The Bailie Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Shirley Arms Hotel(Carrickmacross)
The Glencarn Hotel(Castleblayney)
TripAdvisor
All reviewson arrivalbar foodtop floorpepper saucehuge portionssteakstay there againlast weekendsherry triflekeep up the good worklovely hotelcourse mealnight breakwell worth a visitcouldn't do enoughout of this worldcarvery
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Bailie Hotel over the August Bank Holiday weekend. We were part of a group and we booked 13 rooms in total.
We were actually booked into the Wedding Suite, which was beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean.
We have eaten in the hotel's restaurant and have had bar food many times. I can honestly say that the food in the Bailie is excellent. The service is fast and really friendly.
There was live entertainment at night and there was a great atmosphere in the bar.
Breakfast was spot on the next morning and when we checked out, we found the staff to be so pleasant yet again.
We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We didn't see any of the other rooms, but I would recommend that you ask for the Bridal Suite because it was a lovely room indeed.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fiona C
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Best value for money in cavan!
Food is unreal and frienly staff!
Cheap hotel rooms!

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Horny24
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed here while visiting friends in the area. The room was freshly decorated.
Bar food was fabulous, defo recommend sirlion steak and pepper sauce was to die for. Breakfast was lovely, very quick service and a very plesant and friendly service. All in all I'd definately stay again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hondapetunia
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Just to say a big well done to all the staff in your hotel, reception was very efficent and friendly, our room 153, was beautifully decorated, and the breakfast great. Will certainly be returning. Give this lovely hotel a chance you will be glad. Jackie

Room Tip: Room 153 beautifully decorated.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank IrelandSunnysands
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We spent 3 nights in the hotel last September 2011, and having stayed in the hotel in previous years I was not looking forward to my stay when I booked I told the receptionest of the problems we had in the past and I had read the terrible reviews on the web page. I have to say Our stay was a pleasure we were given a nice clean room on the first floor the breakfast was very good and plenty of choice and we eat in the bar the three evenings friends & family joined us every one enjoyed their meals,can I say all members of staff were pleasant and more than helpfull if we do return to Bailieborough this summer we will be more than happy to book in to TheBailie Thank You M M Brady.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple