“Excellent”

Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great food, great ocean view and excellent service. The owner goes around the tables greeting guests and making sure they are satisfied and having a good time, a great host. We had all kinds of different appetizers and types of food and it was all good and yummy. There is a white wine sangria that will be calling me back, so will be visiting again soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Visited on Tuesday when it was almost empty. Service and attention were excellent. I ordered the salmon with passion fruit/amaretto sauce and the majado de viandas. Simply delicious! My wife ordered the Iberic-creole chicken breast, stuffed with sweet plantain and breadfruit (pana) tostones. For dessert we had cheese coconut flan. All desserts are made at Saltire, and the freshness showed. We dined outside and that makes it more special. The outdoor oceanfront atmosphere is unique and makes Salitre a great place off the beaten path to visit in Puerto Rico. We had trouble finding the place due to poor signage from Salitre. When we called they told us to follow the signs but there were none. Had to stop at a gas station and ask for final directions. We highly recommend this one in Arecibo, PR.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Pimientos piquillos are great appetizer. Their sangrías are also very good, especially the Sabina brand. My boyfriend ordered the fresh catch, it was red snapper, fried, with rice and beans, and he was delighted. I ordered the salmón montuno, which has a pumpkin paste, and is baked covered in a banana leaf, with a majado de viandas on the side. Honestly, it was not my favorite thing. I have been here before, and have ordered the dorado Salitre, which is mahi mahi stuffed with shrimp, and THAT is delicious! Have also had the mahi mahi filet with pasison fruit sauce, and that is also very good. We were seated outside, and the view of the ocean is so relaxing! Food took forever this time, but that is not the usual thing.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Had lunch there and left restaurant satisfied and with full stomach. Ordered "catch of the day" whole fish - fresh red snapper, if remember wright, with some local sides. Fish was just perfect, it melted on my tongue. The menu is big with plenty of choice from seafood and seafood is a must there.
Really have nothing to say bad about it, ok, maybe a little bit pricey. I spent 50 USD for the fish with sided, two beers and fish soup.
Would recommend.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Beautiful view to the ocean, the perfect sunset. Service was excellent. Atmosphere and music was perfect.