“Chris, Mary & Tom”
Review of The Olde Post Inn

The Olde Post Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Cloverhill
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Longford, Ireland
“Chris, Mary & Tom”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were here for lunch today. Very busy, still staff had a welcome and cheerful smile for us while taking us to our table. Our meals were scrumptious, if not somewhat expensive with a couple of glasses of merlot! I would have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant to anyone who I know could afford it. Definitely for a special treat, it's worth a visit.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 19552013

“Great food, horrible horrible service.”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Had a meal for 6, set menu 58eu each. Now the food was lovely, but the service was unbelievably bad. practically ignored us from the start, had to wait 10mins for a waiter to acknowledge us when we needed more water or when there was something wrong with our food. forgot to bring our coffees at the end of the meal and then never returned to give us our bill. Ended up having to go to the bar to get it myself as Evey waiter rushed by our table without as much as a glance. It was obvious that each table didn't have a set person lookin after them. Would of relayed all this to the manager when asked How our meal was but not a single person asked so it's all here. Basically it was "we already have your 58eu so tough [--]." Set menu in chapter one in Dublin is 65eu and the Michelin star food and service are impeccable. Go there instead.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank PaMcDonagh
Ireland
“Two out of three ain't bad!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have been to this restaurant three times.the first two times , everything was fantastic but,the last time was disappointing... I was here for a small birthday party the first time....the trio of creme brûlée's were to die for..months later and I still think of it....my second time there was for Valentine's day.... It was also lovely...I was at a function there the third time....my partner and I both ate the salmon gravalux and were sick all night...we could not enjoy the party we were at...I was ill on the loo all night and sick for days afterwards..
It was an awful shame because we had been initially impressed with this restaurant....one draw back with this restaurant are the prices.....it is very expensive to dine here.... I am afraid to admit that we have not been back since our last experience!

Enniskillen, N Ireland
“Outstanding”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was our first time to this resturant even though we had always heard good things about it and we kept saying we must visit. On arrival we were greated by a very friendly waitress who took our name and showed us to a seating area where we would peruse the menu and order a drink. The waitress was very helpful and was more that able to answer and question we had about the menu. I had the quail to start, this was to die for (and also reccommended by the waitress), my partner had the terrine of bacon and cabbage which he said was fine. We both had the soup and fresh homemade bread selection. For main i had the best ever Sea Bass on a bed of Risotto, absolutely wonderful and my partner had the best Lamb he had ever tasted. After all this you would think that we would have no room for desert! Wrong, we both had the Chocolate Fondant with Mint Ice Cream, heaven on a plate. This was all followed by coffee and petit fours. Along the way the staff were very polite, cheerful and attentive. This resturant really does deserve the five start rating. We now intent to visit this resturant every month, you get what you pay for, enjoy.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sharon M
Sweden
“Great food and great welcome”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed here with some friends on a cycling holiday. Would highly recommend it. Food was excellent and rooms comfortable. Staff were friendly and extremely helpful.

Visited August 2013