“Excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Forge
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Moycullen
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Detroit, Michigan
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We had a great experience here. The restaurant was recommended to us by someone at Kylemore Abby. We were very happy with the recommendation. We had a great steak and red curry chicken that was delicious. Ann Marie was very friendly. We had a great conversation. We would come back frequently but unfortunately live a little to far away. Our next visit to Ireland we will definitely go back!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Heinzstein

Petersfield, United Kingdom
“Delicious food and friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We visited the Forge twice whilst in Moycullen, absolutely delicious food in large portions served in lovely surroundings with extremely friendly service.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Fiona C
Omaha, Nebraska
“Friendly staff, Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We visited The Forge twice during our stay in Ireland. Both visits we had excellent service and very good food. We tried a stir-fry special, burger, sea chowder and the fish and chips. They were all very good, served fresh and hot. The owner (Ann Marie?) was so friendly and interested in making sure she learned about us, offered us great food and great service. We would definitely be regular guests if we lived in the area.They also offer excellent free wi-fi connection, a plus for anyone traveling the area. Stop by for a pint of Guinness and some good food.

• Visited September 2013
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“So good we came back for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here on Aug. 30- the first night of our recent vacation in Ireland [we stayed in Galway that night]. We were so impressed with everything- the service, the food, and the restaurant itself, that we talked about coming back again for dinner but it was too far to drive back after dinner from where we were staying in Ballyconneely the rest of the week.
For dinner, I had the salmon and it was excellent. My wife ordered the Margherita pizza and really enjoyed it. We noticed there was a lot of wine being consumed at other tables- everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. After I took a picture of my salmon, a woman made a comment like “it must be really good”, to which I replied “well, we’ll see”. Turns out she was the owner [and the salmon was REALLY good]. We chatted a little and Trip Advisor came up- and I told her I submitted reviews. She was most encouraging in this and I noticed a Trip Advisor sign later. I always feel good about a place when they are not afraid to have their business reviewed. The bill for our dinner, including two pints, was 35.50 Euro, lower than it might have been if my wife would have ordered something other than a pizza.
We did stop back for lunch on our last full day in Ireland, when we were driving through on our way back to the airport area. I had a ham and cheese sandwich and my wife had the same pizza. We thought it interesting that both times her pizza was delivered without the basil that is listed on the menu- so both times they had to bring it out afterwards. The food was good- the service was “OK” during our lunch- it took a while to get our bill that day.
We would highly recommend The Forge for dinner. It’s a relatively short drive from Galway and on the way from Galway to Clifden.

• Visited August 2013
Galway, Ireland
“Tastiest mashed potato EVER!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Had a family dinner here a couple of times and they never disappoint. They serve nice big portions at a reasonable price. They offer a great variety of foods and there is something on the menu to suit everyone. We will most definitely be back for more mashed potato, the best I've ever had!!

• Visited December 2012