“Fantastic hotel in very rural Ireland”

Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ballyconnell
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This is my second visit to this hotel and it doesn't disappoint. from the grand looking building to the very attentive friendly staff. Food is fantastic really tasty and lots of it. Never been in the pool or spa but looks great maybe next time but I would recommend the Slieve Russell you wont be disaponted.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and for your kind comments about the Hotel and our staff. I am happy to read you enjoyed your stay and will return to Slieve Russell. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

There are newer reviews for Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in April for last minute break and it was lovely and everything was fantastic from start to finish.

The location is stunning with lovely surrounding views. The staff were friendly and the good was lovely.

Will be back in the near future!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am pleased to read your positive comments. I am happy you enjoyed your stay at Slieve Russell and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stayed here over June bank holiday weekend and would not hesitate to return. A really comfortable hotel with v friendly staff. Excellent swimming pool and spa area, great games room for kids and loads to do on-site. Had a family room for the four of us which was big, neat and clean. Was a good bit away from reception which was prob good as there were 2 weddings on the first night we were there. It's a very relaxed hotel and somewhere that you feel really at home in from the time you arrive. Ate in the bar on Saturday night which was good but thought the Setanta restaurant which we ate in in Sunday night was very average...service was poor and food not anything to note in particular. Having said that would not hesitate to come back - is perfect for kids. By the way if you're staying for a few days take a trip up to the MarbleArchCaves about 20 mins away-well worth it.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am pleased to read your positive comments regarding your bedroom, the bar food, games room, swimming pool and spa. I am happy you and your family enjoyed your stay at Slieve Russell. I apologise for your disappointment with service and food in the Setanta Restaurant and I will address these matters with the relevant personnel. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Slieve Russell in the near future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Last min opportunity to get away 1 night. Right from the moment of arrival, we knew we'd made a good choice. Requested quiet room and found ourselves floor 4 (basement looking out to an internal garden) and other than the birds singing, considering 2 weddings on site, (poss late/party revellers returning to their rooms)we reckon we had one of the best nights sleep in a long time!! Had dinner in restaurant with b'ful music provided by pianist, she was super and really added to the wonderful meal, ambience in restaurant. Staff excellent all round. B'ful mature hidden garden and really nice walk around grounds. We are not golfers and didnt avail of Spa (this time!) Or leisure centre, our experience whilst flying visit certainly left an impression that we will be back and for longer. The only negative would be, some areas look 'tired an worn', corridor areas and could do with a revamp.

Room Tip: From our experience, quiet room we got on floor 4.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your last minute break. Thank you for your kind comments regarding dinner, staff and our gardens. We are currently undergoing a refurbishment programme, which is an ongoing process. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Slieve Russell in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Slieve Russell hotel for 2 nights over the June bank holiday weekend. The staff at reception were very polite, welcoming and professional. The hotel kindly gave us an upgrade free of charge for our anniversary. That was a lovely surprise on arrival.
The bedroom was spotless clean and very comfortable. The housekeeping staff were very friendly and helpful.
We ate in the bar on both afternoons, food service was slow in the bar but the food was really good when it arrived. The bar staff were friendly and fun and professional. We also ate in the hotel's Setanta restaurant at night, the meal in the restaurant was outstanding, the food was of the highest quality and tasted superb. Compliments to the chef and kitchen team.
We also enjoyed the swimming pool, sauna and jacusi.
All in all, the hotel was excellent with friendly helpful staff, superb food, comfortable clean bedrooms and fabulous gardens which are maintained to perfection.

We look forward to returning to the Sleeve Russell.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the golf course, a spectacular view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your wonderful review and I am delighted to read your positive comments about the hotel and in particular the food, rooms, staff and gardens. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed at 'the slieve' on a golfing break, I can't give this place an high enough accolade. The hotel and staff are fantastic and the course is certainly of the highest standard. Although the restaurant is very good at the Slieve we met some friends in Ballyconnell to eat. I can certainly recommend the sirloin stake at the 'Anglers' (if you can eat it) might be better to share it

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am delighted to read your praise for our staff and the golf course. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Slieve Russell in the near future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We have been going to the slieve Russell since 2003 and have been there each year sometimes several times in a year just because it is so relaxing and very child friendly. Also the spa is the most amazing spa ever. Isabelle is the most amazing message therapist and her hot stone message is not to be missed. It was here I found Elemis skin products and have been using them ever since my first experience. The food is second to none and nothing is to much for the staff. My children state the slieve Russell is their favourite hotel of all time they love the pool and the secret garden and my husband loves the golf course and golf shop. We are goin again in July with friends from Florida who honeymooned there in 2003 and can't wait to get back!! Amazing hotel, amazing food, amazing spa, amazing staff love it!!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your wonderful review and I am absolutely delighted to read your many kind comments in relation to our spa, staff, food and golf course. It is also lovely to hear we are your children’s favourite hotel. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Slieve Russell in July. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballyconnell
Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
#3 of 4 in Cavan
Westville Hotel
Westville Hotel
#2 of 7 in Enniskillen

Been to Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club? Share your experiences!