Review Highlights
Wonderful experience

This is really worth a visit - I have never been a snake fan but found this so interesting. Jam... read more

Reviewed yesterday
507carolyng
Sandton, South Africa
via mobile
Super cool activity when weather is grim

Super cool excursion for the adults and kids of all ages. Very informative, excellent guides and... read more

Reviewed September 26, 2020
JeanBoydBunting

Recommended experiences in and around The Crags
from $19.40
from $18.91
from $19.40
from $14.35
More Info
All reviews guided tour great guide an awesome experience knowledgeable guide snakes albert ken fear sanctuary lover respect interaction outing enclosures
Selected filters
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We passed the snake sanctuary the day before and were intrigued enough to go visit the next day and im really glad we did, our guide was micheal and he was both passionate and funny not only did he know everything about his collection he passed it on to young and old alike in a way that was easy to get caught up in his enthusiasm and love for his wonderful creatures. We got the chance to hold both african house snakes and a gorgeous big albino burmese python who was a big pet. And just incase you forgot who mans best friend really is there is a gorgeous little jack russell called bella who comes up for a little stroke every now and again lol. The pot bellied pig is cute too but beware she has a passion for toes if your wearing flip flops she might try for a cheeky little nibble lol. All in all we had a brilliant day and if we hadnt have been heading off to addo we would have spent a lot longer there :)

3  Thank mairi77
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Cannot say I am a "snake" person however, ended up with a snake wrapped around my neck!! This was an extremely interesting visit as I learn't enough about some of the native South African snakes to take away any of the concerns that I had previously had

Date of experience: January 2013
1  Thank Lynn R
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My group had Wilmor as a guide. He is really great with people, made a lot of jokes, told some cool stories, and gave us a lot of information about snakes. I can't remember it all, there was so much to learn! I spoke to the owners and they said they've had a few repeat visitors for the same reason (i.e. they want a refresher)! The grounds are really nice and you may spot a number of other animals (pot-bellied pig, crocodiles, even horses); I can see why kids love it.

We got to hold two snakes on the day we went (one small house snake, one big boa), which was great for photos as you didn't have to take pictures through the glass cages.

You can see the people here are really passionate about what they do. The pricing of Lawnwoods is better than the other animal places we enquired about in the same area.

I had two other groups of friends travelling through Plettenberg Bay the week after my group; we encouraged them very strongly to visit Lawnwoods based on the quality of our experience.

Date of experience: February 2013
1  Thank EmperorsNewClothes7
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great place, wide variety of snakes. I'm not much of a snake lover, but after this visit I am beginning to change my mind. Our guide, Wilmor, was very knowledgeable and nice, made the whole family at easy and we learned a lot.

1  Thank Adriana F
Reviewed January 26, 2013

very personalized experience, with two of us receiving a tour with the tour guide, and witnessed the feeding of the boomslangs

Date of experience: February 2012