“Great hotel totally underrated”
Review of The Bailie Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bailieborough
The Bailie Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bailieborough
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Just returned from a Great stay in Bailie hotel Bailieboro Co Cavan. Staff friendly and helpful, Food Excellent, Room small but nicely decorated , overall a very good hotel

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank 50lol
There are newer reviews for The Bailie Hotel

Reviewed October 6, 2011

On reading the reviews here, we were absolutely dreading going to the Bailie Hotel, we were going to Bailieboro to attend a funeral and had no real choice on where to stay as it is the only hotel in town, we arrived in and were pleasently surprised, the reception area was clean and the receptionist was friendly, I had a quick look in the lounge bar before going to our room and again pleasently surprised, a nice spacious bar and a friendly barman, our bedroom was also fine, room a little small but very comfortable and clean and the en-suite was spotless, the food in the hotel was very good, so all in all what we were expecting to be a nightmare turned out to be a very plesent stay, I have stayed in a lot more expensive hotels throughout europe which would not be of this standard.

Room Tip: We were in room 53
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Brian L
Reviewed August 15, 2011

For many years, my family and I have enjoyed going to the Bailie Hotel for a drink in the bar and a lovely wholesome meal. However, upon staying in the hotel itself for the first time, I was shocked and exceedingly disappointed. The rooms were filthy, cold and miserable. The beds actually had old blankets on them instead of a quilt and each mattress was in a sorry state indeed. The breakfast was meagre, greasy and the interior of the dining room was sorely dilapidated. Furthermore, the cost of just one night was over 100 Euro. Overpriced doesn't even begin to cover it. I will never, ever, ever stay here again and to be honest, it has put me off even visiting the bar which has certainly gone downhill in recent years. Utterly disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
10  Thank Young_Grasshopper
Reviewed August 12, 2011

On a recent visit to Bailieboro we visited The Bailie Hotel and found it only OK. Our visit was a short one and early in the day. The food I have to say was the best part of our short trip. On visiting the toilets there was no problem finding them as you can smell them at reception. Congratulations to those on reception, your constution is stronger than ours. How can management, staff not address this problem which is so prevelant. The toilets themselves were deplorable, the stench was stomoch churning, the toilets and handbasins filthy, floors and walls need serious cleaning. Assuming there is cleaning done every day, its been a long time since these toilets have seen soap and water. This was the worst we have encountered in many years. It was a case of holding your breath and try not to throw up, this mess stench cannot be put into words. The public are visiting your hotel and paying for accommodation, food or drink, surely someone who is in charge of cleaning should be keeping an eye on these areas. This was early in the day, I would hate to see, or smell the place if there was a crowd of people around using these facilities as is the norm with hotels.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank Canara
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I found my stay at the Bailie Hotel very relaxing and enjoyable. I was greeted always with a friendly smile or a nice personal comment. This made my stay like home from home but with the luxury of top quality food served in a number of different locations. It runs a cafe during the day, bar food, carvary lunch and a la carte in the evening. The live music in the bar at the weekends give us a very enjoyable few days.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MaieMcMahon
Reviewed February 8, 2010

My parents stayed here for two nights. They where put in a very small attic room and the heating wasn't working. They actually had to keep their coats on while in the room. They complained on multiple occasions. On the second day after complaining to a different staff member at the desk they went back to her to say the heating still wasn't on and where told that they've only just complained nothing could have been done yet! She had no idea that this was an ongoing issue. Eventually before they went to bed on the second night the radiator was fixed. Apparently it was something simple that could have been done easily on first complaint.
Other than the problems with the room they said the food was good and so was the entertainment. But over all it was over priced and not an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank hawkquin
Reviewed February 2, 2010

From the outside looking at the hotel I seen winos standing drinking and smoking at the entrance which made me feel, do I really want to go in here? After sometime of deliberation I decided to bite the bullet. As I made my way into the hotel bar I got a smell of stale beer combined with cigarette smoke. Their customer service is diabolical. I waited at the bar for 10 minutes before anyone came over to me. I was then greeted by a man that did'nt smiled not even once. The bar as old worn sofas and for the half hour I spend in the it, the tables were left dirty with empty glasses on them.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
7  Thank MarkSmith2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bailieborough
Cabra Castle Hotel
Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
Breffni Arms Hotel
Breffni Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Arva

Been to The Bailie Hotel? Share your experiences!