MacNean House & Restaurant
Priceline
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsporridgetasting menuhomemade cookiesworth the waitmacnean housedining experiencenext morningmichelin starprestige menuwaiting listpre dessertwhole experiencequailmonths in advanceout of this worldspecial occasiona real treat
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My self and my wife and brother went for a sunday lunch in march.it was a present for my brother and best mate.we all enjoyed the whole expierence.great choice of menu and good value for money.i would highly recommend it to everybody.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank gleeko23
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was a return visit as I was there this time last year & this time I wasn't disappointed either. MacNean House is the most wonderful place in terms of the food and the fabulous staff - I just can't fault it all. The staff are so pleasant and make you feel so much at home with their very calm approach. This calm atmosphere is certainly passed down by Nevin as is so unassuming
and it made my night that he had time to chat to all his customers even though the restaurant was buzzing- he has so much trust and confidence in his staff.
The room was spotlessly clean and the en-suite shower room was amazing with lots of fresh towels and toiletries.
I'll be back again for sure!!

Room Tip: I would suggest that if you are sensitive to noise then I would request a room at the back of the house. Some of the rooms at the front can be quite noisy with passing lorries & cars as the House is on the main street in Blacklion,
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

I had high expectations of here, as it has a fantastic reputation and sometimes you can be disappointed, but i was more than pleased! The atmosphere is calm and relaxed, we had a junior suite, beautiful calming colours, the staff are lovely,..discreet, and informative. the food is out of this world. I know it's more expensive than other places but i feel for a special occasion, and just something special to look forward to, this is the place to be!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank eacht2001
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I opted for the 9 course tasting menu which was perfect in every single course !!!!! The whole evening was very relaxed with really great friendly staff that created a casual atmosphere. We kept trying to leave some of the food, but it was nearly impossible, it just tasted so good. The presentation, flavours and variety of food was superb and cooked to perfection.
We also stayed in Mac Neans Bed &Breakfast which was lovely and made the whole evening very special. The breakfast was another fine dining experience. It is really refreshing to have a proper A La carte breakfast menu as well as great variety of fruit/ breads/pastries and fresh fruit juice like i have never tasted before.Well done. We have already rebooked. The village of Blacklion was very friendly and we enjoyed a drink in The Bush Bar and Fitzpatricks and we really felt very welcome.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012

There is little we can say about this restaurant that hasn't been said before but in summary, the food was superb, the ambiance lovely and the staff were extremely courteous and helpful. 10 out of 10. The only thing I would say is that we had slightly TOO MUCH FOOD and by the end of the meal we were totally stuffed and past appreciating the quality of the food. In addition to the 3 courses there are loads of extra titbits presented to you and while all were delicious they are not all necessary. We loved it though and would recommend it to anyone interested in good food.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple