“luxury but not over the top”

Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ballyconnell
Dublin, Ireland
“luxury but not over the top”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

second time staying in the slieve russell hotel.enjoyed the stay in the hotel.Staff very friendly and helpful.Had family do in same -had personal waitor for the event.Couldnt complain about anything.The breasfast was brillant very tasty.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dympna062
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am delighted to read your kind comments about our staff, breakfast and hotel in general. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Slieve Russell in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
Newry
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I are just back after spending two nights in the hotel to celebrate my birthday. The hotel was buzzing on the Sunday afternoon when we arrived but was much quieter on Monday and Tuesday which was exactly what we wanted. We used the pool and there were not too many people around and also when we dined in the Setanta restaurant the food was excellant as was the service. Had been looking forward to going to the Slieve Russell as it had been highly recommended by family and friends and we were not disappointed. Even had wine and chocolates as a birthday treat after having a conversation with a very helpful and friendly member of housekeeping, much appreciated. Hope to return again very soon and will definitely be recommending it!

Room Tip: Had a deluxe room overlooking the golf course which was beautiful, peaceful and spotless.
1 Thank scorpionewry
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am delighted you chose the Slieve Russell to celebrate your birthday. I thank you for your lovely comments regarding the pool, Setanta Restaurant and housekeeping staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had been dying to here for ages and finally bit the bullet when we say a weekend offer on their website. From the moment we arrived we were made feel welcome and upgraded to a suite which was amazing! They got everything right with this hotel, the attention to detail is everywhere and the staff are so well trained and so polite. The food is just gorgeous and we wanted for nothing all weekend. This was the most realxed I have ever been on a weekend break, we barely left our suite except to eat as we wanted for nothing. One of my favourite hotels

1 Thank Michelle P
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your lovely review and I am delighted to read your kind comments regarding our staff, food and the hotel in general. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Slieve Russell in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.
ireland
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had heard good things about the Slieve Russell so was really looking forward to our stay however myself and my husband were left feeling very disapointed at the quality of our room and some aspects of the service. We were in a small room in the middle of the hotel with a view over a rooftop and down into the restaurant were we could see right on to peoples plates. The room was clean and the bed comfy but not a lot of room to move around the bed. The bathroom was terrible. The fan was non existant so after coming out of the shower i couldnt use the mirror due to the steam. This wouldnt have been a problem only that the 70s style hairdryer (no on/off, a box and hose attached to the wall) was in the bathroom. The heat left in the bathroom from the shower meant actually trying to blow dry my hair was impossible. The late check in time (4pm) meant we didnt get to use the pool or spa but i heard they are quite nice. Breakfast was good but had to ask for a pot of tea 3 times before we got it. overall disappointed!

Room Tip: We were in room 213 so avoid this, i see people recommend asking for a golf course view so this may...
1 Thank clare c
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am very sorry that you were disappointed with your bedroom. It is regrettable that you did not make us aware of this during your stay, as we would have done our utmost to resolve this for you. I apologise for the lapse in our standards you experienced whilst ordering tea at breakfast. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel, as we would welcome an opportunity to restore your faith in us. Kind regards, Tony Walker.
Dublin
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Midweek stay, availed off a Groupon Voucher, which made my stay extremely good value for money. I asked for an upper floor room with a golf course view as was recommended by a previous reviewer, definitely a good suggestion as some rooms look on to an inner courtyard, an extremely different view. Really comfortable bed, breakfast has plenty of options available and staff friendly and accommodating,. The Health Centre is very clean, again staff very friendly and informative, steam room, nice lighting and an aroma of eucalyptus that's a huge plus.

Room Tip: Room 733, nice views of the golf course
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank axel07
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. I thank you for your positive comments regarding breakfast, our staff and leisure centre. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Slieve Russell in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.
Enniscorthy, Ireland
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I are just back from a weekend in this fabulous hotel. The food was as I remembered it from my last visit (about 18 months ago) - Exquisite!! This was the case in both restaurants as we ate in each of them, being there for two nights.The Staff couldn't be more professional and yet warm and friendly, always looking to do all they possibly can to help and made us feel so welcome right from the friendly receptionist to the Spa attendant! The Hotel itself is spotlessly clean and really well maintained. The gardens are kept immaculately and while I'm not a golfer from the lovely 3k country walk we took around the Golf course it looked like the golf greens were kept incredibly well also! In the Spa, my wife had a facial which she thought was wonderful and I had a back and shoulder massage which was also fantastic - probably the best I've ever had! the spa itself and its relaxation area is really modern and finished to the highest standards.
The highlight of the entire trip?? The Entire Staff Friendliness and Efficiently warm and helpful manor!! Cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: Seems to me all were excellent! Iv'e now stayed in two very different rooms each equally as good...
1 Thank Colm N
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted to read your kind comments regarding our staff, food, spa and gardens. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your wife back to the hotel in the near future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We are a family of five, our children are aged 9,9 and 7.
We had a lovely stay over Halloween at the Slieve Russell and felt it was very good value for money.
We had a family room which was a bit tight but fine. There was a bit of a mix up as we had been told the kids club was open on Fri night but it wasn't, however they didn't charge us for the kids food which would have been part of the package, it did mean we had to eat with the kids.
The following night we had an amazing meal, much better than I would expect in a hotel.
The kids went on a Halloween spooky walk and watched a DVD in kids club until 10pm.
The pool was lovely and warm and the kids really enjoyed it.
We also went on one of the walks around the golf course and all in all had a vey relaxing few days away and very good value. We will definitely come again. I'd love to play golf the next time, the course looked great and was empty.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PElspethC
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and your kind comments regarding our Kid’s Club. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballyconnell
Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
Hotel Kilmore
Hotel Kilmore
#3 of 4 in Cavan
Knockninny Country House & Marina

Been to Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club? Share your experiences!