Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
1,804 results
All reviewssetanta restaurantkells barafternoon teasuperior roomhydrotherapy suitebeautiful hotelslieve russelleisure centrethe secret gardenchanging roomstennis courtsboth nightsnight breakgroupon dealbusy hotellovely walkbeautiful grounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful hotel, this is my second time staying here with my husband and I brought two friends with us this time and we had the most relaxing and beautiful stay! The staff are so friendly and the food in the setanta restaurant was absolutely beautiful. Usually when I go away I book non smoking but my friends booked a smoking room as one of them smoked lightly but the room smelt very stale! I understand it's difficult when people smoke to get rid of the smell but my friend had to buy a candle to drown out the smell. The difference in the smoking and non smoking rooms is unbelievable.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Shaw002
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am sorry that you were unhappy that the smoking room your friend booked smelt of smoke. As a non-smoker I can appreciate your dissatisfaction, however I hope this will not deter you from returning to the Slieve Russell in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Have stayed at this hotel many times it just gets better and better, front of hotel staff very polite and very helpful with any problem. Bar staff quick and always willing to have a friendly chat. Bedrooms clean , tv, bath , shower creams shampoos etc. tea and coffee facilities, rooms cleaned every day. Shannon suite. The perfect place to chill out in front of the big gas fire . The restaurant second to none for fine food and service , breakfast brilliant and great choice to set you up for the day . The golf course is a great test as well the club house is another good place to eat. The spa and facilities were excellent. Management are always to be seen in case u want to speak to anyone , many thanks to katarina, Philip, and all staff for memorable stays.

Room Tip: All rooms excellent , but rooms overlooking golf course great
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your wonderful review and I am delighted to read your many kind comments. I will pass on your praise to all concerned and in particular Kathriona and Philip. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

My wife and I spent a couple of very enjoyable nights at the Slieve Russell a few days ago. As it was her birthday I asked for a complimentry upgrade when we checked in.Gemma and Marie who were on reception were more than helpfull and gave us a Superior Room. It was at the back of the hotel and overlooked the fountain and lake on the Golf course making for a lovely view. The apartment was clean and the bed was large with a range of good pillows so a comfortable sleep was guaranteed. Complimentary tea, coffee and biscuits were replenished and the room was made up daily with clean towels provided. The cleaning staff who were also excellent. Patrick who served us afternoon tea and also brought food up to our room was very courteous and helpful. All the staff at the hotel were attentive and nothing was too much bother. Food was good and the breakfast excellent. The spa was very relaxing and you can buy additional treatments if required. Car parking at the front of hotel is ample and just a short walk away.
The general appearance of the hotel was good and all in all I would not hesitate to reccomend the Slieve Russell to anyone who wants a nice break.

Paul & Ruth Greenfield

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am delighted to read your comments regarding food, staff, room and spa. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We had a 2 night stay at this beautiful hotel after purchasing a voucher. We celebrated our wedding anniversary here in the peace and tranquillity of the setting. We enjoyed our 'afternoon tea' included in the voucher. The spa and facilities were excellent, we both enjoyed the hydrotherapy suite prior to my treatment. Every member of staff we encountered were very professional and keen to make the stay most enjoyable. I found the mattress too firm for my liking, therefore I didn't sleep well in the bed.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room, which had 2 double beds over looking side gardens.
1  Thank BelfastDee
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am delighted to read your positive comments regarding the spa, staff golf course, food and drink. I do hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Slieve Russell in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Lovely hotel, lots of nice food and a few decent beers. The best thing about this hotel is that is is right in the country and you will get a feel for what rural Ireland is like. Nice golf course on site. Town doesnt have much going on execpt a few good pubs with excellent food and really nice people.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am delighted to read your positive comments regarding the hotel, food and golf course. I do hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Slieve Russell in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.