket, as opposed to Bangkok, is something you must add to your holiday in Thailand. The relaxed style and lack of bustle was what made it for me. I thank Gordon for having the inituition to do this properly. I'll be back again next year!

2  Thank Steve P

Hi Steve, thank you very much for your review, so glad you enjoyed the day, everybody else enjoyed itl, The Monkeys had fun to, It's a lovely cruise, gentle and smooth with our 4 stroke engine. and just gliding through the mangroves, just right, put your feet up and relax.
Thanks again

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I very rarely write reviews but in this case I am making an exception becasue I want people to realize that there is a great and wonderful way to enjoy a boat tour in Phuket without being buffetted and bounced around on a boat with 40 plus people, at breakneck speed with the spell of gasoline filling your nostrils only to arrive on an Island teeming with people. A trip by River Rovers was one of the nicest, relaxed and best value for money tours i have ever taken and I have travelled the world. The food was freshly purchased in the morning and cooked by an excellant chef on Board, if you want an optional lobster for 1,000B you can buy it from a local fisherman and they can cook it for you. The tours were calm, relaxed, comfortable and some nice touches such as eating on real china plates and drinkig from real glasses while sitting down on a table clothed table, all made the greatest difference. Visiting local uninhabited islands and getting right up close to shore becasue of the shlallow hulled boat, meant we could just jump from the boat to the islands. The shalled hull also meant we could go down the rivers and feed the moneys and see sights you would never normally see. I did not know Phuket had rivers? So now you know.

If i had one complaint it would be that i found out about RR too late in my holiday becasue I would have taken a second trip. I cannot say enougth good things about this tour and if you do not try you will be missing a great addition to your holiday.
Thanks so much to Gordon for a really great experience.
Marc

3  Thank Marc S

Hi Marc,
Glad you enjoyed the day with River Rovers, next time you come to Phuket we'll take you on our tour to the Islands, In The Steps Of Lord Buddha Cruise is a must, there is a temple on the rocks and you can visit the resident monks, who will give you good luck.
Chrystel clear water for snorkeling, there is fishing also, only for small fish though.
Hope to see you again.