“Good pulled pork roll” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Good pulled pork roll”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

After a poor start getting our order taken, the food was good when it arrived. Make sure you order at the bar. Hopefully, you won't be ignored by the waitress nearest to you like me. Although don't expect farmers portions here. The pulled port roll was very tasty even in white bread roll. Pizzas looked good. I would eat here again although there are places I would rather go in Penrith.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank JudithGlennie

Haverthwaite, England
“Very surprising food, in a good way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I had the Cumbrian Chorizo and Potato Hash topped with poached egg and was surprised at the quality of food. The presentation was faultless and of a higher standard than I was expecting. The smell immediately hit me and I couldn't wait to try my food, I did wait though as I had to look at the dish in disbelief of what had arrived. Bright colourful vegetables and crispy brown chunks of potato and large, mouth watering chunks of chorizo all topped with a traditional water cooked poached egg. The plate was garnished with a balsamic drizzle and a chilli oil, complementing the dish perfectly. If I thought the appearance was good then it was nothing compared to the taste. Everything perfectly complemented each other, with no over powering flavours to taint my palette. The portion size was ample for lunch and again more than I was expecting. I finished the meal but not my drink, as I wanted to keep the taste of the food in my mouth as long as I could.
I would wholeheartedly recommend the Café and look forward to my next visit.

• Visited November 2013
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
“Why are children served sub standard food?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Lunch for adults was good. But is it really acceptable in a cafe that seems to pride itself on the quality of its ingredients to serve children sandwiches made of dry sliced bread without butter and dry tasteless grated cheese? Why treat children as second class citizens?

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jo O
Cockermouth, United Kingdom
“Nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Went with friends and three children under 3. It was busy and baby chairs were scarce. A waitress found us a chair quickly so not an issue. The food was well cooked and tasty. Every one in our party enjoyed their food including the kids. I had fish and chips. Very good but nothing else. Needed some nice peas or salad as it was just a plate of fried food. Gave it an unappealing appearance. Little issue but will go again in the future. Overall, service was excellent.

• Visited April 2013
Kendal
“Slightly Pricey But Well Worth It.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

Free parking, Perfect for a day out if you have kids, or if you’re just looking to browse some shops and get a really really nice meal. The prices on the starters/light bites/onion rings might be a little high but overall its worth it for the fresh tastiness. You’ll leave feeling pleasantly full but not bloated; like you’ve had a really good meal. Each meal I had there (Starts, Sides, Main) were all freshly prepared and came out in very good time. looking forward to our next visit.

• Visited June 2012