“Steak Special”

Harbour Bar
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Rush
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Friendly neighborhood pub with excellent food. Traditional Irish dishes as well as seafood and steak.
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Just back from beautiful Rush. At the Harbour Bar and Grill I had today’s special the 16oz Steak, Béarnaise sauce, fried potato, onion rings and mushrooms.

Maybe 2 oz too much (the owner kindly packed the remainder) but what a feast. The steak was succulent and possibly the best I have ever eaten.

I took a picture but bear in mind the food was served in oversized plates.

I’ll be going back but next time I’ll' leave my car as those creamy pints looked nearly as good as my food! Beautiful town and food to match - a little piece of heaven on a glorious spring day

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We dined here on a busy Saturday night Each course surpassed the next and we left licking our lips. The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful and even let me charge my iPhone in a docking station behind the bar. How cool is that ??? I had a ribeye steak on a hot stone and a Jameson whiskey....great combination !!! I thought pubs like this only existed in West Cork where I'm from but this is as good as it gets. Have told anyone who will listen about this place. We will definately be back!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We are coming here regularly and never had a bad meal. even if you just come in for a drink its good craic. Fantastic value for money. If you happen to come on a Thursday you might even be in for a treat of live irish music with the locals. Every time my folks are over to visit from Germany they want to come own the HB for the trademark , fresh fish. Yummy all the way!! In summer you can sit outside in the biergarden, which in Ireland, not many pubs offer.

1  Thank Karola W
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Two of us dined here early one evening. After good pints of guinness we ordered Chicken wings to share (more than enough in a generous starter portion for two). the wings were followed by a filet for her and a T bone for him. Both were well cooked although my medium rare could have come off the grill a little sooner. The meat was tender and flavorsome and came with onions mushrooms and fries.
The service was welcoming, prompt and friendly. There is an interesting and well priced wine list which includes an offering from Mexico! There are a selection of wines by the glass also. All in all a very good experience we will call again.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Good food, friendly staff warm atmosphere just perfect ingredients for a great nite out. Food is always of high standards. Steak is a favourite of mine but the fish and the specials are really worth trying. Great for families, nite with friends or even an romantic nite for two. Well recommended for a visit