“Very Pleasant Meal”

Dining options: Reservations
Eastry
“Very Pleasant Meal”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had an evening meal here one evening whilst staying at the local campsite. There is two childrens menu's depending on the age of your child plus two to three set-adult meals. I'd personally recommend the local goats cheese as a starter and the steak was very good too. For the children, you may want to get their burgers "well-done", as medium came back quite pink. But is was good steak-mince that had been used and was a very thick burger! There is a nice selection of good French choices on the menus and the food was very good value, (made all the better when you consider what is being served at campsites). The ambience of the place is good and the service is excellent.

• Visited August 2013

london
“Great food”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Really beautiful food, reasonably priced. I had a gorgeous goat's cheese terrine and a salmon kebab. Friendly too.

Visited August 2013
Somerset
“A Pleasant Evening, but .....”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Having seen the restaurant advertised locally, we thought that we would give it a try. It is located in a very attractive situation, right next to the church of Ste Catherine-de-Fierbois , in a square which is dominated by a statue of its name sake Jeanne of Arc. The interior of the restaurant is very traditional, I suppose, much like the food it serves.

My husband and I both opted for the' Menu Traditionnel' of three courses for 27 euros. Though we had a very pleasant evening, we came away with mixed feelings about the food. We both very much enjoyed our entrée and our desserts, but had reservations about the quality of our main course. I started the meal with a small 'cocotte de lotte'. The monk fish was cooked to perfection and the crayfish sauce was quite delicious. I also very much enjoyed my dessert which was caramelised pineapple on a tiny pancake, served with ice-cream. However, my chosen main course, a 'porcelet' was rather disappointing. The pork was tender and copious, but was too much like a vacuum packed dish one can buy at supermarkets. Equally, my husband found his 'entrecote' steak rather meagre. Both dishes were served with the same accompaniments. We drank a house Chinon red wine and thought that it was good value for the price.

Even though the restaurant was very busy, the service was efficient and the staff lively and friendly. The proprietor took the time to go around to each table to socialise with his clients. We felt that this was commendable.

Would we go there again? Yes, possibly. Considering the reasonable price per head, we considered the food acceptable, but on another occasion would choose our main courses more carefully. The restaurant has a very large terrace outside, which I would imagine would be very pleasant for eating lunch outside during the warmer months or dinner on a summers evening .

• Visited February 2013