“Outstanding”

Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ballyconnell
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Booked a 2 night Easter break. The deal included a meal. On arrival there was a great atmosphere in the hotel as it was full. We soon saw why. The service in this hotel is up there with the best that we have encountered. The staff couldn't do enough to look after us. Both meals at night were excellent and the breakfast, considering the numbers being catered for, was outstanding.

The rooms were perfect (view of golf course and lake) and the bar and surrounding areas great. There was even live music both nights. 10 out of 10 and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking golf course and lake
Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave G
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your wonderful review and I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your Easter break with us. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My family and I went for Sunday lunch here recently and were extremely disappointed with the manner in which we were dealt with. From the moment we entered the restaurant we were made feel very uncomfortable with very poor service throughout our meal. I rang the next day to speak to a restaurant manager but my call was never returned. I have always enjoyed previous visits to the hotel but on this occasion the experience was very unsatisfactory. I certainly have no desire to return here.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 80reils
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Reviewer. I am most concerned to read your review and I have emailed you in order to learn some more information and look into the matter fully. This certainly is not the high standard of customer service we pride ourselves on and I shall give this matter my personal attention once I receive your reply. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We played here on the 24th March while most of Northern Ireland shut down due to the after effects of the blizzard. Cavan had been spared the snow but our expectations of a playable course were low given the weather conditions over the past several months. We were pleasantly surprised and, despite the Baltic conditions in a brisk wind, had a superb round. Fairways were firm and the greens running fast but true. It was a pleasure to play and the reception in the clubhouse excellent, as usual. The food on offer was great value and delicious and could not be faulted. A tremendous day to be repeated very soon.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bonn13dog

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am delighted to read your positive comments regarding the condition of the golf course and clubhouse food. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel, would like to see it slightly modernised however was beautiful the grounds were gorgeous, service was great, rooms were nice, restaurant was great, food was really tasty, had the best Korma ive ever had there, my favourite part was the room with the fire, although we couldn't get near the fire because the seats beside it were taken at all times it really was my favourite room!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank OBrien25

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am delighted to read your kind comments regarding the grounds, service and food. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Slieve Russell in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Visited this hotel on a Groupon deal for two nights in December as a treat for my husband's birthday. Needless to say we escaped without the kids which is unusual for us but it turned out such a treat. The hotel was excellent and the staff were great. We had afternoon tea the day we arrived which was included in the deal and it was lovely. That evening we had a bar snack in the bar and it was super. On the Saturday night we ate in the restaurant which could be described as fine dining and it really was special. When we were too full for a dessert the waiter appeared with complementary strawberries with the words 'Happy Birthday Chris' drizzled in chocolate on the plate. We really appreciated the touch especially as we hadn't mentioned that it was the day of my husband's birthday.
The grounds of the hotel are amazing, don't fail to visit the secret garden and take the 4km walk it's so picturesque.
I'd return to this hotel without doubt and can't recommend it enough.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the lake/golf course.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wobbleshill

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your wonderful review and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit to celebrate your husband’s birthday. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Slieve Russell in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

myself, my daughter and three grandchildren stayed for a mid term deal in February. Great offer for 2 days. We enjoyed our time. the staff couldn't do enough for us, food was good and the childrens club amazing.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Breda D
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am delighted to learn you enjoyed your midterm family break with us. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Slieve Russell in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I attended a family wedding here and it was amazing: from the drive up to the hotel itself to the room upgrade (it was also in important birthday: give this great hotel a chance to impress and you might be pleasantly surprised), everything was perfect. There were two wedding receptions on at the same time but they were precision managed; neither bridal party even saw each other, the food and service were stunning and our suite had fantastic views. Very comfortable bed and excellent afternoon tea the following day: considering other hotels change more for much less, I will be back soon!

Room Tip: The views over the golf course and grounds are beautiful.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LisaM101

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your lovely review and I am delighted to read your comments regarding your families' wedding, food and service. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballyconnell
Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges
Westville Hotel
Westville Hotel
#1 of 6 in Enniskillen

Been to Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club? Share your experiences!