Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club
TripAdvisor
Lake Avenue House(Ballyconnell)
TripAdvisor
1,822 results
All reviewssetanta restaurantkells barafternoon teasuperior roomhydrotherapy suitebeautiful hotelslieve russelleisure centrethe secret gardenchanging roomstennis courtsboth nightsnight breakgroupon dealbusy hotellovely walkbeautiful grounds
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Just back from a two night stay at the slieve Russell hotel and had a fab time. It was a great place to charge up our batteries after Christmas.

My two children had a great time, my son played golf at the driving range whilst my daughter enjoyed the kids club that was put on over the holidays. In between they loved the pool!

Hotel was immaculate, grounds outside are beautiful, it truly is a countryside gem. Airy, homely and spacious, the hotel is full of character and there are plenty if settees in thr lobby / foyer with fires burning in each room which are very inviting.

There is a shop, games room and soft play room got kids to keep them entertained.

We ate in the setanta restaurant which was beautiful, breakfast was lovely and we had afternoon tea. If I had to make one improvement it would be at breakfast time, our first morning we were brought toast with our tea / coffee but the second morning we were told by staff to go up and lift our own toast from the hot food counter even though we saw other staff bring toast out with tea / coffee, which we thought was a bit harsh, but it was no big deal.

Rooms were beautiful, we had a room which looked into a courtyard and not a view over the golf course, I would like to return and hopefully get a room overlooking the golf course next time to enjoy the beautiful scenery.

It was a fantastic stay and we hope to return again. Thanks.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank JAMESY417
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your time with us. I thank you for your kind comments regarding the hotel facilities and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Im not saying this is the most fabulous hotel i have ever stayed but i can say it was the most fabulous stay in a hotel i have ever had. The ambience (over Christmas) was breathtaking, i loved all the lovely cosy places you could curl us and have a coffee, afternoon tea or even a nightcap. Food was totally amazing.....i had the same dish twice in our 3 night stay. Lovely walks around the golf course, and back to warm up at one of the many fires that are blazing throughout the hotel throughout the day. Leisure facilities are great and the spa was lovely however some of the adventure showers didnt work and could have done with a little TLC. Other than that it was wonderful...totally recharged my batteries in a wonderful environment....didnt have staff plaguing you...the were helpful when you needed assistance...i loved it....cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: Definately upgrade to deluxe or higher...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CaroleE3

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am delighted to read your kind comments regarding the food, walkways and hotel ambience. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Slieve Russell in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Booked for 2 night break for New Year's Eve. Had four rooms for our party and they were all excellent and close to eachother Really comfy beds and pillows, Excellent bathroom. Staff really professional and friendly even when hotel was packed out with 2 weddings and large crowd for the NY's fireworks and party. (We were a bit disappointed that we couldn't actually get outside in time for the countdown and fireworks but that was a minor complaint) The hotel was very cosy, lots of seating areas and staff everywhere. Kids loved the pool area and the games room.
Restaurant was excellent.
A wonderful break and thanks to all the staff at the Slieve Russell.

Room Tip: We had a family room which was lovely but the others who hadn't kids had rooms with a view and massive beds in them. They also had bathrobes and slippers. But that didn't matter to us.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your wonderful review and I am delighted to read your positive comments regarding your New Year’s Eve stay. I am surprised to read that you did not get outside in time for the fireworks display, as we actually have two displays, one at the front and one at the rear of the hotel - to ensure that all patrons can enjoy them. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Slieve Russell in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My partner and I took by Mum and Auntie here for a one night break, including a spa visit. We booked three superior rooms which were a good size, clean and a great view over the golf course. Can't comment on the wifi as did not need. The front desk were very helpful and polite. The Spa was clean and professional and we all enjoyed our treatments very much. I hate to mention it but I had two grips during our stay - 1) we booked dinner and were joined by two friends, alas my friend asked no less than four times for a side-order (that was ordered with the original order) yet it never arrived, my partner requested ice on several occasions and that was also a problem. 2) we ordered champagne in the lobby, the very nice chap opened it and poured but it was warm so we had to leave in the ice bucket for it to chill. All in all nothing major but .... at the same time our dinner bill was hefty as was the bottle of champagne so expected a little better. The two grips mentioned, I would definately return and recommend this hotel and its beautiful surroundings to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Catherine C
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I was happy to read your positive comments regarding your bedroom, the spa and reception staff. I apologise for the lapse in our usual high standards as mentioned in your review. I am delighted to note that you intend to return and recommend the Slieve Russell and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here recently for one night. From the welcome when we checked in until we left it was all great. THe staff here are very interested and it makes such a difference. We had a great big room (standard room booked, so not sure if it was superior to a standard room) with plenty of space, lovely bathroon with separate shower and bath. We ate lunch, dinner and breakfast while we were here and all were very good. We didn't get a chance to use the spa etc but we will come back another time and use all the facilites and stay a bit longer.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gortboy
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and I am delighted to read your kind comments regarding your room, food and our staff. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.