“great family restaurant”

Antonio's
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Ballydehob
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Real italian restaurant in West Cork
Broom, United Kingdom
“great family restaurant”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Spent a very pleasant evening at Antonios, good food, good service, excellent family restaurant. Will definately go again.

• Visited August 2013

Cork
“A Taste of Italian”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My two friends and I went to Antonio's over the weekend for my birthday dinner. I have been here before but I wanted my friends to try it out! We were pointed to our table when we arrived in. I thought it was going to be cramped but it was fine. The other tables were empty at the start of our meal, but when we left the restaurant was full! The waitor came around or our drinks order and the lady took our food order! The starter my friend and I got was the Bruschetta with tomatoes and mozzarella. My friend got the mussels which were lovely. But my starter I can still taste it in my mouth it was devine. It was just so simple and tasted amazing! Our mains was pasta/ steak which was amazing again. I thought the portion was small but was I glad of it cause I barely finished it. My friends steak was cooked to perfection and my other friend order the special which was ravoili stuffed with crab and finished with a creamy sauce and prawns.
I like my desserts so we ordered profitolers and Tiramsiu. The profitolers were lovely but I didn't like the Tiramsiu which was dissapointing as I was looking forward to it! But all in all the expereince was lovely and they didn't dissapoint part from my dessert!

We will definately be back again soon!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank DamianTim88
Espoo, Finland
“A nice surprise in Ballydehob”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Authentic Italian restaurant in a small Irish village was an interesting and pleasant find. Food was very good and the atmosphere of the place relaxed and enjoyable.
The service was good, except that despite a table reservation we had to wait rather long in a cramped hallway. Other that that the experience was fab!

• Visited May 2013
Cork, Cork, Ireland
“Good, but not excellent...”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The owner and waiting staff were very friendly and the restaurant was nice but there are a couple of negatives.

My partner and I ordered two different main courses and, while hers arrived promptly, I was waiting another 10 minutes to receive mine - not good. When it did come, the dish was extremely salty, so much so that I couldn't finish it. That said, the starter and dessert were very good, all positives there.

I would revisit again as the issues were possibly down to how busy it was.

• Visited May 2013
Ireland
“Bella”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

What a find, a proper Italian Restaraunt serving food lika ita made by mama;-). Best pizza tasted since leaving Lago d' Como and the carbonara was perfect - no cream or mushrooms in sight. The Arribiatta was perfect again my wife hasn't tasted as good since we left Italy.
Very reasonable but you need to book and we will be back here very regularly.

Visited April 2013