“Excellent hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ballyconnell
Belfast, Northern Ireland
“Excellent hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner as part of a Groupon Deal we had purchased, stayed at weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and its amenities.

Room was on ground floor (4th) and had two double beds, very large bathroom and comfortable seating area. All usual hotel extras were available including a small fridge which was great to store drinks!

Ate in the Setanta Restaurant on first night and was very good value for money, service was good despite the crowds and the good was excellent, brilliant portion sizes and very tasty!

We enjoyed the Par 3 golf course, it was very picturesque and relaxing. The county club is also well worth a visit however was extremely busy with children's swimming lessons, the facilities were good however not exactly relaxing!!

We also were very happy with the afternoon tea selection, beautifully presented and a good feed for two people! Overalls I would thoroughly recommend this hotel, it was very busy but not noisy or cramped, I will definitely be keeping an eye on their website for offers! Oh and a thank you to your very pleasant receptionists, they are a credit!!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Em4499
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your wonderful review and I am delighted to read your comments about the restaurant, bedroom, par 3 golf, country club and reception staff. I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Slieve Russell in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is set in the rolling hills of beautiful Cavan. You drive round the corner and see the magnificent Slieve Russell. The driveway to the hotel is lovely and the fountain really makes an impact. The bedrooms are really classy. We stayed in a deluxe suite overlooking beautiful golf course, views were amazing. Food in the restaurant is excellent. The Spa is wonderful and the bed is so comfortable.

Next to quaint little village if you fancy the local pub. We really enjoyed our weekend. My husband thinks the golf course is one of the nicest he has played. So he was happy with the golf while I chilled out in the spa.

Highly recommend it

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AngoDublin
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your wonderful review and I am delighted you and your husband enjoyed your stay. I thank you for your kind comments regarding our bedrooms, golf course and spa. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights. Unfortunately the weather didnt allow us to do much walking around the area. One morning we did get to take a walk down around the woods and down to the golf course and it was pleasant enough.
The breakfast was very good. Large selection of pastries & fruit plus the usual fry up which was good too.
The room was spacious. There was a problem with the TV station which somebody arrived to fix within 5 minutes of me ringing reception. The guy explained that they were getting a new system in and there were a couple of teething problems with it.
The only problem we encountered was some miserable person obviously overheard either myself or my girlfriend order something at the bar. They then used our details to try put a couple of drinks and some food on to our bill.
When we were checking out we noticed these items and told them that they weren't ours and in fairness they were removed fairly quickly form our bill.
Overall it's a nice place. I wouldn't call it dated as such but it is obvious that the decor isn't as modern as it once was.
Aside from golf there isn't very much to do in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cudman
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am pleased to read your comments about breakfast and your bedroom. I was sorry to read of the confusion regarding your bar bill, but I am pleased to note that Reception dealt with this matter efficiently on check-out. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.
tipperary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed here for a one night spa break the room was fantastic, Most relaxing massage I've had, Great facality, was bit confusing with areas closed off but still enjoyed it. great walking area.around the golf course. Dinner quite expensive value wise but the staff are very good Monika was great. overall very good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Keithb81
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am delighted to read your comments regarding the spa and hotel in general. I am abit mystified by your comment about confusion, as no areas of the hotel are closed off. I will pass on your praise to Monika in the restaurant. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Slieve Russell in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.
Cavan, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a one night spa break the room was ok, it was a very small room, And the water in the shower kept going hot and cold!! The food and service were fantastic, the spa was also fantastic, staff great and friendly, only one big downside the spa was closing at 6 our treatments were finished at 5.15 we were not able to use the relaxation suite because they were closing?? And were told to come back the next day to use it? What was the point..If the lady told us that at the time of booking we wouldnt have gone in for treatments. The point of the spa is relaxation!! But all in all brilliant hotel. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank HS20112011
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am pleased to read that you found the food, service and spa to be fantastic. I am sorry to note you did not have an opportunity to use the relaxation suite after your treatment, but I am pleased to note the spa staff offered use of the suite to you for the following day. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back the Slieve Russell in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.
roscommon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We attended a wedding here last night. I have to say that the food was excellent - not your typical dried up function food. Rooms were lovely with king size beds. The hotel is expensive, a cup of tea and coffee was €6. If I had to make one small complaint it would be regarding breakfast service. I didn't want a fry so I asked the waitress if it was ok if I just had a boiled egg. She said she didn't know and that I would have to check eith the chefs myself at the buffet!! Apart from that one small gripe I would definitely recommend the hotel and we will definitely be returning in the near future.

• Stayed November 2012
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am delighted to read you enjoyed your visit and your kind comments regarding the hotel and wedding food. Just to clarify about the tea/coffee, it actually is €3, not €6 as stated in your review. In regard to your comment about breakfast service, of course boiled eggs are available on request and I apologise for the manner in which your request was dealt with and I will address this matter. I am happy to note you would recommend and return to the hotel and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.
Northern ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed mid-week for 2 nights with deal from group-on, althought the hotel is looking a little dated since we last stayed i couldn't recommend it more, staff were excellent and very friendly from the girls at the desk to the cleaners they couldn't have been more helpful and friendly, we also ate at the hotel and food was excellent as well.

Room Tip: We stayed on 4th floor overlooking the golf course