“An epiphany”
Review of River Rovers

River Rovers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Phuket, the pearl of the Andaman, is famous for its white beaches and tropical nature; offering so many off the beaten tracks to explore and experience. If you’re a nature lover, planet lover, or simply just want a holiday to love and always remember then you've come to the right place...River Rovers Eco Cruises!We are an independent Eco-Tour Company, taking small tours to all of the out of the way places, to see the natural beauty and Ecosystems that surround Phuket. We take no more than 6 guests on our Live-a-Board tours and a maximum of 10 guests for our Day tours, taking you away from the crowds of tourists, to show you the real Thailand with all of its treasures on offer.With our shallow draft of only 8 inches, we can pull up just about anywhere, without climbing on dinghies and clambering up the side of boats, perfect for all ages and abilities and wheel chairs are welcome too.You will experience a wonderland of wildlife, unspoiled by tourism.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I cannot commend this experience enough. Being a city persona nd mostly chained to a desk, this was an epiphany. It was soul cleansing. Being on a river on Phuket, as opposed to Bangkok, is something you must add to your holiday in Thailand. The relaxed style and lack of bustle was what made it for me. I thank Gordon for having the inituition to do this properly. I'll be back again next year!

2  Thank Steve P
hotsoxyPhuket, Owner at River Rovers, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Hi Steve, thank you very much for your review, so glad you enjoyed the day, everybody else enjoyed itl, The Monkeys had fun to, It's a lovely cruise, gentle and smooth with our 4 stroke engine. and just gliding through the mangroves, just right, put your feet up and relax.
Thanks again
Gordon

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I very rarely write reviews but in this case I am making an exception becasue I want people to realize that there is a great and wonderful way to enjoy a boat tour in Phuket without being buffetted and bounced around on a boat with 40 plus people, at breakneck speed with the spell of gasoline filling your nostrils only to arrive on an Island teeming with people. A trip by River Rovers was one of the nicest, relaxed and best value for money tours i have ever taken and I have travelled the world. The food was freshly purchased in the morning and cooked by an excellant chef on Board, if you want an optional lobster for 1,000B you can buy it from a local fisherman and they can cook it for you. The tours were calm, relaxed, comfortable and some nice touches such as eating on real china plates and drinkig from real glasses while sitting down on a table clothed table, all made the greatest difference. Visiting local uninhabited islands and getting right up close to shore becasue of the shlallow hulled boat, meant we could just jump from the boat to the islands. The shalled hull also meant we could go down the rivers and feed the moneys and see sights you would never normally see. I did not know Phuket had rivers? So now you know.

If i had one complaint it would be that i found out about RR too late in my holiday becasue I would have taken a second trip. I cannot say enougth good things about this tour and if you do not try you will be missing a great addition to your holiday.
Thanks so much to Gordon for a really great experience.
Marc

3  Thank Marc S

Hi Marc,
Glad you enjoyed the day with River Rovers, next time you come to Phuket we'll take you on our tour to the Islands, In The Steps Of Lord Buddha Cruise is a must, there is a temple on the rocks and you can visit the resident monks, who will give you good luck.
Chrystel clear water for snorkeling, there is fishing also, only for small fish though.
Hope to see you again.
Best wishes
Gordon

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I've known Gordon for well on 25 years,so it was awesome to catch up again,as well as being treated to a wonderful trip on his boat.The food,monkeys,swimming and company was great,I highly recommend this as one of your" things to do" when in Thailand.Gordon you and Luck rock.Helen Hardman

1  Thank Helen H
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Get away from the yacht, catamaran as well as speedboat and out on River Rover to experience the riverbank mangrove in Phuket!!!

2  Thank Jureerat P
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Thank you to Gordon & Luk. Thank you for giving us such a memorable tour.

We have joined the tour on 30 May. I booked it via email after I arrived Phuket and the whole process is very smooth. Gordon did get back very quick and even help us to arrange transportation from hotel to pier (transportation fee at our charge).

Gordon brought us to several islands and we did not see any other tourists around. We swim, walk around and paddle in an environment that with only us. We really enjoy the peaceful environment and it looks like we have chartered those islands/beaches. Gordon knows how to get away from crowded. He gave us sufficient time, food & unlimited beers to enjoy for the whole journey.

To me, feeding monkeys is the worst part as I am afraid of them however my two friends enjoy a lot. Luckily we are then offered a chance to order lobsters directly from the nearby fishermen at a very attractive price (nearly half price compare to restaurants in Patong). Lobsters are steamed and delivered to our boat directly. They are so fresh and the taste is very good. It is worth to pay for and really helps me to forget about those monkeys.

Food are fabulous!!! Luk is a very good chef even better than some of the restaurants. The drumstick, chicken & coconut soup, stir fried pork with ginger, stir fired prawns with beans and fried rice are to die for. (Except the french fries which is a bit hard, I guess they are over-cooked.)

Gordon said as he is already 70 and he wants to enjoy life so he will only run 7 to 8 tours a month. We are so lucky that we can join this tour. I would recommend this tour to everyone who wants to enjoy Sun, Sea & Sand. This tour is not using speedboat so it suits for all people (family even with elderly or children).

If I visit Phuket in future, I will definitely want to join Gordon & Luk again.

4  Thank Mei-HK