“Too many tables, too crowded, too loud...”

Salitre Meson Costero
Ranked #4 of 54 Restaurants in Arecibo
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Seafood, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Juan, null, Puerto Rico
“Too many tables, too crowded, too loud...”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We went to have a nice lunch on a Sunday and celebrate a birthday. I have to say that the place is located in a beautiful area and the food is good. The decoration inside is quite nice and the bathrooms are clean. Three of us ordered Salmon with different dressings and my favorite was the passion fruit one. The only thing regarding food is that somehow it was mostly bland, and flavor was contained in the dressing only, so as soon as I finished my portion I had no interest in finishing the plate.

The tables are too close to each other and being a puertorrican, I acknowledge that we're loud. A 15-people party was in the same area as we were so they were so loud, we had to also yell around our table in order to be heard. Lights inside were also poor, so even the bill was difficult to read on a sunny Sunday afternoon. Will definitely try it out again, but probably during the week and definitely NOT for a romantic dinner.

2 Thank SLR879

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food and services...”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Very good place to get really good food and drinks, spectacular view from the terrace. Good service and fresh sea food. In overall very good experience.

• Visited August 2012
“The best chillo I have ever eaten!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Visited Salitre for lunch while on a drive thru Arecibo and stopped here due to the good reviews in trip advisor.
First thing we noticed was the pleasant and elegant atmosphere. We chose to sit out in the terrace for the atlantic ocean view. Simply beautiful shore. Alondra our waitresss was very attentive and we asked for chorizos al vino (best we have tasted so far). My husband asked for the house sangria and couldnt get enough (he had 3 by the end of our lunch) we decided on fried Chillo. Upon arrival the chillo smelled delicious and had breaded crust that was simply yummy! I will definitly visit again!!!

“Outstanding in every way !”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Locals had referred us to Salitre as being a "must" stop while in the area, and they did not disappoint. Arriving around 5:30, our group of 6 were seated quickly on the outdoor patio overlooking the ocean. Our waitress was most pleasant and attentive throughout the meal. As the sun was setting and we took countless photos on the beach, the waitress made sure to place covers over our drinks and held off on bringing salads to the table until we were seated again. We never felt rushed....we did spend a fair amount of time on the beach....Everyone's food was perfectly prepared, from the baked Queen Snapper filet with a sample of sauces to the mixed seafood platter for 2, which could have fed 4 ! Everyone felt that the quantity of food for the price was excellent, and I can't emphasize enough how pleasant our waitress was. I would highly recommend dining here around sunset for amazing views if at all possible.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Bad customer service”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We went in and in the little front desk there where 2 waitresses that didn’t acknowledge out presence. No even the typical “we’ll be right with you” or something. After a while, another hostess shows up, just to check the reservation book, and didn’t even asked us if we were waiting to be seated. She just turned around and headed back to the dining room. So, we did the same thing, turned around and headed back to our car.

We love visiting and trying restaurants around the Island and never had encounter such poor service. I really don’t care now how good other reviews talk about their food because I think service is just as equally important to be a great restaurant.

6 Thank Akira V
SalitrePR, Owner at Salitre Meson Costero, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Wow that is very harsh, I am very sorry, I have had the same problem addressed before. I hope you can return on a less busy day (usually monday to friday) and try our fresh local seafood. We try hard to keep all areas supervised, but this operation during weekends and holidays, usually is a controlled caos. It is a problem to be too busy and we are paying the price of fame which can lead be infamous. Thanks for the information provided, I am sure we will deal with the matter as of right now. I you happen to return, my name is Luis, please ask for me.

Cordially,