This place is difficult to make out. It is more for tourists than locals. Its pretty much someones really nice house transformed in to a lodge. We stayed in the master suite and our door was adjacent to a toilet. The design isn't too great so you may as well be sleeping in the dining hall because you can hear everything. It seems understaffed as the whole place is crawling with creepy crwleys (including a spider the emerged from our bed upon our arival). It has a lot of potential and we felt as if it could be a lot more than what it was. An example is the fact that the whole building is mostly constructed out of glass to make you feel like you are in the forest, but the windows are dirty. Little niggles like this pushed us to ending our stay early. Otherwise, the food was great and the staff are very tentative and friendly toward the guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trogon House & Forest Spa offers exquisite luxury, suspended in the tree tops of a forest reserve that stretches untamed along the Tsitsikamma mountains and beyond. Elevated into the tree tops, the lodges embrace the forest with see-through glass walls and sky-lit roofs, creating a true "nature forest" experience. What really sets Trogon House apart, is the absolute privacy and exclusivity in the midst of nature's pristine beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Trogon House and Forest Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trogon House And Forest Hotel The Crags
- Trogon House And Forest Spa South Africa/The Crags