“The healthy eating B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lough Kip Lodge Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moycullen
Lough Kip Lodge Guest House
Ranked #2 of 3 Moycullen B&B and Inns
Naas
“The healthy eating B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have just arrived back from a one night stay in Lough Kip B&B. I cannot fault the place, Bernie went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. The rooms were extremely clean and the decor was very homely. The breakfast was as good if not better than what I have had in a 5 star hotel, fresh fruit and berries, homemade soda bread, brown bread and scones. Bernie is an advocate of healthy eating and the cereals were organic. She also sent us home with some cultures of kelfer which is a a probiotic to grow ourselves and make yoghurt and milk for ourselves, we look forward to trying this! We will definitely return to Lough Kip and would recommend this B&B to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I am just back from a weekend in Galway, one night of which was spent in the wonderful Lough Kip Lodge, just outside Moycullen.

As part of my trip, I had sent out a general email in advance to several B&B owners, and from the word go I got a great response from Bernie, who owns the Lodge.

Not only was her response informative, she was the most competitively priced of the owners I contacted, so it really was easy to select the lodge, and I am glad that I did.

The lodge is in a great location, a healthy walk from the village itself, and close to the wilds of the west.

The room that I was in was also fantastic, extremely spacious, with a Jacuzzi Bath and free standing shower, and one of the most comfortable beds that I have slept in on my various travels.

And Bernie provides fantastic food - the breakfast had freshly laid eggs, home made preserves and very tasty brown bread. All washed down with perfectly squeezed orange juice.

Lough Kip Lodge is a great premises, which is deceptively small from the outside, but has plenty of room. You will be impressed with the lovely helpful service, and Bernie is the perfect hostess.

I am sure to become a return visitor.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank pobbyob
Rossendale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Many thanks to Bernie for a great week in Moycullen nothing was to much trouble and everyone so friendly, lovely rooms and comfortable beds and good choices for breakfast.
Bernie has the company of her two beagles who are so friendly.

Frank and Brenda

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

This is a slightly odd review as we never quite made it to stay at Lough Kip Lodge, but nonetheless their service was impeccable.

Following some foolish double bookings & changes in plans, we had to cancel last minute. However the owners were so understanding and helpful that we simply can't wait to stay next time we're over!

• Stayed March 2012
Waterford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed a night in Lough Kip Lodge Guesthouse. We received a warm welcome from the lady of the house Bernie and her dogs Casey and Taylor. Our room was spacious and decorated to a high standard, the ensuite bathroom was spacious too and had a huge jacuzzi bath. Breakfast was delicious with a variety of homemade bread and cakes, a great variety of fresh fruit and the eggs were from Bernies own hens. We chatted with Bernie over breakfast, she is a very friendly and genuine lady. This wonderful guesthouse is in a beautiful and peaceful location. We loved it so much that when leaving we booked our next trip as we did not want to miss out on another stay in this gem.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Have just returned from a wonderful night in Lough Kip Lodge. Last night Bernie cooked a delicious dinner and this morning's breakfast was another triumph ! ( eggs were from her own hens) The room was excellent , with a huge comfortable bed. Exceptionally quiet place with beautiful views. Bernie, and her two dogs Casey and Taylor, add to the lovely peaceful atmosphere at Lough Kip Lodge. It was so easy to really relax here, I will definitely be back !

Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

This guesthouse is amazing. One of the best I have ever stayed in. On arrival we received a warm and friendly welcome with tea and home-made cake. The lady of the house is a wonderful cook and I am sure that had we stayed for an evening meal, it would have been superb. I base this assumption on the breakfast which was a real knockout. The best I have ever eaten. It included home-made bread and jams, locally smoked salmon and a platter of lovely fresh fruits that was of course followed by a full Irish breakfast. Our room was large, and beautifully furnished with a luxurious bathroom that included a jacuzi.

The location is pretty and quiet but a bit off the beaten track for a stay in Galway, being around 10 kilometres outside, but well worth the detour, especially if unlike us you have a car with you.

I can't recommend this guesthouse highly enough. We returned to the UK singing its praises and would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moycullen
Westwood House Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,070 reviews
Portarra Lodge B&B
Portarra Lodge B&B
#1 of 3 in Moycullen

Been to Lough Kip Lodge Guest House? Share your experiences!