“Best Landlady in Ireland”

Sandy Hills Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Rush B&B and Inns
Montagu, South Africa
“Best Landlady in Ireland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

We toured Ireland for the first time recently. Our first stop was with Mary at Sandy Hills.On arrival Mary made us really feel at home, she could not have been more helpful. She gave us advice on where to go during our stay and a map highlighting all the beast routes. Our room was fantastic, clean and bright. The breakfasts were to die for. Mary showed us where to eat, where to have a nice drink and where to find local musical entertainment. This is by far the best B&B we've ever stayed in. On a scale of 1-10 I would give Sandy Hills eleven !!
Thanks Mary we hope to see you again one day.
Maddie and Deryck. South Africa

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank derycksalter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of days while I traveled across the UK/Europe. When I arrived, I was promptly greeted by Mary who served me a pot of tea and scones. Mary was very attentive and helpful, she gave me a few books to help me plan out an itinerary of what I'd like to do while I was in Ireland. The room she gave me was huge, the service impeccable, the breakfast delicious, I can say so many great things about her. She dropped me off and picked me up from the train station, when she could have called a taxi. It was so terribly considerate, I couldn't help but be amazed by her hospitality. At the end of the night after a long day of exploring, we watched an episode of Mrs Brown's Boys and sipped hot chocolate. It was just like being at home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed here on a last minute basis as there was a mix up with the original place we were due to stay in and, I have to say, it was the best b&b I've ever stayed in. The host Mary was so welcoming. She looked after us so well, even giving our 7 year old a wee treat as we left. The room was amazing, I've never seen a place so clean! The view was lovely of the garden too! Our breakfast was delicious, homemade scones and pancakes, and was thoroughly enjoyed by all of us. Mary even got her son in law to ring my partner for directions and tips for our journey! I would definitely love to stay here again and recommend it to anyone looking to stay here!

• Stayed August 2013
Poway, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our family of three spent two nights at Sandy Hills. Our room was large and comfortable and very clean. Our room felt peaceful and the window overlooked the beautiful garden. Our hostess Mary was able to recommend a great restaurant for dinner just a scenic 20 min walk along the coast to get there. (You can also drive there, but we wanted to walk.) We caught the train to Dublin to sight see the next day. We were running late so Mary drove us to the station, so kind of her. What a great place!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

At Sandy Hills, you wil not be treated kinder, taken care of better or eat more home grown food.
Mary is truly a delight and wonderful woman who goes out of her way to make you feel comfortable in her country and her home. She is a wonderful hostess with a warm smile.
I had the best sleep ever on her bed. When I change my mattress, I will be purchasing whatever she has.
She is 8 minutes from the Dart that will take you right into Dublin City. Such a treat.

Please don't let this B&B pass you by. You will be truly sorry.

Room Tip: We had the room with a King bed and a single bed. It was lovely. All her rooms are high quality.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Sandy Hills is a great b&b with an incredibly patient owner who will stay up to welcome you late, feed you delicious scones, and give you all the best spots to visit. If you want to escape the hustle of Dublin but still remain close, or use it as a base to explore the nearby sites I really can't recommend Mary's B&b more highly.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Corinne O
Hailsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

lovely warm lady is our mary.
stayed here before when motorcycle raceing weekend arrives, close to the beach , shops, pub with very good food . called the strand.
marys home made bread, scones,cakes,jams, really hit the spot with me,
big bald biker eating scones and jam in the garden with a pot of barrys tea,
thank you mary, may you brew forever, nuff said, pete.

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rush
The Waterside House Hotel
Bracken Court Hotel
Bracken Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Balbriggan
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel

Been to Sandy Hills Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!