All reviews communal dining communal table other guests garden route long table elephant sanctuary bedtime story pre dinner drinks horse riding a hot water bottle log fire country lodge homemade biscuits no air conditioning main building our honeymoon stunning views
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our one week stay at Hog Hollow which formed part of "three location" trip across S Africa. Hog Hollow was definitely a highlight. The hotel is very well appointed and most comfortable. Breakfast and dinner were gastronomic delights. All staff are very well trained and very attentive - nothing is too much trouble. However, a special thank you to Shane, the staff member who is a wealth of information regarding local wildlife AND kept both myself and a young child amused demonstrating illusions including card tricks. I don't know who was most mesmerised me or the child! Would definitely recommend a stay here. If the hotel is not full it may be possible to book for a meal - certainly worth doing.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We arrived on Christmas Eve, after driving the garden route from Cape Town, staying 2 nights, had a fantastic stay, nothing was to much trouble, we were in for a suprise on Christmas Night, first canapes and champagne on terrace at 6pm, then we heard the sweet sound of the local choir came to sing to us, it was very emotional and truly spectacular. It certainly made our christmas in South Africa something to remember. Thankyou Hog Hollow all I can say is 2 days were not long enough.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Wow, Wow, Wow, Wow, Wow!!!!

Stayed at Hog Hollow for two nights at the end of September and can barely find the words to say how great this place is! Have travelled quite a bit and can honestly say this is the best place and service we have ever experienced.

If Hog Hollow are reading this, just want to say thank you a million and look forward to returning hopefully in the near future.

We were lucky enough to stay in The Villa so cannot comment on the individual rooms (however saw another friend's and looked very nice) but The Villa was out of this world. Was a bit too chilly to go in the private pool but felt like a lottery winner staying there. The villa was decorated to a very high standard, was extremely comfortable (loved sitting out at sunset by the pool with the forest as a backdrop) we loved it and really did not want to leave.

Every single member of staff at the hotel deserves a thank you (especially the young man and woman that ferried us to the villa and back several times each day) and the little touches made everything (the canapes before the amazing food at dinner, hot water bottles in our beds with a chocolate on our pillows, the general quality and feel of the hotel and even the dog's coming to greet us when we got back to the Villa each day!).

Two little things that stuck out as really personal service were that one night at dinner we had an amazing chocolate and orange dessert and when I jokingly said to the waitress "that was amazing tell the chef I want to marry them and any spares that no one wants you know I'll have them" another one was brought out at no extra cost which was a lovely gesture. In a morning at the amazing breakfast, Eggs Benedit was also served but as I do not eat red meat I was saying to my friend it would be great if they did it with smoked salmon instead and the next morning I was asked if I wanted smoked salmon without me even asking them. By the way, watch out for the monkeys at breakfast, they love the homemade muffins and rightly so because they are delicious but not for them! LOL!!!!

Absolute heaven and would go back in a heartbeat!!!

Much love to Hog Hollow xx

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at quite a few luxury hotels along the garden route but nothing came close to Hog Hollow for stunning views, high quality food and a truly wonderful team (without exception). We felt like we were saying goodbye to old friends after only 3 nights!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Have stayed in some excellent hotels but this was absolutely superb The views are stunning, the staff exemplary, the food excellent. If you plan on going to SA stay here. About 15 miles from Plettenburg Bay with superb beaches and an excellent nature reserve at Robberg. Stunning!!

Room Tip: Stay at this place. You will not be disappointed.
1  Thank George M