“Simply the best B&B I have ever experienced - truly exceptional!”

Sandy Hills Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Rush B&B and Inns
Lincoln
“Simply the best B&B I have ever experienced - truly exceptional!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

Extremely high standard of accomodation. The rooms are very spacious and immaculate in every way. The warm welcome from Mary, her wealth of knowledge of places to visit and her special talent for making you feel so at home make this my idea of the perfect place to stay on a break. I would highly recommend this place for anyone wanting a little piece of Irish heaven and I can't wait to make plans for a return visit!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2010

Sandy Hills is a modern detached house with the most amazing rooms. They are extremely spacious and simply but beautifully furnished.

The rooms and en-suite were spotlessly clean and the hostess could not have been more kind, friendly and welcoming. Her breakfasts were out of this world!

Although only 5 minutes' walk from the beach, the immediate views were only of other houses, and the television reception was poor.

However, those were my only small gripes and I would definitely recommend this B&B to others.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

I travelled to Ireland with four relatives. We spend the night of June 12, 2010 at the Sandy Hill B&B. Mary was a wonderful hostess. She provided us with advice on sight seeing options on our way from Galway. She also directed us to an excellent local pub for dinner. The accommodations at the B&B were 5 star. We spent a very comfortable night. Mary’s homemade scones were great. We had several choices for breakfast which everyone found delicious. Thanks Mary.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Mumbai, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

One of THE BEST B&B's in Ireland. Mary (owner) was just superb, very helpful and runs one of the best B&B's in Rush. I initially felt far away from Dublin City, but after going and staying there, I forgot the distance an everything else. Homemade breads and jams. Excellent and very spacious rooms and above all very clean and neatly kept. Wish we had more time to stay with Mary. No one compares with her in B&B in Ireland - that's for sure.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Paris, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Sandy Hills B&B in March 2010. We loved it so much, we stayed here for not only our first night in Ireland, but also our last night. The owner, Mary Buckley, is the sweetest, kindest person that we met during our whole trip, and that is saying a lot considering the hospitality of the Irish people. By the time we returned for our last night, it felt as though we were visiting family instead of a B&B in a foreign country!

The B&B is spotless inside and feels very homey and comfortable, while also possessing all of the modern comforts. There are beautiful hardwood floors throughout, and from the breakfast area to the bedrooms to the bathrooms, everything is GORGEOUS. I will openly guarantee that these will be the largest rooms you stay in during your time in Ireland as well. The location is great, as it is very close to the Dublin Airport, but far enough away from the city that you can relax and unwind.

Mary's scones and homemade raspberry jam MUST be tried, both are delicious and her pancakes are fabulous as well. She even taught me how to make genuine Irish tea and I still drink at least 2 cups a day. She got me hooked! I would absolutely recommend staying here, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2010

This was a VERY LOVELY B&B. The room and bathroom were HUGE - probably at least twice as large as the 5 other B&Bs we stayed in. The entire place was spotless and well kept. The only problem we experienced was that it was really cold (the radiators weren't working for us). We didn't stay for breakfast because we had to leave for an early flight out of Dublin, but Mary the hostess had set aside some milk and cereal as well as muffins and scones for us to have a quick bite in the morning. She was so warm and welcoming, and her home was lovely.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2009

My husband and I spent a week in Ireland staying at various B&Bs. Sandy Hills was by far the best B&B. We arrived early in the morning, jet lagged but ready to start touring. Mary made us feel so welcome. She provided us with a wonderful snack of tea and delicious scones, drove us to the bus stop and even gave us change for the bus. The house is beautiful too.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rush
The Waterside House Hotel
Bracken Court Hotel
Bracken Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Balbriggan
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel

Been to Sandy Hills Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!